What's new

ISRAEL IN TROUBLE : Hague Court Opens War Crimes Inquiry at Request of Palestinians

Bomber

Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
benjamin-netanyahu-ii.jpg

Prosecutors at the International Criminal Court opened a preliminary examination on Friday into possible war crimes committed in the Palestinian territories, the first formal step that could lead to charges against Israelis.

An announcement of the inquiry by the court’s chief prosecutor, Fatou Bensouda, came two weeks after the Palestinians, over the strong objections of Israel and the United States, signed the Rome Statute, the treaty that created the court in The Hague.

Ms. Bensouda’s announcement, which had been expected, did not necessarily indicate that she would pursue charges in her investigations of actions by Israel that the Palestinians assert to be war crimes.

Her preliminary examination, which could take months or even years, could theoretically also lead to charges against Palestinians for violence against Israelis in the nearly five decades of hostilities between the two sides.

Even so, the step raised the level of antipathy between Israel and the Palestinians, whose relations were already under severe strain over the long-paralyzed diplomacy aimed at a two-state solution to their protracted conflict.

The Palestinians recognized the court’s jurisdiction retroactively, which means a preliminary investigation would cover a period that includes the 50-day war last summer between Israel and Palestinian militants in Gaza.

Foreign Minister Avigdor Lieberman of Israel denounced Ms. Bensouda’s announcement, made as many Israelis were preparing for the Jewish Sabbath, as “outrageous,” according to a report on I24, an Israeli news website.

President Mahmoud Abbas of the Palestinian Authority had threatened for more than two years to use Palestine’s status as a nonmember observer state at the United Nations, attained in November 2012, to join the International Criminal Court, which investigates and prosecutes war crimes and other atrocities.

Palestinian officials have described joining the court as part of a shift in strategy by Mr. Abbas to pressure Israel — a strategy that also includes seeking a deadline for Israeli withdrawal from lands occupied after the 1967 war.

In her announcement, posted on the court’s website, Ms. Bensouda said that she was undertaking the inquiry at the Palestinians’ request, and that it was a required procedure. “The office will conduct its analysis in full independence and impartiality,” she said.

The Israeli government froze Palestinian tax revenue after Mr. Abbas began the formal process of joining the court at the beginning of January.

The United States, which has called Palestinian membership in the court a counterproductive step toward a peace agreement, has warned that American aid to the Palestinian Authority could also be imperiled.

Nothing will happen. Israel is immune to the international law, above and beyond. The so called ICC is just meant for punishing third world dictators who don't live by the 'rules', especially African dictators. I would take ICC seriously if they tried Bush, Blair, Dick Cheney, Rumsfeld and Colin Powell for war crimes in Iraq. Zionists control a great deal in America and that allows them to get away with murder, just like America gets away with it.

10494689_10152577198565549_59302976639506017_n.jpg

Nothing will happen. Israel is immune to the international law, above and beyond. The so called ICC is just meant for punishing third world dictators who don't live by the 'rules', especially African dictators. I would take ICC seriously if they tried Bush, Blair, Dick Cheney, Rumsfeld and Colin Powell for war crimes in Iraq. Zionists control a great deal in America and that allows them to get away with murder, just like America gets away with it.

View attachment 184381

Now that you finished getting that off your chest.

You would take millions killed by fellow muslims, over the names you put here- Because the meme of Zionist ruling the U.S is so much more attractive talk in your world?

I'm disappointed in you my friend. Let's face it, this claim of " Zionist rule America" maybe get you a pat on your shoulder in Pakistan. BUT is contradictory to how American muslims feel.

America is a place that muslims are cohabiting well and a part of our fabric and peaceful. Perhaps you need to ask your fellow muslims or Pakistani muslims if they feel their daily lives are subjected to Zionist in America.

Stop playing to the peanut gallery bud

Last edited:
Ofcourse,according to International Law,an inquiry will take place but according to the same laws it's obvious that Israel only defended itself.This is an open/shut case.

Ask ICC to file a case against George W Bush junior and senior. Father and son duo destroyed world peace.

Any surprise Palestinians chose this options?

Joke of a peace process by the US would see to Palestine being reduced a kill somewhere in the West Bank, that too fenced up and subjugated.

What is Palestine? If we look honestly we will see a 60's trend and nothing else.A mere invention of the modern era,just a left over of Israel's victory in those eras wars,only left there to plague the Jewish state as an obstacle to their freedom altough they've won it on the battlefield.

What is Palestine? If we look honestly we will see a 60's trend and nothing else.A mere invention of the modern era,just a left over of Israel's victory in those eras wars,only left there to plague the Jewish state as an obstacle to their freedom altough they've won it on the battlefield.

I think it's deeply wrong when people ask, 'Who are the Palestinians?'. Who are they depends on how they identify themselves and it follows that the rest of us decide based on their initial call who they are to us. They are a people that were around before the mass exodus of European Jews to the state of Palestine during British rule. The freedom granted to the Jewish state was enforced by a colonial power on land that by all of today's standard they had no right by Godly or Earthly laws to rule. But leaving that aside, let's say the British colonialist were God's chosen people, who granted God's other chosen people the right to stay within a majority Muslim Palestinian state, then set up communities and eventually a country. Again, I won't for the sake of simplicity argue the whole subject of the war of independence and the larger Arab-Israeli war.

They are a people there, they call themselves Palestinians, they are given lands that most of the population of Earth (note: population and not government) recognize as a legitimate state. They are now making inroads into the UN and ICC. The Israeli and Israeli apologist approach about not recognizing Palestinian issues, not recognizing Palestinians as a legitimate people is frankly, very IRONIC, after all... not so long ago, a little Jewish state born of blood in the Middle East was completely at odds with it's neighbours who refused to recognize it's legitimacy, so what did it do? It approached the UN, it looked beyond, which is what Palestinians are being FORCED to do.

Exact same thing they did, and what's the response? Threats, violence and condemnation.

Strange times we are living in friend.

Any surprise Palestinians chose this options?

Joke of a peace process by the US would see to Palestine being reduced a kill somewhere in the West Bank, that too fenced up and subjugated.

Enough already. So the U.S. is the mighty 'Satan' according you and your comrades, up until you want our weapons. But yet somehow we are supposed to wave a magic wand here when both sides are stringent?

Would Pakistan like to take over the peace process and mitigate between the two?

Never saw anyone of your persuasion/ country(s) who've been so concerned about the Palestine issue ever offer to mitigate it. I guess cursing at us from the gallery is fashionable

You are so concerned about Palestine, yeah? THEN have you looked at how you've mitigated a palestine(s) in your country? You have a palestine in balochistan, you have palestine on the durand line, You have a palestine in Punjab, Sindh etc. You have a palestine in Kashmir for 65 years. What have you achieved dear Sir while you curse us?

This anti U.S. attitude from authoritative figures here fuels such anti U.S behaviour here. This S___ is getting old.

Enough already. So the U.S. is the mighty 'Satan' according you and your comrades, up until you want our weapons. But yet somehow we are supposed to wave a magic wand here when both sides are stringent?

Would Pakistan like to take over the peace process and mitigate between the two?

Never saw anyone of your persuasion/ country(s) who've been so concerned about the Palestine issue ever offer to mitigate it. I guess cursing at us from the gallery is fashionable

This anti U.S. attitude from authoritative figures here fuels such anti U.S behaviour here. This S___ is getting old.

Don't quote me like that sunshine. Don't put words in my mouth either.

The US' peace process is an absolute FARCE! Absolutely pathetic, and a sick joke. If ever there was a damnable aspect of US foreign policy, the utter hypocrisy when it comes to Israel makes me sick to my stomach.

How can a country, who has such a huge influence of Israeli/Jewish American lobbyists, a congress bought and sold to said lobbyists, a long list military corporations who make healthy sums of profit from lobbying for their interests through Israel's interests. A country who provides $3 billion dollars in aid every year, and also provides many unnamed loans, and then forgives those loans through congressional approval (which is again aid). The Israelis then turn around and buy government bonds with said loan money, so that you, the sucker American tax payer can pay off your loan debt with future debt. The country which provides one side with state of the art arms, in unchecked quantities with unchecked terms of usage, helped built it's own local industry. A country which always, always, always provides diplomatic IMMUNITY, not diplomatic support to one side, be it whatever the cause. A country where it's leaders openly pledge to follow the leaders of one of the side of the conflict. A country who does not even grant Palestine, recognition!!! Who blocked all attempts to involve Palestine in the UN.

palestine_vote_screen_jaz.jpg

See that^.

Guess who the 9 are who voted against Palestine's very peaceful, proactive and perfectly reasonable efforts at the UN.
That's right, Mr world police, impartiality.jpeg, 'Murrica.

America, maybe Australia, Israel of course and a few islands in the pacific. The rest of the world, either abstained, or supported.

Now....

Please tell me, HOW can a country like that be leading any bloody peace process. Nuts to your peace process you murderous thugs in suits. :pissed:

Because there are more than enough valid reasons for it.USA is the country with most war-criminals in the world.And you and all other proud Western posters obviously have no problems with any and all crimes commited from your country goverments.
Things are changing.World is changing.Hopefullly we will be still alive when USA,Israel,UK,France etc goverment,military and intelligence personal will have to answer for their crimes.

Don't quote me like that sunshine. Don't put words in my mouth either.

The US' peace process is an absolute FARCE! Absolutely pathetic, and a sick joke. If ever there was a damnable aspect of US foreign policy, the utter hypocrisy when it comes to Israel makes me sick to my stomach.

How can a country, who has such a huge influence of Israeli/Jewish American lobbyists, a congress bought and sold to said lobbyists, a long list military corporations who make healthy sums of profit from lobbying for their interests through Israel's interests. A country who provides $3 billion dollars in aid every year, and also provides many unnamed loans, and then forgives those loans through congressional approval (which is again aid). The Israelis then turn around and buy government bonds with said loan money, so that you, the sucker American tax payer can pay off your loan debt with future debt. The country which provides one side with state of the art arms, in unchecked quantities with unchecked terms of usage, helped built it's own local industry. A country which always, always, always provides diplomatic IMMUNITY, not diplomatic support to one side, be it whatever the cause. A country where it's leaders openly pledge to follow the leaders of one of the side of the conflict. A country who does not even grant Palestine, recognition!!! Who blocked all attempts to involve Palestine in the UN.

palestine_vote_screen_jaz.jpg

See that^.

Guess who the 9 are who voted against Palestine's very peaceful, proactive and perfectly reasonable efforts at the UN.
That's right, Mr world police, impartiality.jpeg, 'Murrica.

America, maybe Australia, Israel of course and a few islands in the pacific. The rest of the world, either abstained, or supported.

Now....

Please tell me, HOW can a country like that be leading any bloody peace process. Nuts to your peace process you murderous thugs in suits. :pissed:

Hey Homie, among those countries who voted yes, how many put their hand up to be a mitigator?

You should know that the burden of a mere vote means zilch compared to the responsibility of getting these two countries to agree on the larger issues. It was your dear Palestine that gave away a sweetheart deal by Arafat! But all we've seen is folks like you speak from the peanut gallery cursing at us.

We have influence over Israel to a good extent, but they are also a sovereign country and ultimately make a call for themselves. You seem to think we are omnipotent! Pffft

Because there are more than enough valid reasons for it.USA is the country with most war-criminals in the world.And you and all other proud Western posters obviously have no problems with any and all crimes commited from your country goverments.
Things are changing.World is changing.Hopefullly we will be still alive when USA,Israel,UK,France etc goverment,military and intelligence personal will have to answer for their crimes.

The world is lurching more towards the U.S by the day. Handle it.

Last edited:
Ofcourse,according to International Law,an inquiry will take place but according to the same laws it's obvious that Israel only defended itself.This is an open/shut case.

C'mon man...

Are you lit again? :disagree:

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom