What's new

ISRO GSLV-F08/GSAT-6A Mission: March29, 2018

I know it's the domain of conspiracy theories, but I'll just say it.

I wouldn't be too surprised if this was an attack on the satellite.

GSAT-6A glitch: No contact with satellite, but we're hopeful, Isro chief says
Chethan Kumar | TNN | Updated: Apr 1, 2018, 19:20 IST
63568423.jpg
TNN
HIGHLIGHTS

• Isro today lost contact with the GSAT-6A communication satellite, less than 48 hours after it was launched
  • We are unable to establish any contact with the satellite, but our teams are on the job continuously, the Isro chief said
  • Adding that the space agency is still hopeful of chances of recovery, he said everything hinges on re-establishing contact
Indian Space Research Organisation(Isro) chairman K Sivan has seen a major setback in the first mission to be launched by the agency since he took over, something most space agency chiefs have not had to endure. Eighteen hours after the GSAT-6A lost contact with its ground station, Sivan spoke to TOI about the mission. Excerpts:

What exactly transpired after the 2nd orbit-raising operations?

Everything went on as prescribed, a picture-perfect launch and two textbook orbit raising manoeuvres and then the satellite suddenly stopped communication. We are yet to determine what exactly went wrong.

When a satellite gets de-linked, it goes into a ‘safe mode’, is that the case here?

Generally the spacecraft returns from ‘safe mode’ in a matter of minutes, it returns in about one to five minutes. This is, however, very unusual as it did not happen. We are unable to establish any contact with the satellite, but our teams are on the job continuously.

What are the chances of recovery?

We are hopeful, but as of now there is no contact with the satellite. If we are just able to speak with the satellite, we can get it back to working as there are several redundancy mechanisms including back-up power. But everything hinges on re-establishing contact.

What you want to me say?.........That SUPARCO cannot send a 50 kg sat to LEO even after 55 years of existence
why you live in delusion state i clearly prove my point that we build above 50 kg sat in 90's and in 2000 @ni8mare :hitwall::hitwall::crazy::crazy: but not Launch by SAPARCO why you always blabbering @ni8mare :blah::blah::blah::blah:

Isro sux!

(PS. Suparco or w/e it's called is 10000x worse)

Launching a huge rocket like GSLV is a success itself!!!

Failing in space launches is far better than nothing... In fact ISRO is quite successful

Good to see you my friend, hope you are doing well....annoying same ole ppl by hitting the .... you know what spot :P

63568423.jpg
TNN
HIGHLIGHTS

• Isro today lost contact with the GSAT-6A communication satellite, less than 48 hours after it was launched
  • We are unable to establish any contact with the satellite, but our teams are on the job continuously, the Isro chief said
  • Adding that the space agency is still hopeful of chances of recovery, he said everything hinges on re-establishing contact
Indian Space Research Organisation(Isro) chairman K Sivan has seen a major setback in the first mission to be launched by the agency since he took over, something most space agency chiefs have not had to endure. Eighteen hours after the GSAT-6A lost contact with its ground station, Sivan spoke to TOI about the mission. Excerpts:

Everything went on as prescribed, a picture-perfect launch and two textbook orbit raising manoeuvres and then the satellite suddenly stopped communication. We are yet to determine what exactly went wrong.

When a satellite gets de-linked, it goes into a ‘safe mode’, is that the case here?

Generally the spacecraft returns from ‘safe mode’ in a matter of minutes, it returns in about one to five minutes. This is, however, very unusual as it did not happen. We are unable to establish any contact with the satellite, but our teams are on the job continuously.

We are hopeful, but as of now there is no contact with the satellite. If we are just able to speak with the satellite, we can get it back to working as there are several redundancy mechanisms including back-up power. But everything hinges on re-establishing contact.

It happens, it is now in anomaly territory. 2nd in row (same comms issue) will be a fluke.....3rd we know there is something going on for sure externally or systematically in design itself (that presents only during launch profile).

I worked in this field some time back, although sats are field tested extensively, the one-off thing can happen anyway and no one knows what it is (unless the sat has a self diagnostic) because some things carry only 1 or 2 redundancies (like say the switches to the power instruction buffer) even if they are super critical.

ISRO maybe should revisit its vibration and EM testing procedures to make sure, maybe ramp them up for this class of bird to see what the failure rate in at all environment envelopes is of any vulnerable components. But they will have to do a cost benefit ratio on this given their limited budget.

Eventually... as I said "Pak ki napak Sajish"

Also, no thanks we don't need underperforming mini sats.
A mini satellite that works is better than a heavy junk that stops working within 48 hr from launch.

63568423.jpg
TNN
HIGHLIGHTS

Let’s hope India can communicate with this satellite. It’s most unfortunate that after a successful launch and deployment, the satellite lost contact. Best of luck to ISRO.

Eventually... as I said "Pak ki napak Sajish"

A mini satellite that works is better than a heavy junk that stops working within 48 hr from launch.
Do look into how many satellites ISRO currently has in orbit.
And how many foreign $$ ISRO has earned by launching satellites for foreign coustomers.
All this was done while SUPARCO was busy launching water rockets for kids for the past 55 years.
images

Back
Top Bottom