What's new

Israel's Parliament Bans Christmas Tree Display

RFS_Br

Reaction score
Country
Brazil
Israel's Parliament Bans Christmas Tree Display - ABC News

The office of the speaker of Israel's parliament says he has rejected a Christian lawmaker's request to publically display a Christmas tree in the building.

Eran Sidis, a spokesman for Yuli Edelstein, said Monday that the speaker rejected yesterday's request, but said the parliamentarian could display a Christmas tree in his office and his party's conference room.

Sidis denied the rejection was connected to Israel's Jewish character. He said displaying the tree until Orthodox Christmas January 7 would be too long.

Hanna Swaid, a Christian opposition lawmaker from Israel's Arab minority, said a Christmas tree would promote multiculturalism and freedom of religion.

There have been previous bans on public Christmas tree displays. The mayor of a Jewish town bordering Nazareth has previously refused them, though many Christians live there.

Related: Jewish mayor of city with large Arab Muslim/Christian minority bans mosques, churches and Arabic language schools from the city.

They didn't "ban" it , idiot.

They just said it's not suitable to have in the knesset.

Tell me how many Christmas trees the Arab Muslims have in their so-called 'parliaments', eh sunshine?

They didn't "ban" it , idiot.

They just said it's not suitable to have in the knesset.

Wow, some difference.

Tell me how many Christmas trees the Arab Muslims have in their so-called 'parliaments', eh sunshine?

Why don't you tell us more about it? Do you know anything on this subject? And while you are at it, can you tell me which Palestinian city has banned churches and Christmas tree? I can tell you of this Israeli city that has: Upper Nazareth. Perhaps with support from state-funded rabbis. This is something that not even Hamas' capital has done.

Last edited:
Another false title from false flag spammer.

Nazareth Christmas tree:
640x392_65548_256163.jpg

Haifa Christmas tree:
recycled-tree-haifa-Hadas-Itzcovitch.jpg

1356292018-municipality-of-jerusalem-distributes-christmas-trees_1692200.jpg

1356292077-municipality-of-jerusalem-distributes-christmas-trees_1692216.jpg

Distribution of trees at Jaffa Gate to celebrate Christmas. The municipality of Jerusalem distributes Christmas trees near Jaffa Gate.

arab_idf_soldiers.jpg

IDF Christian Arab soldiers.

Another false title from false flag spammer.

It's not my title, though - it's by a US media outlet known, like its mainstream colleagues, for a pro-Israel bias. And the story isn't about a country-wide ban but of a parliament one. Only way you have to answer is by misrepresenting the story -- typical. Nice photos, by the way -- still, it is odd they're all from major Arab cities.

It's not my title, though - it's by a US media outlet known, like its mainstream colleagues, for a pro-Israel bias. And the story isn't about a country-wide ban but of a parliament one.
You are not the only one who makes stupid misleading titles but u collect them around and when dont find create ur own. How many Arab parliaments have Christmas trees in them? So why there are no titles "Kuwait parliaments bans Christmas tree display"?

Only way you have to answer is by misrepresenting the story -- typical. Nice photos, by the way -- still, it is odd they're all from major Arab cities.
Haifa and Jerusalem have wast Jewish majority.

Back
Top Bottom