What's new

Islamabad Dharna 2nd November-News, Updates And Discussions

Zibago

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
Islamabad Lockdown; Government’s preparation at peak
Posted By: Sulman Alion: 10/26/2016 - 11:37In: Breaking News, Highlights, Pakistan
police-dharna-1.jpg

Islamabad: The preparations of the federal government to counter and tackle November 2, PTI Islamabad lockdown have reached at peak, reported 24 News. “Center is using its sources for countering the protest.”

According to sources, thousands of police personals have reached the capital. “Four Platoons of FC have also reached Abpara Community Center, Islamabad from Swat, Khyber Pakhtunkhuwa (KP), sources added. They FFC personnel have brought their own belongings with them for stay.

“The federal government has called 25,000 police personnel for lockdown.”

Furthermore, heavy police contingent from Azad Kashmir and Punjab will also arrive Islamabad in next 48 hours.

According to sources, six government buildings have been evacuated for accommodating the security personnel.

Backdrop

It may also be noted that Pakistan Tehreek-e-Insaf (PTI) has announced a lockdown of the capital on November 2. The opposition party holds the stance that they are taking this step after all the state institutions denied transparent accountability on Panama issue. PTI chairman earlier demanded that NAB and other related institutions must take action against Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif and his family in Panama Leaks issue.

PTI then took the roads for protest which was called a ‘solo flight’ by other opposition parties. After a successful power show at Raiwind near house of Sharif family, Imran Khan announced the Islamabad lockdown.

Meanwhile, Supreme Court has also issued notices to Sharif family in case of Panama Leaks. The next hearing of the case is on November 1, just a day before Dharna.

In recent developments Pakistani Awami Tehreek (PAT) of Tahir-ul-Qadri has also announced to be part of the lockdown. The religious scholar was not supporting Dharna earlier.

https://channel24.pk/breaking-news/2016/10/26/islamabad-lockdown-governments-preparation-peak/

Atleaat Punjab police will be of some use . they were tired serving shahbaz Sharif now they will go and killed people protesting against nawaz Sharif

I have to be in Rawalpindi on the 1st and 4th! I am currently in Islamabad. I want to know if there would be blockades between Islamabad or Pindi due to the dharna or will the roads be open? Any help is appreciated!

I have to be in Rawalpindi on the 1st and 4th! I am currently in Islamabad. I want to know if there would be blockades between Islamabad or Pindi due to the dharna or will the roads be open? Any help is appreciated!
You should travel before

As per the news and what I heard being in Isb , everything is going to be closed.

According to Democracy , a peaceful protest is allowed , I dont get why the govt. is so scared , they've arranged an army of policemen as if a war is going to take place and not a protest.
Yes a peaceful protest is allowed; but blockading a nation's capital which will lead to many deaths and hundreds of millions of dollars of loss is not...

We've seen these "peaceful protests" before.

Atleaat Punjab police will be of some use . they were tired serving shahbaz Sharif now they will go and killed people protesting against nawaz Sharif

I hope Punjab puls make themselves useful and give a good old chitrol to this Ladla Khan sb.

According to Democracy , a peaceful protest is allowed , I dont get why the govt. is so scared , they've arranged an army of policemen as if a war is going to take place and not a protest.

Keyword being peaceful. IK attacked government buildings, disrupted public life and openly threatened violence last time.

Because the government is not democratic

Right. The last elections were just a show.

Bro government will probably go in to overdrive this time. From what I observed last time; normal commuters weren't too bothered. But I'd keep a few hours margin and I'd definitely NOT take out the fancy car.

Democracy: Nawaz as PM
Derailment of Democracy: Removal of Nawaz from PM seat (due to establishment)

And what about PTI? the ONLY democracy they know is when IK is PM, which is not happening ever if IK keeps up with this BS.

Be ready to do the journey on foot. All ins and outs of ISB will be blocked. You can try exiting from G-10/G-11 side on to Kashmir highway and then through to Pindi via Metro side.

Yes a peaceful protest is allowed; but blockading a nation's capital which will lead to many deaths and hundreds of millions of dollars of loss is not...

We've seen these "peaceful protests" before.

Yes, model town was an example of women versus Government Bullets. Gullu Butt smashing cars under police cover is a perfect example of a peaceful protest.

I hope Punjab puls make themselves useful and give a good old chitrol to this Ladla Khan sb.

Keyword being peaceful. IK attacked government buildings, disrupted public life and openly threatened violence last time.

Right. The last elections were just a show.

Bro government will probably go in to overdrive this time. From what I observed last time; normal commuters weren't too bothered. But I'd keep a few hours margin and I'd definitely NOT take out the fancy car.

And what about PTI? the ONLY democracy they know is when IK is PM, which is not happening ever if IK keeps up with this BS.

Nawaz could have put himself forward first and foremost for accountability 6 months back and we wouldn't be here.

You are saying everything that protects Nawaz. He's not a God! He's ONLY a PM, and PM's can be convicted and replaced.

IK is not asking to topple the government. He's asking for Nawaz to be held accountable. 6+ months have past and it is the Government's problem now that IK is on the streets.

Protecting one man is not democracy.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom