What's new

ISRO RLV-LEX autonomous landing mission

This seems more like a university or a startup project in the west. Nothing crazy. India needs to think biggger. It took over 10 years just for this small test. Lol

Simply pathetic.

For those who are going to bash me for being negative. Trust me, I am an very Senior Software Engineer who has worked in many fortune 500 companies and I know what I am talking about. India is too slow and too small in its development. Thing Big India

This seems more like a university or a startup project in the west. Nothing crazy. India needs to think biggger. It took over 10 years just for this small test. Lol

Simply pathetic.

For those who are going to bash me for being negative. Trust me, I am an very Senior Software Engineer who has worked in many fortune 500 companies and I know what I am talking about. India is too slow and too small in its development. Thing Big India

I have a better suggestion. Hire a proper drone pilot & not a former rikshaw driver. Why make a product look bad by hiring a person not meant for the job.
What pilot? It is autonomous landing...

Simply pathetic.

You are right, its no bigger than a university project, however, when you take into account the measly budget they get($1.5 billion), you cannot expect it to proceed at the pace of NASA or Chinese or European space agencies. Being a Senior Software Engineer, you should be aware of such basic details. India is a dirt poor nation with most population without toilets and big things should not be expected. Considering all that this is still not bad. The problematic part is Indians chest thumping and doing self fellatio over such a basic achievements and front page headlines.

I have a better suggestion. Hire a proper drone pilot & not a former rikshaw driver. Why make a product look bad by hiring a person not meant for the job.

it's an AUTONOMOUS landing. It did it by itself, not with a drone pilot remotely piloting it.

it's an AUTONOMOUS landing. It did it by itself, not with a drone pilot remotely piloting it.
but manual over-ride bhi hoga available if needed, no ?

hona to chahiye, warna things go wrong and it crashes on someone's head lol

You are right, its no bigger than a university project, however, when you take into account the measly budget they get($1.5 billion), you cannot expect it to proceed at the pace of NASA or Chinese or European space agencies. Being a Senior Software Engineer, you should be aware of such basic details. India is a dirt poor nation with most population without toilets and big things should not be expected. Considering all that this is still not bad. The problematic part is Indians chest thumping and doing self fellatio over such a basic achievements and front page headlines.
I agree with you, but I dont think the budget is the problem here. India has access to as much money as it needs. Just look at the budget of this year. Financially India is breaking all records.

Look at this guy, he built a self landing rocket just like space-x all by himself. It took him 5 years but he did it. Now If ISRO was asked to build this, it would take them atleast 10 years and a team of 50 engineers. When I say India needs to Think Big I meant India needs to really think big and start building projects are world leading not some 50 year old technology. And yes I agree these Sangis need to stop chest thumping over such small achievements and demand more from their government/agencies.

Doesn't look like a very controlled flight. In my opinion it was too fast & one drag shoot wasn't enough. It almost tipped over at the end.
I had the same question, that it was accelerating at a fast pace and how it would land at that speed. I was amazed that it landed in one piece. lol.

Yes it is very clear that you are AN very senior guy and India should THING big.

Thangs four yor adviiiice.
Well its great to see India toying with a 60 year old technology which after almost 10 years of development is barely 1/20th the size of an actual space shuttle. It still cant fly or navigate. It took them 7 years, yes 7 years to complete this experiment after the first HEX experiment in 2016.

This is indeed a great achievement. India is now a world leader Hyper space power.

Various videos showing the landing of the RLV, don’t give any idea about its size. It appears like a small toy. Today more articles have appeared online with pictures of people standing next to it. It does look like a decent sized prototype.

Promising development which should go long way towards India’s space program.

Wow! didn't know there were so many knowledgeable people about this kind of tech here.

Honestly I know nothing about aeronautics or rocketry at all.

Regards

Look at this guy, he built a self landing rocket just like space-x all by himself. It took him 5 years but he did it. Now If ISRO was asked to build this, it would take them atleast 10 years and a team of 50 engineers.
That's a tiny scale model, people build all sorts of these

a real life one has a lot more going into it than just money...

Back
Top Bottom