What's new

ISRO to launch two student satellites

thestringshredder

Reaction score
Country
India
slide05.jpg

The Indian Space Research Organisation (Isro), which has collaborated with the student community to develop and launch satellites, is overseeing the development of two more student satellite.The Indian Space Research Organisation (Isro), which has collaborated with the student community to develop and launch satellites, is overseeing the development of two more student satellite.

Among them will be STUDSAT-2 ,which will be built by a consortium of multiple engineering colleges affiliated to Visveswaraya Technological University (VTU). The STUDSAT-2, according to the STUDSAT team, is a twin satellite mission that aims to demonstrate inter-satellite communication and increasing temporal resolution for remote-sensing applications.

STUDSAT-2 is the second satellite to be launched by the consortium of engineering colleges after the STUDSAT-1, which was launched in 2010. The objective of the first satellite was to see to it that educational institutions develop miniature satellites and communication link between the satellite and ground station, capturing the image of earth with a resolution of 90 metres and transmitting the payload and telemetry data to the earth station.

The STUDSAT-2’s objective will be to demonstrate inter-satellite communication with twin nano satellites. Another student satellite to be launched by Isro would be Pratham, which has been under development for some time by the IIT-Bombay. The student satellites will piggyback with other big satellites launched by the space agency.

Link - http://idrw.org/?p=21620

yes me also want to knw..pls tell us more abt ur project..

@acetophenol howz you kick A$$ sleep??
btw tell us more about this isro program

yes me also want to knw..pls tell us more abt ur project..

All right my friends,
the Project involves the design and development of a satelite with practical applications. For us,we are targetting disaster management along with agricultural analysis.We are yet to finalize the payload though.

My institution has signed a MoU with ISRO through which they will provide the launch,testing and technical assistance free of cost,whereas we have to bear all the fabrication costs.

Our satelite weighs 14 kg and is of dimensions 270mmx270mmx193mm.

How the entire program goes is indeed interesting,I will never ever blame our scientists for the delays in our defence projects ,coz these things are indeed time consuming.

There will be hours and hours of discussions on something,then debates.....

Last edited by a moderator:
All right my friends,
the Project involves the design and development of a satelite with practical applications. For us,we are targetting disaster management along with agricultural analysis.We are yet to finalize the payload though.

My institution has signed a MoU with ISRO through which they will provide the launch,testing and technical assistance free of cost,whereas we have to bear all the fabrication costs.

How the entire program goes is indeed interesting,I will never ever blame our scientists for the delays in our defence projects ,coz these things are indeed time consuming.

that's so koool yara

Good to see that our students are working on critical projects where scientists of some countries failed to do so...

Congo BROs!!!

All right my friends,

which college??

All right my friends,

This is really good to hear and you have no idea how happy this makes me! Best of luck for the launch and hope to see the satellite up in the sky. Please do make it a point to create a thread once it is launched.

The article says remote sensing, so can we assume that it will be imagery based? And if yes, who is developing the imaging systems and what are the discussions around. Would be nice if you could throw some light on this!

Back
Top Bottom