What's new

ISIS orders female genital mutilation in Iraq

Status
Not open for further replies.
ISIS tells Iraqi shops to veil mannequins
fb69c057-3612-43ad-bd0e-b7fbb683ec15_16x9_600x338.jpg

Mosul shop owners said they had been told to cover the faces of both male and female mannequins. (Photo courtesy: The Associated Press)

Mosul shop owners said they had been told to cover the faces of both male and female mannequins. (Photo courtesy: The Associated Press)
By Staff writer | Al Arabiya News
Tuesday, 22 July 2014
The Islamic State of Iraq and Syria has reportedly given shopkeepers in the Iraqi city of Mosul strict instructions to cover the faces of mannequins, months after seizing control of the country’s second largest city.

According to The Associated Press, Mosul shop owners said they had been told to cover the faces of both male and female mannequins, apparently in line with strict interpretations of Shariah law that forbid statues or artwork depicting the human form.

(Courtesy of The Associated Press)

ISIS, which earlier this month declared an Islamic State spanning parts of Iraq and Syria under its so-called “caliph” Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi, seized control of Mosul on June 10 as part of its campaign against the Baghdad government of Prime Minister Nouri al-Maliki.

The militant group has imposed other restrictions in the city, the home to some of the most ancient Christian communities in the region, most recently ordering Christians to convert to Islam, pay a tax or face death. Many from the ancient community havefled as a result.

(With The Associated Press)

http://english.alarabiya.net/en/var...-mannequins-ISIS-tells-Iraqi-shopkeepers.html

they're killing themselves to pose a threat to iranian interests ?

no , the issue is bigger than this my friend .

its a much bigger play going on , and they want u to believe its just a sect war .

no

thats not it
Well I don't know that an unstable Iraq would be something good for Iran. The routes of ME geo politics may not involve sectarianism (Since it also involves US and Israel), but at least in Arab-Iran conflict, this fact has strong roots. But I can bet a hundred bucks that Iran will not wait for anything official from Iraq to intervene. Groups of Hezb will start to see action if ISIS makes significant territorial gains.

so umm without sounding crude. what is the point of this fatwa ? do these isis fellows swing the wrong way ? :(

disgusting:angry:

Iranian propaganda again, though nothing is out of bounds for ISIS.

:D

you're talking to ISIS :lol:

outta your mind mate ? :|

they behead ppl , and you're advising them to respect women ? lol

the only solution is killing the shyte out of them

be sure heck lot of ppl condemn this act of violence and terror , but none are going to like your comment .

ppl should really like a comment to press the button

Kya karu bhai the world has lost the meaning of life forget about humanity.

can any one en light me in jannat va*** is fgm or non.

Isis orders all women and girls in Mosul to undergo FGM, says UN
UN says 'fatwa' issued by militant group in and around Iraqi city could affect 4 million
Iraqi-refugees-011.jpg

Iraqi families displaced by the Isis offensive in Mosul and northern Iraq at a refugee camp near Irbil. Photograph: Kamal Akrayi/EPA
The militant group Islamic State (Isis) has ordered all girls and women in and around Iraq's northern city of Mosul to undergo female genital mutilation, the United Nations says.

The "fatwa" issued by the Sunni Muslim fighters would potentially affect 4 million women and girls, the UN resident and humanitarian coordinator in Iraq, Jacqueline Badcock, told reporters in Geneva by videolink from Irbil.

"This is something very new for Iraq, particularly in this area, and is of grave concern and does need to be addressed," she said.

"This is not the will of Iraqi people, or the women of Iraq in these vulnerable areas covered by the terrorists," she added.

No one was immediately available for comment from Isis, which has led an offensive through northern and western Iraq.

Isis orders all women and girls in Mosul to undergo FGM, says UN | World news | theguardian.com

Isis 'ordering female genital mutilation' in Iraq - UN

BBC News - Isis 'ordering female genital mutilation' in Iraq - UN

watch your mouth and dont cross the lines .

do u know how many threads are created for isis ? do u know how many rallies had been held in iran alone ?

also , iraqi ppl are not oppressed and can fight back .

iran is also waiting for official ask for help , then their heads will blow like crazy
First off...keep your warnings with yourself. It aint worth $hit.
Next I was not speaking about the iraqis. If there are rallies held in iran against ISIS, why do you think i've got an issue with that? It's a welcome gesture. I was talking about the morons who were taking out rallies burning everything down when Israel bombs gaza. Why is there not a worldwide condemnation against ISIS? Why there is no resolution against ISIS in UNHRC?

Check the thread where a goa minister wants to make a hindu nation too..........................any hypocrisy of indians there.
Hypocrisy is everywhere dude.

But yeah levels are different
Yeah compare the actions of ISIS with opinion of "some" mp among 543 seats in India. :confused:

ISIS tells Iraqi shops to veil mannequins
fb69c057-3612-43ad-bd0e-b7fbb683ec15_16x9_600x338.jpg

By Staff writer | Al Arabiya News
Tuesday, 22 July 2014
The Islamic State of Iraq and Syria has reportedly given shopkeepers in the Iraqi city of Mosul strict instructions to cover the faces of mannequins, months after seizing control of the country’s second largest city.

According to The Associated Press, Mosul shop owners said they had been told to cover the faces of both male and female mannequins, apparently in line with strict interpretations of Shariah law that forbid statues or artwork depicting the human form.

(Courtesy of The Associated Press)

ISIS, which earlier this month declared an Islamic State spanning parts of Iraq and Syria under its so-called “caliph” Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi, seized control of Mosul on June 10 as part of its campaign against the Baghdad government of Prime Minister Nouri al-Maliki.

The militant group has imposed other restrictions in the city, the home to some of the most ancient Christian communities in the region, most recently ordering Christians to convert to Islam, pay a tax or face death. Many from the ancient community havefled as a result.

(With The Associated Press)

http://english.alarabiya.net/en/var...-mannequins-ISIS-tells-Iraqi-shopkeepers.html
:rofl:

Last edited:
I wouldnt mind if people used chemical weapons on these animals.

First off...keep your warnings with yourself. It aint worth $hit.
Next I was not speaking about the iraqis. If there are rallies held in iran against ISIS, why do you think i've got an issue with that? It's a welcome gesture. I was talking about the morons who were taking out rallies burning everything down when Israel bombs gaza. Why is there not a worldwide condemnation against ISIS? Why there is no resolution against ISIS in UNHRC?
the ISIS has been condemned worldwide and for numerous times in UNHRC

UN condemns ISIL executions in Iraq - Middle East - Al Jazeera English

the issue is that ISIS has no govt. and is a terrorist org.

not a member of UN . ISIS is not oppressing anyone (of course they cannot do so , or else they would)

got it ?

Iranian propaganda again, though nothing is out of bounds for ISIS.
idiot , stop sucking up to wahabiz

the news channel reporting it was al-shitiya :lol:

look at the OP

http://english.alarabiya.net/en/New...-order-female-genital-mutilation-in-Iraq.html

you're so dumb :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom