What's new

Isolating President Musharraf, new campaign

HAIDER

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
Since yesterday newly elected member of Nawaz League gave cold shoulder and ignoring President Musharraf many times. Today's we observe non of Nawaz league minister of S&T showed up in the conference, where delegates of 14 countries showed up, even senior sectaries.
What message our elected bodies are forwarding to the world ?. Are they pushing Musharraf to the point where he has no choice to exercise 58-2B ?, because we don't see any harmony among elected member of coalition govt at present. From first day they have adopted Presidential disobedience movement.Creating more and more embarrassing moments.
I don't see any reason for Musharraf to walk away from presidency on this behavior.

Adding interesting statement of Zardari, its President who is behind the binding force in this coalition govt. (means if he is gone, then whole coalition will be disperse)

What else can we expect from power-hungry and self-interested people.
One campaign after another.
But i really hope that Musharraf dosent use that 58-2b.
On the other hand, i wish that people of Pakistan could realise, who is Nawaz Sharif and what is he doing. I have very little hope for this though.

Musharraf has big heart and these things dont matter much to him...
Nawaz leage can go to hellllllll:guns:

Musharraf has big heart and these things dont matter much to him...
Nawaz leage can go to hellllllll:guns:

musharraf is now isolated and marginalised - the parliment is going to vote on 52-2B very soon.

musharraf is now isolated and marginalised - the parliment is going to vote on 52-2B very soon.

Which is fine but let him finish his 5 years. If beyond article 52B repeal, they still go for his head then its nothing but revenge of the gunja. There would be a negative reaction to the Musharraf head hunting from the Army.

President Musharraf is really a weak figure right now. Everything he has done in the past 9 years is being repelled. Now if this is good or bad we will just have to wait and see.
The real problem for President Musharraf is Nawaz and Aitizaz. These two must be taken care of one way or another.

I think that his days are numbered.

Nawaz is his enemy .PPP too is hostile.

Even the COAS has now distanced himself.

He has replaced Musharraf's relative(Sehba's) Lt gen Mian nadeem Ejaz as the DG MI.

He also replaced two pro Musharraf core Commanders on 24 March.

Today he gave a briefing to the politicians and mush was nowhere

He has replaced Musharraf's relative(Sehba's) Lt gen Mian nadeem Ejaz as the DG MI.

I dont know man, I think he might be able to ride out this storm. I mean Nawaz will eventually shut-up, the PPP has said that they are willing to work with him. As far as the Army is concerned I dont think they will get involved in politics as long as President Musharraf is in power, they trust him, he is one of their very own and it is very important for the Army to have one of its men in power.
I think this new government will not be able to live up to the expections of the people and the people will come to realize that President Musharraf is much better then these democratic forces.
In my opinion in the comming three months President Musharraf will go back to his role as cerimonial head of state. He will be stripped of most of the powers that he gave the office of the President ever since becomming the President.

That doesn't mean anything.

Which was to put these guys in the picture as given by their public statements, they are quite clueless about what is happening in FATA. Musharraf is already privy to the situation.

Kiyani later met with Musharaf as well I believe.

I personally don't consider the repeal of the Presidents powers to dismiss parliament to be a negative issue. In fact, that governments in the past were dismissed by Presidents allowed them recourse to the argument that the "establishment never allowed them to function properly", and they they were dismissed before they could implement any progressive policies, or bring them to fruition.

Governments need to go out via the ballot box, because in the long run if the people are not the ones "dismissing", the same old faces will keep on returning. I do think that this time around, with the free media and active civil society, it will be a lot harder for the political goons to get by without their shenanigans being noticed. Of course only time will tell, but if only for continuities sake, and to establish faith and stability in the democratic process, these governments need to be allowed to complete their tenures.

Governments need to go out via the ballot box, because in the long run if the people are not the ones "dismissing", the same old faces will keep on returning. I do think that this time around, with the free media and active civil society, it will be a lot harder for the political goons to get by without their shenanigans being noticed. Of course only time will tell, but if only for continuities sake, and to establish faith and stability in the democratic process, these governments need to be allowed to complete their tenures.

I agree governments need to be allowed to complete their tenure but at the same time I also believe that our politicians must act reponsibly. Besides Quaid-I-Azam, Laiquat Ali and Nazimuddin we have not had a single politician who is worthy serving the people. When they are given power they abuse it and use it for their own personal needs. If such cases continue the only pillar of state which we can rely on is the Army. I'd rather have a corrupt General in power then a corrupt politicians(though I doubt that our Generals are corrupt).

COAS did not call on President: DG ISPR

ISLAMABAD, Apr 2 (APP): ISPR Director General Major Gen Athar Abbas on Wednesday clarified that neither Chief of Army Staff (COAS) Gen Ashfaq Pervaiz Kiyani called on President Pervez Musharraf before briefing Prime Minister Syed Yousuf Raza Gilani and heads of political parties in the coalition government nor after the briefing.

Referring to various electronic channels reports Gen Athar told APP that there was no substance in the reports regarding call on meeting between COAS and the President.

“Neither COAS visited President House nor called on the President,” he said.

Clarifying another news report regarding an award conferred by the US on COAS, he said this has no substance. He said during the training as a major, Gen Kiyani had participated in a training course in USA and on that occasion picture of Gen Kiyani was taken.

According to the norms of USA college the photographs of those majors are displayed who participate in the course in a hall of the college and it is called as “Hall of Fame”.

As a pursuit of the norms of the college, the photograph of Gen Kiyani the then major has been displayed in the Hall of Fame because of appointment of Gen Kiyani as COAS, he said.

“ This is a routine of the USA college and there is no extraordinary happening as impression being given by some news channels,” Gen Athar said.

Associated Press Of Pakistan

Which is fine but let him finish his 5 years. If beyond article 52B repeal, they still go for his head then its nothing but revenge of the gunja. There would be a negative reaction to the Musharraf head hunting from the Army.

as much as i want to agree with you, but the parliament will also vote to restore the judges. the 1st thing judges will do is declare the president illegal and there u have it. - he will have to go. what is the time scale. not very long. this is the reality. they are all after him!

In the OIC the speech by the so called-President no Ministery was present what humiliation infront of the world, he is to leave Pakistan on 10th to China maybe this is departure time, he will stay out of Pakistan for ten days.

Back
Top Bottom