What's new

ISI's covert war wing: Directorate S

Have been reading reviews about two time Pulitzer winning Steve Coll's recent book: "Directorate S: The C.I.A. and America's Secret Wars in Afghanistan and Pakistan"
He wrote the book after conducting 550 interviews over 10 years period.
In the book he says Directorate S is a covert war wing of ISI that is staffed by SSG veterens.

So do any of you guys have any inside information on Directorate S?
Even if we did know we wouldn't tell you anything.:disagree::no::dirol:

so if few Haqqani leaders are accelerating the Afghan war/Struggle from Pakistan than it means America with its all military might and CIA is bunch of impotent's ..make up your mind , either Pakistan is so Awesome that it tricked America or either you all are making this sh!t up ..

The truth is, that few people know. The people who really know something, are not on this forum.

Legend has it, Directorate S is more than just being an Afghan Cell.......Directorate S is what we all call or hear about "Establishment" ...... it is not just staffed by Special Ops but you have Civilian Officers, Bureaucrats, Civil Servants (CSP Officers) ......... anyone basically who want to work for betterment of Pakistan......

but hey that is what the Legend says......

I got my hands on this book and will start reading it.....I had been reading "The Contractor" - although it is just bs but I have to read it because I extract the info that is I need & move on.....just few more pages to go and then am done......I will start reading Directorate S book then......

Also one thing Mr.Steve got wrong in interview is that CIA had boots on ground in Pakistan not just in 90s, but post 2002 when OBL ran to Pakistan, they sent in SAD troopers to work along with Pakistani counter parts ----and not SSG but ISI's Intelligence Officers.....and they were working out of huts in Tribal areas........

Last edited:
Legend has it, Directorate S is more than just being an Afghan Cell.......Directorate S is what we all call or year about "Establishment" ...... it is not just staffed by Special Ops but you have Civilian Officers, Bureaucrats, Civil Servants (CSP Officers) .........

giphy.gif

Have been reading reviews about two time Pulitzer winning Steve Coll's recent book: "Directorate S: The C.I.A. and America's Secret Wars in Afghanistan and Pakistan"
He wrote the book after conducting 550 interviews over 10 years period.
In the book he says Directorate S is a covert war wing of ISI that is staffed by SSG veterens.

I Have Lots Of Info But Can't Make Everything In Public

There's a movie on it as well starring Bradd Pitt.
Its a interview of McChrystal which got him fired from his position and the guy who interviewed him died in mysterious circumstances.

YouTube it!

No the guy who interviewed him. Michael Hastings was his name.

Directorate S? Sounds like something a James Bond film screenwriter would come up with (like Steve Coll) not something at all like what actual Pakistan Military Types would name something; our actual organisations have nin descript acronyms or designations.

Like Combat Development Directorate (CDD)
Army Strategic Forces Command: (ASFC)

ASFC could also be Abdul Shakur Fried Chicken hehe LMAO.
:partay::partay:
Directorate S? Sounds like something a James Bond film screenwriter would come up with (like Steve Coll) not something at all like what actual Pakistan Military Types would name something; our actual organisations have nin descript acronyms or designations.

Like Combat Development Directorate (CDD)
Army Strategic Forces Command: (ASFC)

Back
Top Bottom