What's new

Islam And Pakistan

Well not exactly secular state but not a Mullah state either.Any minority or other sect Muslims should be able to live freely and Religion should have nothing to do with the government in power.(Quaid-E-Azam also said this ill try to find the quote and post).Honestly what does Religion has to do with government?

In that case, term "secular" is confusing. You shoud coin a new term. Something like "Modern Islamic State" or "Democratic Islamic State" etc. etc.

Some people want Pakistan to be secular like Turkey (which also has more than 95% Muslim population) but they are forgetting the fact that Turkey is in Europe, and is an entirely different society from Pakistan.

Omar...I have spent few years in TURKEY. And believe me, outside ANKARA, ISTANBUL ,IZMIR etc. all things are different. And I will qoute TURKEY as an ANTI-ISLAMIC STATE, not SECULAR STATE. Laws like 'no scarf' 'or no beard on ID CARD' are definetly not secular. After even so many generations of westernization there were so many 'confused & sick' aspects there...which can even make a western mind sick. But very nice ,clean & cultured people.

Well Technically Pakistan was a very liberal state before Bhutto made some changes in constituion to score some political points with religious parties and then General Zia fucked Pakistan from backside and we are paying the price now.Nothing wrong with Islamic Republic of Pakistan but it should not be like General Zia's era which most of you people want to return.I have no complaints with current government.They are very much liberal.

I agree Pakistan can never be secular state and will always remain Islamic Republic however Madrashah system has to be reformed.I studied Quran in a MArdrahsah for 1 year and it was very tough.The boys there were brainwashed to an extent that they thought Osama was a hero and what he did on 9/11 was heroic act.This is my problem with Mardrashas.Lal Masjid is a direct result of extreme preachings.These people even support Taliban which is completely wrong.I am a Muslim and i oppose any terrorist activity done under the name of Islam.Now i don't have a problem with religious people like Al-Zakir who is a very religious person but he preaches Islam in a peaceful way and does not support Talibans at all.These type of people we need who does not support arms rebellion against State (Like Talibans).

Last edited:
I guess it depends where you go in Pakistan. Lahore and Karachi are pretty much liberal. Islamabad is moderate but once you go west of Islamabad, its very conservative...but you cant change people's minds they were living like that forever. We can have development in our country and still keep our values, even people in FATA want their area to be developed like other parts of Pakistan now.

U have been brain washed from same mullahs who opposed creation of PK

"Nationality rather than religion will be the basis for the muslim homeland" - Jinnah

In a message to NWFP Muslim Students Federation in April 1943, he said:

“You have asked me to give a message. What message can I give you? We have got the great message in the Quran for our guidance and enlightenment.”

In his speech at the Frontier Muslim League Conference on November 21, 1945, he said:

“We have to fight a double edged battle, one against the Hindu Congress and the British Imperialists, both of them being capitalists. The Muslims demand Pakistan where they could rule according to their own code of life and according to their own cultural growth, traditions and Islamic laws.”

quaid and others struggle just for islamic pakistan and

he said first is not religion not nationality
ofcourse in islamic state they are not judges by their coulour religion cast or anything else they are considerd human first

i m not brainswashed and i never follow any mullah i only follow quran and hadith and quran tell us that we human beings are equal we are all childerns of Adam And Hawwa

ISLAMIC REPUBLIC OF PAKISTAN ZINDABAD:pakistan::pakistan::pakistan::pakistan::pakistan:

By that logic, the wars we lost are because Allah did not want us to win. You want us to stop following the west? Then please give us a model to follow. Should we follow the 'great' Afghanistan or Saudi Arabia? One country we know what shape it is in. The other one is just lucky with oil. Despite the oil money, it is such a backward and oppressive country.

u want model ok models are the great Hazrat Muhammad(PBUH) if u cant follow then plz follow Hazrat Omar(R.A) did u ever find great ruler like hazrat Umar(R.A) ofcource not so follow them

Even Umar bin Abdul Aziz is a model rular, if some one wants to follow. Its not the absence of an Islamic model that hinders todays politicians or Muslim rulars to follow Islam, it is, in my opinion, the lack of will or intention that has become obstacle on the way to formulate and practice an Islamic state.

If we have a pure Islamic state, just like that of Umar bin Abdul Aziz, no one will be asking for a secular state, as the non muslim citizens of these early Islamic governments never asked why they dont have a secular state. They rather requested Muslims to come and get them free from christian states (keep in mind the case of spanish Jews). So its the way you practice the laws and make your citizens feel about you, not a label that can satisfy the masses. Suppose we amend the constitution and make Pakistan a secular state, in documents, but all the officals, leaders, elite is the same then this secularism will be fruitless for us. On the other hand, if we start actually implementing the true Islamic rules (where a baduin can ask the ruler that how he got his long shirt) then its all right with an Islamic state.

People who argue baselessly about not having an islamic model of state, should be asked the following questions:

1- Did Abraham Lincoln have a democretic model of state before him?
2- Did Lenon have a model of communist state before him?
3- Did China have a model of social state before it?

It is interesting to note that all the coutries, giving free social services (education, health ets) to their citizens are following the MODEL of Hazrat Umar bin Khattaab's state. The people, alergic of the word Islam will surely start rebelling Hazrat Umar's government if it is recontituted today just to oppose Islam and never looking at what is it giveng to human beings.

Last edited:
ISLAM is the perfect model if implemented in full spirit. By full spirit I mean ISLAM's essence which is all about JUSTICE & SOCIAL JUSTICE & WELFARE. There is no room for criminals & NROs. Crime is a crime whether 'white collar' or 'no-collar'. QURAN & HADITH lays down everthing. All are equal in the eyes of ISLAM

ISLAM is the perfect model if implemented in full spirit. By full spirit I mean ISLAM's essence which is all about JUSTICE & SOCIAL JUSTICE & WELFARE. There is no room for criminals & NROs. Crime is a crime whether 'white collar' or 'no-collar'. QURAN & HADITH lays down everthing. All are equal in the eyes of ISLAM
Yeah well we have seen the justice of Lal Masjid thugs.

Yeah well we have seen the justice of Lal Masjid thugs.

What has my statement to do with LAL MASJID? Have you gone apewire?:taz:
Problem is your allergy to just the word ISLAM..because your GOD is all about west....in reality just a 'poodle breed status'. The west cannot accept you nor you are acceptable to your own kind.

Good luck - implementing...

Islamists, any thoughts? You better get your "guest" moving:cheers:

Osama hiding in Pakistan: CIA

WASHINGTON: CIA Director Leon Panetta said on Thursday the US intelligence agency believes Al Qaeda leader Osama Bin Laden is hiding in Pakistan, and hoped joint operations with Pakistani forces will find him. Asked whether he was sure that Bin Laden was in Pakistan, Panetta told reporters, “The last information we had, that’s still the case.” Finding Bin Laden is “one of our major priorities”, said Panetta. “One of our hopes is that the Pakistanis move in militarily, combined with our operations, we may be able to have a better chance” to find the Al Qaeda leader, he said. Panetta said Al Qaeda “remains the most serious security threat”. There are “a number of people” on the ground in Pakistan providing intelligence on Al Qaeda targets to the US, he said. reuters

Islamists, any thoughts? You better get your "guest" moving:cheers:

Osama hiding in Pakistan: CIA

WASHINGTON: CIA Director Leon Panetta said on Thursday the US intelligence agency believes Al Qaeda leader Osama Bin Laden is hiding in Pakistan, and hoped joint operations with Pakistani forces will find him. Asked whether he was sure that Bin Laden was in Pakistan, Panetta told reporters, “The last information we had, that’s still the case.” Finding Bin Laden is “one of our major priorities”, said Panetta. “One of our hopes is that the Pakistanis move in militarily, combined with our operations, we may be able to have a better chance” to find the Al Qaeda leader, he said. Panetta said Al Qaeda “remains the most serious security threat”. There are “a number of people” on the ground in Pakistan providing intelligence on Al Qaeda targets to the US, he said. reuters

Hearing this for quiet long now & very bored now.
Guess OSAMA is having a barbecue with BUSH in his ranch in TEXAS;)

Back
Top Bottom