What's new

ISRO to launch two student satellites

This is really good to hear and you have no idea how happy this makes me! Best of luck for the launch and hope to see the satellite up in the sky. Please do make it a point to create a thread once it is launched.

The article says remote sensing, so can we assume that it will be imagery based? And if yes, who is developing the imaging systems and what are the discussions around. Would be nice if you could throw some light on this!

Thanks bro,and yes it is indeed imagery based [except if we don't run into budget problems in future]. There isn't any plans to develop our own imagery systems,so that we are planning to source it from the market.
Our project is atleast 1 year away,I am in the end of S4 now,hopefully it will be launched when I am in S7 or S8.

No bro,I am from a low-fi institution for whom,even making into an NIT is a dream!

our institution too started building a nano satellite....but sadly due to some legal troubles within the institute in 2010-11 now the status of project is unknown

Thanks bro,and yes it is indeed imagery based [except if we don't run into budget problems in future]. There isn't any plans to develop our own imagery systems,so that we are planning to source it from the market.
Our project is atleast 1 year away,I am in the end of S4 now,hopefully it will be launched when I am in S7 or S8.

Can you share any specifications on what you guys are looking for in the imaging payload?

Can you share any specifications on what you guys are looking for in the imaging payload?

We are gonna use 3 no.of Nano cams made by a Danish firm. It has a schneider lens,a 3 mp camera,resolution of 80mts and an performance altitude of 650 km.

our institution too started building a nano satellite....but sadly due to some legal troubles within the institute in 2010-11 now the status of project is unknown

Infact,its the second time my insti is trying for making one. In the first attempt,it was rejected by ISRO.

Best of luck @acetophenol .

So what is the status of the project ?? When is it going to be launched ??

Last edited by a moderator:
Best of luck @acetophenol .

So what is the status of the project ?? When is it going to be launched ??

Thanks bro!We are at various levels,i.e different teams are at different levels. Us,mechanical team is reached and nearing the completion of deployement of solar panels. Ground station design is complete by our E&I team and land survey be Civil team is to begin. It will take a year minimum to launch,if ISRO do not cut us down in between.

Last edited by a moderator:
No bro,I am from a low-fi institution for whom,even making into an NIT is a dream!

Bro there is nothing such as low-fi institution. All that counts is your passion and hard work and you just proved it. Best of luck for the launch :)

My first review is coming up at this month,at ISRO satelite centre,Bengaluru!

Bro there is nothing such as low-fi institution. All that counts is your passion and hard work and you just proved it. Best of luck for the launch :)

thanks bro,and luck for launch is the last thing we need! We need luck for the design phase,analysis and most importantly the reviews of ISRO!

Back
Top Bottom