What's new

Israeli strategy in Syria: "allow the two sides .. to bleed each other out"

@Desert Fox

While the main target of the attack on Wednesday seems to have been SA-17 missiles and their launchers — which the Israelis feared were about to be moved to Hezbollah forces in Lebanon — video shown on Syrian television backs up assertions that the research center north of Damascus also suffered moderate damage.

That complex, the Syrian Scientific Studies and Research Center, has been the target of American and Western sanctions for more than a decade because of intelligence suggesting that it was the training site for engineers who worked on chemical and biological weaponry.

A senior United States military official, asked about reports that the research center had been targeted, said that any damage was likely “due to the bombs which targeted the vehicles” carrying the antiaircraft weapons, and from “the secondary explosions from the missiles.”
[...]
“They clearly went after the air defense weapons on the transport trucks,” the official said.

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/02/04/w...n-weapons-center-said-to-be-damaged.html?_r=0

I will concede that later attacks seem to have targeted other long range missiles (mostly Fatah 110).
Considering that up to this point Hezballah has not deployed it;s missiles against the FSA this too is of no help to the FSA.
@Developereo

There are reports that the raids, and much more, are coordinated between Israel and the rebels. Of course, Israel is not stupid enough to help them overtly, and the claims come from Iranian and other regional sources, so it's hard to prove. Interestingly, some of the claims come from none other than Debka.

So Israel is not stupid enough to help the rebels overtly, yet resorts to launching multiple air strikes in Syria which clearly came from Israel? We could have just supplied foreign manufactured ATGM's and MANPADS through Arab sources. But apparently IAF jets over Damascuss are more concealed.

and the claims come from Iranian and other regional sources

Ah, the lest blame the other side being an Israeli puppet game. Unfortunatly for you both sides play this game:

"Free Syrian Army commander says alleged IAF strikes were to aid Assad regime and stop rebels, not Hezbollah."

'Israel, Hezbollah, Iran are working with Assad' | JPost | Israel News

Interestingly, some of the claims come from none other than Debka.

Debka is a laughing stock in serious circles. How could you believe it when according to them WW 3,4,5, were already currently fighting WW6...
Seriously, it not even rare for them to tag photos of Mobile artillery and APC's as tanks or give the wrong name for equipment (mix ups between F-16 and F-15) yet they claim they are military experts.

Just went to their site and this pops up:
Hizballah units near Golan. Some receive “limited-use” chemical arms

Do you believe this as well?

Others from the site:
"Saudi terror cell, possibly al Qaeda, behind Boston Marathon bombings. Manhunt for escaped suspect"

"Armed US-Iranian hostilities are dangerously close – more so even than the six-to-eight months widely predicted. By posting a Keep Out sign over the Persian Gulf for the USS Stennis, Tehran is goading the Obama administration into action sooner rather than later. DEBKA-Net-Weekly out Friday assesses the nail-biting face-off generated by US pressure on Iran and Tehran's tactics for throwing it back in America's face. Israel must weigh how far to join US action against the cost of Iranian retaliation."

Was posted a year and a half ago...

Assad doesn't get weapons from China.

Yes, but Iran is...

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes, but Iran is...
for exemple the Chinese manpads we could all see are not in Asad hands.
if you check the militaryphotos chinese website , you'll find that Iran is not in the short list of clients possible for these manpads. one of the very few clients are Pakistan, one African country ... but not Iran.

Nothing has been best to Israeli interests like having corrupted, ruthless, and dumb traitors leading countries that are supposed to be their enemies. Getting red of those regimes would be catastrophic on Israel. No problem, all countries all over the world throughout history have gone through ups and downs and it's Syria turn now, but it will rise again stronger than ever before.

The Israelis are more worried about the outcome of Syria than Assad himself :lol:

more I reading your posts more I getting amazed by your ignorance ....

there is two outcome :

1- SAA be victorious
2- FSA be victorious

in first case :

1- Syria will remind a divided country with crushed economic and a weak army that need at least 20-25 years to become what it was before this madness ( and honestly , back then their army was a happy hour for Zions )

2- another Somali / Afghanistan would burn but this time , these so called freedom fighters are western dogs ... for sure this kind of country won't scare Zions ...

use your head before talking ... this Syria conflict is win-win situation for westerns , zions and even Russians ( they are get ride of Checheni fighters in Russia as well !!!! )

Nothing has been best to Israeli interests like having corrupted, ruthless, and dumb traitors leading countries that are supposed to be their enemies. Getting red of those regimes would be catastrophic on Israel. No problem, all countries all over the world throughout history have gone through ups and downs and it's Syria turn now, but it will rise again stronger than ever before.

it won't rise again in good manner ....

The Israeli bombing raid into Syria few months back directly helped the rebels.

Don't worry, if our intelligence knows about Al-Nusra rebels getting some chemical weapons or such, another bombing raid into Syria would help Assad this time.

Interestingly, some of the claims come from none other than Debka.
Some of the most stupid claims usually come from Debka.

@twilight
more I reading your posts more I getting amazed by your ignorance ....

Well, I think you are the one who tries to make himself feels better with his wishful thinking; we call it psychological reverse, boy.

there is two outcome :

1- SAA be victorious
2- FSA be victorious

What SAA? Can't you see they no longer can help it? Did you even notice that they sought help from Hezbollah and other Shia Militias? Seriosuly?

1- Syria will remind a divided country with crushed economic and a weak army that need at least 20-25 years to become what it was before this madness ( and honestly , back then their army was a happy hour for Zions )

2- another Somali / Afghanistan would burn but this time , these so called freedom fighters are western dogs ... for sure this kind of country won't scare Zions ...

No, here is my version : -

1- Syria will be liberated from Assad's tyranny, and the SAA - the one you brag 24/7 about couldn't do a damn thing when the Israelis bombed Assad's nuclear reactor - I find it ironic that someone like yourself still believes that the SAA is Israel's nightmare LoL.

2- The FSA was formed ~ 5 months after the guineue uprising, those who defected from your epic SAA chose not to butcher the Syrian people, and vowed to protect the Syrian civilians. Therefore, your argument is invalid.

In short, the FSA is a legitimate entity that gained its legitimacy from the Syrian people, the West didn't do anything to help the Syrian people, but the FSA did spectacularly.

Now, %70 of Syria is under their control, they have been fighting for more than 2 years, and soon they will clean Syria up from Assad's gangs and their sympathizers.

Your king included?
lolzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz good one...King will bring democracy all around the world....we see a dark shadow under the lamp ...lolzzzzzzzzzz...

Israel is only a very minor player in the Syria conflict; its role is limited to sparse humanitarian aid. Have the Pakistanis here asked themselves why Israel's "strategy" is so important to Pakistanis, rather than the much more important strategies of the Saudis and Iranians?

No, not at all. Now check this out -
No, that's off-topic. Your comment about leaders-being-traitors, however, is quite topical and personally applicable. You're just trying to avoid its implications - the question of whether Jordan's leaders are also traitors, or whether your angry assessment might just be mistaken altogether.

No, that's off-topic. Your comment about leaders-being-traitors, however, is quite topical and personally applicable. You're just trying to avoid its implications - the question of whether Jordan's leaders are also traitors, or whether your angry assessment might just be mistaken altogether.

Don't you understand Engless? I said no, not at all. The topic has nothing to do with Jordan while it has everything to do with you, now tell me what does this video talk about:

So Israel is not stupid enough to help the rebels overtly, yet resorts to launching multiple air strikes in Syria which clearly came from Israel? We could have just supplied foreign manufactured ATGM's and MANPADS through Arab sources. But apparently IAF jets over Damascuss are more concealed.

No, the claims involve logistical and targeting support from Israel to the rebels. Nothing material which can be traced back to Israel.

Debka is a laughing stock in serious circles.

Yes, I know debka is a joke. I only mentioned it because it is an Israeli source.

Don't worry, if our intelligence knows about Al-Nusra rebels getting some chemical weapons or such, another bombing raid into Syria would help Assad this time.

Already in the works.

Turkey, US and Israel already have plans to neutralize Assad's "unconventional" weapons if/when he folds, to stop them from getting into rebel hands.

Don't you understand Engless? I said no, not at all. The topic has nothing to do with Jordan while it has everything to do with you, now tell me what does this video talk about:

"It matters not if 90% of the Russian people perish so long as 10% bring about a world revolution."-Lenin

Read more: Foreign News: The Trail of Lenin - TIME

Back
Top Bottom