What's new

ISI chief on farewell visits

Whatever he has added to capability is appreciated, adding / splitting is just cosmetics / mess.

I agree --- cosmetics that caused ample confusion :)

Actual split required is much higher. For specialized agencies.

Officials who worked as colleagues, course mates, juniors and friends of Lt Gen Nadeem Ahmad Anjum, new DG ISI, recognise him as man of highest integrity. Magnificent time manager. Very disciplined.

1637363373194.png

https://twitter.com/AajKamranKhan/status/1445768741996871680/photo/1

So following Pasha, Raheel and co. Is he going to fly to Australia, US, Saudi or UAE after retiring later?

I hope Gen sahb remains a PATRIOT and stays in Pakistan.

There's no bigger patriot than Pasha and Rahil, same goes for General Faiz.
Thus far no one is in Australia or US, i can't say with certainty about future and Ifti fitna.

Saudi and UAE is second Pakistan... while PoTI has already asked explanations from Rahil Sharif, where he has replied multiple times that he's not working against Iran. If that's not enough to put down your agony than try rubbing it, you may hit jack pot.

Last edited:
Officials who worked as colleagues, course mates, juniors and friends of Lt Gen Nadeem Ahmad Anjum, new DG ISI, recognise him as man of highest integrity. Magnificent time manager. Very disciplined.

View attachment 794825

every one who reach to the level of 4 star is gem. in character and integrity, WoT has taken away most of them, but still i wonder at the donkeys who call Musharraf a dictator and traitor, he was best of the best!

Last edited:

View attachment 794825

Somebody I know well (and who is active on this forum as well) said his defensive (Bajwa-like) approach in Balochistan caused a lot of trouble. I hope he turns out to have a new, better vision for the organization he is about to lead.

His tenure as ISI Chief should have been extended cause this is what IK wanted. But this COAS decided to over step his authority and ordered ISI Chief to Peshawar Corps. This COAS should know that ISI Chief selection and appointment is the authority of the sitting PM as per the constitution. But this COAS has time and time again showed through his actions that he is above the law. He has continually interfered in the politics of this country by directly meeting politicians, and meeting US Diplomatic Officials directly bypassing the Government. Why the Corps commanders don't take his to task for his actions is itself very shameful, and just shows the disdain the Military has for Civilian Government.

DG ISI Lieutenant General Nadeem Anjum, was commissioned in the Light Anti Tank Battalion of Punjab Regiment. The General Officer has a diversified experience of command, staff and instructional assignments.

1637418300762.png

He commanded an infantry brigade in South Waziristan, an infantry brigade in Kurram & Hangu during Op Zarbe Azb & he was IGFC Balochistan during Op Raddul Fasad. Instructor at PMA, Staff College & NDU. Commandant of Staff College, Quetta. Chief of staff of 5 Corps.

1637418349349.png

The General is also a keen runner & enjoys playing basketball & cricket.

1637418414179.png

I don't understand why the outgoing ISI chief is going around and paying these farewell visits?

Is he the Army Chief, now retiring?
Do Cor-Commanders go round and do farewell visits.

He is simply being given a new post. He should go to Peshawar and take charge. Why all this limelight?

His tenure as ISI Chief should have been extended cause this is what IK wanted. But this COAS decided to over step his authority and ordered ISI Chief to Peshawar Corps. This COAS should know that ISI Chief selection and appointment is the authority of the sitting PM as per the constitution. But this COAS has time and time again showed through his actions that he is above the law. He has continually interfered in the politics of this country by directly meeting politicians, and meeting US Diplomatic Officials directly bypassing the Government. Why the Corps commanders don't take his to task for his actions is itself very shameful, and just shows the disdain the Military has for Civilian Government.

First of all, as everyone on this forum knows, I am not a fan of the COAS. I believe his strategy has failed and I also intrinsically do not like anyone who seeks an extension (personal power vs. what's good for the institution and country).

But your analysis has several flaws:
1.) The ISI has no constitutional role, jurisdiction, act, ordinance, etc. It is literally operating, even existing, outside any clear laws.

2.) As an extension of the above, there are no written laws in the Constitution or anywhere else (many legal experts have checked all possible places where such rules could be found over the past month) that define who and how a new DG is appointed, nor the qualifications or affiliation of the DG (for example, can he/she be a civilian or not).

3.) Finally, many things are based on 'convention' and not laws --- this is a horrible and dangerous approach in my opinion, but the DG selection process seems to fall into this category. the convention has typically been that GHQ sends a list of names (or a single name, when they're feeling more frisky) and the PM approves it / selects one.

4.) The Army position is that while the selection of the new DG is the prerogative of the PM, the transfer within the army of any serving DG to his next post is the prerogative of the relevant military authority, like the MS Branch or whatever.

5.) The entire reason this mess exists is because the ISI has no clear legal standing. Israel, the UK, the US, India, etc., all have civilian-led internal and external intelligence agencies and military-led MIs. We have a really weird system of useless, dangerous overlap. It needs URGENT REFORM.

6.) Another important question is why the Army Chief specifically has such a great role over the ISI. It is NOT the Army Chief's personal spy agency, nor is it an Army organ. If the military has 'taken over' it (which it has), it should at least report to the CJSC --- this would be a good move to empower the CJSC position, which is thus far some kind of useless ceremonial role (again --- too much monopolization of power by the COAS position).

My 2c.

So following Pasha, Raheel and co. Is he going to fly to Australia, US, Saudi or UAE after retiring later?

I hope Gen sahb remains a PATRIOT and stays in Pakistan.
wt an idiotic statement to make.
Pasha is living in Pindi, Raheel sharif will settle in lhr once his stint as Islamic colation chief ends.

i can't recall any army chief other than musharaf moved out of Pakistan post-retirement ( if given a chance he too would move back to isd on the drop of a hat).
N no one is living in aus as gen kiyani is also living in pindi

If any of the allegations against the ex DG ISI are remotely true, whether those allegations are coming from politicians, journalists, or from matters tied up with court-related ongoing developments, he'd also be well advised to start buying a few properties abroad and being prepared to make haste. It also looks like it's nearly open season on him, plenty of flak thrown his way too at the Lahore conference yesterday.

If any of the allegations against the ex DG ISI are remotely true, whether those allegations are coming from politicians, journalists, or from matters tied up with court-related ongoing developments, he'd also be well advised to start buying a few properties abroad and being prepared to make haste. It also looks like it's nearly open season on him, plenty of flak thrown his way too at the Lahore conference yesterday.
everything is about Nov 2022 , when 4 to 5 names will be sent to PM for next COAS selection and he is on 4th number on seniority they are attacking him to make it difficult for him and PM IK ( if he is PM in Nov 2022 ) to become COAS . Everybody knows whats this position in Pakistan hold . Rest is all politics and mud slugging .

Back
Top Bottom