$@rJen

BANNED
Reaction score
Country
India
Israel to test world's first hover cars
By Himanshu Arora on June 25, 2014, 2:45 PM
2014-06-25-image-3.jpg

With the aim to revolutionize public transport, Israel is all set to build a network of elevated hover cars. SkyTran, a NASA Space Act company, will first build a 500m pilot loop on the campus of Israel Aerospace Industries (IAI) in central Israel, followed by a commercial network in the city of Tel Aviv.

The rapid transit system will consist of lightweight two-person vehicles, suspended from elevated magnetic tracks. The vehicles will be fitted with a technology that would allow commuters to order the car via their smartphones. These cars would pick up passengers at specific locations and then transport them directly to their destination.

The test cars will have a maximum speed of 70 km/h (43 mph), but according to SkyTran, the commercial rollout is expected to offer much faster vehicles, potentially reaching speeds of up to 240 km/h.

The first components of the network will be pre-assembled at SkyTran's headquarters at the NASA Research Park in California, while the rest will be constructed locally. The pilot project is expected to be up and running by the end of the next year.

2014-06-25-image-4.jpg

According to Joe Dignan, an independent smart city expert, the system represents a hybrid between existing infrastructure and autonomous vehicles.

"It will get the market in the mood for autonomous vehicles - it is not too scary, is cheaper than building out a train line and uses part of the urban landscape, 20 feet above ground, that isn't currently used", he said.

SkyTran is also planning similar projects in other countries, including India and the US, but those will depend on the success of the pilot in Israel.

Israel to test world's first hover cars - TechSpot

LoL.... Hazzy once again with Jealous..................

Skytran Patnered with Israel Aero space........................... Tech was invented in 90s

I can clearly smell the jealous

Yeah, I'm so jealous. :crazy: :lol:

This American company has been here for decades, all of this technology is built by the US. Skytran entered a contract with Israeli Aero Space recently in February of 2014.

You're trying to present it as Israeli technology. Typical Jewish people, they barely add a few modifications to American technology and try to act as if they invented this. :rofl:

Just like they do with patriot missile defense system and merkava. :lol:

When i read the title i thought it's based on Airmule technology. Also made by some Israeli company.

2-airmule-uav.jpg

I was quite dissapointed when i saw those pictures with what's essentially a cabin attached to a monorail.

This is not made by Israel. SkyTran is an American company, the technology is American. Israel is just testing the first batch I guess.

As for the mule, that's like a modified drone.

As for the mule, that's like a modified drone.

SkyTran is a US firm, agreed. But you must give credit where it is due. AirMule is an excellent concept and well beyond anything done so far.

SkyTran is a US firm, agreed. But you must give credit where it is due. AirMule is an excellent concept and well beyond anything done so far.

Credit is due in the US. Israel never developed this. They established a contract with the firm a few months ago. Now the firm is wiling to allow Israel to test the technology the developed.

As for the separate Airmule, I don't see any point in that, that's just me though.

Credit is due in the US. Israel never developed this. They established a contract with the firm a few months ago. Now the firm is wiling to allow Israel to test the technology the developed.

As for the separate Airmule, I don't see any point in that, that's just me though.
I can imagine why though.

I can imagine why though.

Yeah, because Jews are the most educated people on earth and everybody else in the world is a low iq monkey. :lol:

Do you Indians literally get on the ground and bow down when you spot a Jew? :rofl:

Yeah, because Jews are the most educated people on earth and everybody else in the world is a low iq monkey. :lol:

A credible work done by anyone is good. We appreciate it even if a Solomon Islander has developed something like this.

Do you Indians literally get on the ground and bow down when you spot a Jew? :rofl:

Not the way you shit bricks when even hearing about one.

Day dreaming about an imaginary country? :lol:

A credible work done by anyone is good. We appreciate it even if a Solomon Islander has developed something like this.

Not the way you shit bricks when even hearing about one.

No, I don't. You go on a worshiping sessions whenever your friend tries claiming American technology for Israeli innovations. There's a big difference here. :lol:

Back
Top Bottom