What's new

ISRO develops India's fastest supercomputer

1) ISRO of done with fraction money for the same supercomputer from CDAC or else where.

2) Its totally based on COTS product.

3) ISRO built it with their requirements in mind.

I think its good that ISRO has such capabilities and understand the area for their needs. Also note the petaflop improvement.

CDAC can develop petaflops supercomputer but the govt is not ready to provide the necessary money and electricity for the facility.

This is the problem in India, there is no clear role definition.

You need to focus on your core competency.

If this is one off thing and if CDAC was not able to deliver the goods that were req. by ISRO then its understandable. But if ISRO went out of the way on this one, then I hope it dosen't happen again.

well then just shut that cdac and give its budget to isro they will do the job finely

^ lol

This is the problem in India, there is no clear role definition.

You need to focus on your core competency.

If this is one off thing and if CDAC was not able to deliver the goods that were req. by ISRO then its understandable. But if ISRO went out of the way on this one, then I hope it dosen't happen again.

There is no definition of core competency now. All technologies needed for all major scientific projects. Look at ISRO, for successful space program they needs all types of engineers and engineering. Civil, mechanical, electric, electronics, chemical, computer science etc. DRDO develops its own supercomputers and processors. But I think ISRO, DRDO, CDAC should collaborate on hardware for a new petaflops supercomputer and then they can develop their own customized application software by their own.

Back
Top Bottom