What's new

Islamabad baffled by IMF moving goalposts

If PTI was in this situation the esteemed members of PDF will be cursing IK and Bajwa.

PDM is in this situation so the esteemed members of PDF are cursing Shahbaz and Bajwa.

:lol:

When Bajwa was imposing a regime change on behalf of Uncle Sam most people had predicted this day. We aren't magicians. Everyone knows that PDM is a total fvck up. They have a history of wrecking the economy. They are incompetent. Don't make me repeat the words of Imran Khan.

You cannot possibly be serious by saying that PTI is capable of such incompetence. PTI has it's fair share of blunders, but nothing comes close to the current misery.

The current collapse and mismanagement is solely the responsibility of the Pakistani armed forces who like to meddle in political proceedings and PDM.

This time.something else happened which never happened before the system and all their beneficiary came front and public has seen it who is what now so i dont think it will be easy to be shaheed after destroying everything
People don't have memory..
Everyone knew about it 1990s too but forgot in 2000s and I was surprised how can you forget

I don’t see Pakistan coming out of this anytime soon

Even if a clean political party comes in with smart people, this is easily a decade job. Cleaning up the mess, setting macro economic indicators right, bringing political stability, create a good investment climate, and only then you move towards a path of economic growth.

Politely put, Pakistanis have been selecting thieves during elections and OK with supra constitutional role of the establishment.

However, I have high hopes for Pakistan’s future. Now that the establishment role has been exposed and the politicians totally naked, we certainly hope Pakistan now is on the right trajectory.

I am not the one who discusses divine topics. I mean what happens to nations that elect thieves, Generals who sell blood (CSF funds, $ for drone strikes) of the civilians they swore to protect, judges who make wrong judgements for $ and the normal public only dream is to become part of the mafia. There is only one thing Allah sends to these kind of nations. Total wrath.

Last edited:
Contrary to popular belief, Pakistan won’t collapse.

Everything is normal at 30% inflation.

What will happen is the Government will default while the public and the economy as a whole will be intact. In short term this is what I see happening.

Only thing keeping up is the size of its informal economy that makes a huge chunk of its overall economy.

But yes, if this goes on for extended period of time, we’d see something more than an economic collapse.
Well Pakistan has already collapsed

India has made it first move it knows we can't do anything so it will try to renegotiate a deal which was very favourable to them in 1960 to begin with

Indus water treaty

I don’t see Pakistan coming out of this anytime soon

Even if a clean political party comes in with smart people, this is easily a decade job. Cleaning up the mess, setting macro economic indicators right, bringing political stability, create a good investment climate, and only then you move towards a path of economic growth.

Politely put, Pakistanis have been selecting thieves during elections and OK with supra constitutional role of the establishment.

However, I have high hopes for Pakistan’s future. Now that the establishment role has been exposed and the politicians totally naked, we certainly hope Pakistan now is on the right trajectory.

It already was a decade job when Imran Khan was in power. Let's not kid ourselves here. PDM has brought Pakistan to a calamity in a matter of 10 months. This performance is so terrible that Pakistan will now take at least a couple of decades to recover. I am not talking about competing with regional nations. Competing with regional nations is out of the question. We are talking about mere recovery. Imran Khan had warned the establishment. The establishment is stubborn, but is going to pay the price. Worse, the people of Pakistan are going to be the sacrificial lamb.

Last edited:
It already was a decade job when Imran Khan was in power. Let's not kid ourselves here. PDM has brought Pakistan to a calamity in a matter of 10 months. This performance is so terrible that Pakistan will now take at least a couple of decades to recover. I am not talking about competing with regional powers. Competing with regional nations is out of the question. We are talking about mere recovery. Imran Khan had warned the establishment.
It’s depressing ain’t it.

Haramkhori of a few people (establishment and politicians) have landed us here. Although this was forthcoming since a few decades in terms of decaying every institution and the cream (corrupt ones) come to the top. And then you force a RCO.

In any sane society, Bajwa would be dragged back and there would be an article 6 on him. Shahbaz will be in jail for a simple fact that he was a guarantor that Nawaz would come back. There would be extradition of Nawaz Sharif or all his assets would be frozen. Maryam will be in jail for lying about her finances. Zardari jailed for killing a number of Karachi businessman and associated for not towing his line, lets not go to his corruption tales. Same with judges and bureaucrats.

I mean the country doesn’t have a resemblance of a functioning justice system. The fact that IK has so much support is more from a point of view of him fighting the status quo. Everything else is secondary.

More so than IK winning, it is important Pakistan defangs the current crop of politicians, bureaucrats, judges. But most importantly it has to make sure the Generals do not enjoy the power they have today.

640008b400e4e.jpg

PTI did what needs to be done in 2018 reserves were $6 billion left and they took tough decision and when left $16 billion. pti follow simple formula increase export and remittance which pmln fail to do as they never increase export or remittamce in past but kept taking loan

Economy is not a cup of tea for everyone to understand so keep the bughz up
The way you have explained ..like a true fan.....did the exports quadruple.?? It was a fairly small increase..the reserves were 22 billion an dropped to 16 within a month of March.
Atleast first read the numbers properly before alleging me for bughz..why would i have bughz with Imran.
Difficult to say. But now PDM are here benefiting from RCO, so they have to decide.
Actually they now feel that bajwa did game with them.

If PTI was in this situation then they would have failed already. Like this mixed achar. and there fate would have been the same. Political death.
A lot of what happened to our economy was directly related to Russian Ukraine conflict.. Pti couldn't have stabilized the exports neither they could have helped maintain the reserves level.. imfa t reserves already started falling jn their time from. 22 to 16 billion in just month of March 2022.

The way you have explained ..like a true fan.....did the exports quadruple.?? It was a fairly small increase..the reserves were 22 billion an dropped to 16 within a month of March.
Atleast first read the numbers properly before alleging me for bughz..why would i have bughz with Imran.

Actually they now feel that bajwa did game with them.
The rate of growth across the board in the important areas like remittances, exports, LSM was double digit growth.

You also don’t have the counterfactual about how PTI would have done vs PDM. PTI had Covid which they dealt with in an exemplary fashion- you can compare this to how our neighbors dealt with it. We don’t know how PDM would have dealt with it.

PDM had Ukraine-Russia fiasco. You can see how they dealt with it and also compare that against our neighbors. You don’t have the counter factual to say how PTI would have dealt with it.

Frankly, even with the lack of counterfactuals, the above handling of the economy is stark for anyone who has any economic literacy.

In my mind, it is absurd to blame external conditions for conditions right now - but then do bughz IK and ignore much larger external conditions during Covid.

Debt restructuring without ENDING CORRUPTION, is going to take us back to the IMF .....in the near Future.

IMF gives loans to corrupt politicians to keep third world countries under debt so that they can be manipulated by the West. Funds are put into grand infrastructure projects which have little yield. An example is the Motorways and now the Shaikh Rashid's plan for Railway new tracks.
The Economic Hitman's third 'version has been printed and he says that it is now the third version of Economic Hitmen. He has explored Chinese economic Hitmen who have learned from the West and have more advanced strategies of trapping Third World Nations.
We can do what Argentina did. It said it is not paying bonds which were held by few entities. When the price fell due to the negative news, it bought the bonds at dirt cheap prices.

Yes they’re certainly baffled alright, baffled why the IMF won’t accept what they pulled out of their backsides as economic reform.
I bet the US is wetting themselves laughing at their calls.

IMF must be flexible with loan conditions to prevent Pakistan’s economic crisis from worsening

It is also foolish to expect 'friendly countries' to step up to help us in a big way without the IMF on board.
friendly countries ne koi theka nhi le rakha her koi 2-4 bar pesy de deta hai roz roz ka bhikar panna kab khatam hoga sir ?

gov must cut massive in expenses and everything will be fine . they even dont need IMF if they start cutting it . 90bn was give to MNAs for run scheames to get votes just last month . we have 85 ministers . we have massive programs . these goons did not sit home they are flying day night jets .

Back
Top Bottom