What's new

Israeli Artillery Corps looks for a new self-propelled howitzer

Adir-M

Reaction score
Country
Israel
The Israeli Defense Forces (IDF) are in the advanced stages of selecting a replacement for their 155 mm M109 self-propelled howitzer, a senior source from the Artillery Corps said last week.
artillery-corps-israel-nachal-oz-isr-july-israeli-m-howitzer-july-s-most-common-western-indirect-fire-support-weapon-32498382.jpg

The alternative:
1) Soltam ATMOS 155mm 6x6 self-propelled howitzer
Atmos_2000.jpg

2) KMW Krauss-Maffei Wegmann 155mm AGM Artillery Gun Module

http://www.armyrecognition.com/news...u-1221/october-topmenu-1324?task=view&id=3259
Eurosatory_1506--Donar.jpg

3)PzH2000
m02012061300056.jpg

4)M109A7
pim-us-army-howitzer.jpg

The Israeli Defense Forces (IDF) are in the advanced stages of selecting a replacement for their 155 mm M109 self-propelled howitzer, a senior source from the Artillery Corps said last week.
artillery-corps-israel-nachal-oz-isr-july-israeli-m-howitzer-july-s-most-common-western-indirect-fire-support-weapon-32498382.jpg

The alternative:
1) Soltam ATMOS 155mm 6x6 self-propelled howitzer
Atmos_2000.jpg

2) KMW Krauss-Maffei Wegmann 155mm AGM Artillery Gun Module

Eurosatory_1506--Donar.jpg

3)PzH2000
m02012061300056.jpg

4)M109A7
pim-us-army-howitzer.jpg
FINALLY, Israel should get atmos in my opinion

@Solomon2 @Archdemon @Blue Marlin @sarjenprabhu @500 @ni8mare @PARIKRAMA @mike2000 is back

in my opinion the kmw gun on the namer apc

IMHO ,ATMOS would be the logical opinion as it's indigenous.I'm still upset that after the first prototypes my country hasn't inducted the ATROM variant.

Why ? They are fine beasts. :D

That they are (i personally wouldn't mind 80-100 bult under license for the RoArmy) but they're not an option for Israel,for obvious reasons.

That they are (i personally wouldn't mind 80-100 bult under license for the RoArmy) but they're not an option for Israel,for obvious reasons.
I can see opposition saying.

"Palestinian children are dying because of the weapons you sold to Israel"..... :)

AKP is already under fire because of the trade between Israel and Turkey....i can't imagine what would happen if they sell a single bullet to Israel. :lol:

I can see opposition saying.

"Palestinian children are dying because of the weapons you sold to Israel"..... :)

AKP is already under fire because of the trade between Israel and Turkey....i can't imagine what would happen if they sell a single bullet to Israel. :lol:
Then you don't have to, I say Israel should stick with ATMOS, it's a very good options, and buying made in Israel will support Israel's economy and we wouldn't have to worry about embargo from turkey or anyone else
maxresdefault.jpg

Pzh-2000 and M109A7 are pretty much potent platforms but according to the fact that Israel already have numbers of Tracked SPH's they will probably go for wheeled SPH's because of their ease in deployment. Atmos could be the best choice for Israel.

Then you don't have to, I say Israel should stick with ATMOS, it's a very good options, and buying made in Israel will support Israel's economy and we wouldn't have to worry about embargo from turkey or anyone else
maxresdefault.jpg

I'm not fond of artillary on 6x6 systems but no one is questioning Israel's capabilities. If i was an Israeli, i would also want to use an Israeli system. If that system fulfills the needs of the army.

Rather than on the Ascod ICV derived load carrier, AGM can also be fitted to a MLRS chassis, of which Israel operates 48, called "Menatetz" מנתץ, "Smasher". The M993 Carrier Vehicle that houses the M269 Loader Launcher Module (LLM) and together make the MLRS . The M993 is a derivative of the M2/3 Bradley fighting vehicle chassis. INcidentally, the AGM is rather like a fully automated, remotely operated version of the PzH2000

agm.jpg

Rather a pity that the Merkava derived Sholef (Slammer) 155/52 SPGH is no longer an option

tdcn430.jpg

sholef.jpg

Army Guide

Back
Top Bottom