What's new

Ishaq Dar declared ‘finance minister of the year’

This fella might have done some good work but Finance minister of the year ? :blink:

I think you should read the news first before posting it.:lol:

If As meager as Aftab Sherpao and some MNAs were mentioned alongside zardari would someone just put NS in as "anonymous" in some unknown corner of the list?
These all things existed in Mushi's era didn't they. Despit Mushi being so vengeful that he was planning to hang sharifs, he couldn't give Sharif brothers an NRO but also couldn't prove anything despite having Dar's confessional statement and all of state's machinary at his disposal. He could have easily got Sharifs disqualified for life but actually had to force an exile. Which Imran Khan himself, inadvertently, admitted later on
View attachment 343947
https://www.hrw.org/news/2007/09/10/pakistan-musharraf-illegally-forces-sharif-back-exile
All these allegations are not new. I say again NOT new that someone like Musharraf couldn't dig having ISI and all the army and inetellentsia on his disposal. Was this all infrastructure so useless that they couldn't even find the trails of corruption with everything on their side? If Mushi Colluded with Sharif's and somehow "forgave" them, On what grounds Imran and Qadri become his polling agents and ran a campaign for his presidency? And on what Ground Imran is making all his propaganda campaign against Nawaz Sharif?
If there would have been real corruption he wouldn't have to force sharifs into exile just jailed them.
I mean even despite DAR's testimony , he couldn't even pull a carrot against the sharifs. So why not Imran take all the "evidence" to the court rather than showing them to the crowd on the screen? Shairf family has been one of the industrial families in the country. If Imran Khan without having any job can become a billionaire, why that idiot assumes that others having businesses would only become by snatching money?

So you are unable to answer any of my questions but still carry on that NS and his family are clean and pure. So you think that even the report of BBC is false?

So you are unable to answer any of my questions but still carry on that NS and his family are clean and pure. So you think that even the report of BBC is false?
The answer is in the history. If BBC's report is indeed true about him being in NRO then list with his name would exist for sure. And why on earth PPP administration would leave his name to some unknown corner and place their own leader's name on the top? Does it make any bit of logical sense. BBC reported on AH's money laundering as well, which subsequently dropped. Is BBC's every news a word of God? I ask you if there exist his name on NRO list you should be able to find it it's public.

ISLAMABAD: A private publication,Emerging Markets has declared Ishaq Dar as ‘Finance Minister of the year 2016 for South Asia’, said the finance ministry, on Saturday, while presenting it as a big achievement for the country.

Emerging Markets, the newspaper of the IMF/World Bank Annual Meeting, has declared Senator Mohammad Ishaq Dar as ‘Finance Minister of the year 2016 for South Asia’,” reads an official handout. However, people who have worked in the IMF and the WB said the publication does not belong to the IMF or the WB.

“The award is recognition of Pakistan’s economic performance at the IMF/World Bank Annual Meeting which is one of the major gatherings of international financial and economic leaders and experts,” said the ministry.

Economy now more stable than in 2013: PM

It is a United Kingdom based publication and is a subsidiary of Euromoney Trading Limited/Euromoney Institutional Investor PLC. The Euromoney Institutional Investor defines itself as “an international business-to-business information company focusing on the global financial community”.

The Euromoney – a similar private publication, also declared Governor State Bank of Pakistan, Ashraf Wathra, as ‘Central Bank Governor of the Year 2016’.

“It is just an ordinary routine affair for Emerging Markets to nominate a personality as a top banker, or a finance minister during the annual and spring meetings,” said Dr Ashfaque Hasan Khan, who in the past has dealt with these publications. “Former banker Syed Ali Raza and former finance minister Shaukat Aziz also won such awards in the past,” said Dr Ashfaque.

The Pakistanis who have worked in Washington with the IMF and the WB also said the newspaper brings out special editions at the time of spring and annual meetings of the IMF and the WB and publishes interviews of finance ministers and heads of central banks.

Finance Minister Ishaq Dar has nominated Pakistan’s Ambassador to United States, Jalil Abbas Jilani to receive the award on this behalf. The finance minister had to cancel his visit to Washington for the annual meeting due to situation on the Line of Control, the All-Parties Conference and Joint Session of the Parliament on Kashmir situation.

$1b Sukuk proves global confidence in Pakistan: Dar

“While we recognise it has been difficult times in the international financial markets, your stewardship of your nation’s finances has been admirable since taking over,” wrote Toby Fildes, the Managing Editor of Emerging Markets. The Finance Ministry released the letter along with the handout.

“Pakistan has, under your guidance, become an increasingly important regional economy thanks to the focus put on growing FDI (foreign direct investment), the impressive reputation of economic competence, the desire to have a greater presence in the global capital markets, the new securities legislation, the clever merger of the stock exchanges and its increasingly important relationship with China,” Fildes noted in his letter.

Published in The Express Tribune, October 9th, 2016.

@Imran Khan

IMF laughing hard on him.....

The answer is in the history. If BBC's report is indeed true about him being in NRO then list with his name would exist for sure. And why on earth PPP administration would leave his name to some unknown corner and place their own leader's name on the top? Does it make any bit of logical sense. BBC reported on AH's money laundering as well, which subsequently dropped. Is BBC's every news a word of God? I ask you if there exist his name on NRO list you should be able to find it it's public.

You yourself said that my historical knowledge is naive, so i asked you the following questions which you havn't replied

1. What happened to " Karaz attaro Mulk Sawaro " Scheme ?
2. Why did NS and his gang attack the Supreme Court?
3. Why did NS order to stop the Army Chief of Pakistan's plane from landing in Pakistan? (Musharraf's plane,which caused the army to take over)
4. Where did NS and his kids get enough money from, to build an empire overseas?

Source: https://defence.pk/threads/ishaq-da...ster-of-the-year’.454645/page-5#ixzz4NJXRR7b1

You yourself said that my historical knowledge is naive, so i asked you the following questions which you havn't replied

Source: https://defence.pk/threads/ishaq-dar-declared-‘finance-minister-of-the-year’.454645/page-5#ixzz4NJXRR7b1
1. What happened to " Karaz attaro Mulk Sawaro " Scheme ?
National Debt Retirement Program (NDRP) In February 1997, the then Prime Minister launched the NDRP, appealing to non-resident Pakistanis to help repay external debt. The salient features of this scheme are as under: · Donation can be made in three currencies, US Dollars, Pound Sterling, and Deutsche Marks, in deposits of two to five year maturity.
· The donations can be in three forms:
-Qarz-e-Hasna, which carries no servicing liability, but principal repayment at maturity is payable in hard currency or Rupees; a minimum period of 2 years for the deposit was allowed.
- Outright donation, meaning no liability or servicing on the amount deposited.
-The amount outstanding as of end-FY00 is US$ 156.1 million (under the last two forms of deposits).
The money was still outstanding with State Bank of Pakistan where all the funds received were kept until 2000 (First part of Musharraf's era)
http://www.sbp.org.pk/reports/annual/arFY00/external_sector.pdf
http://www.sbp.org.pk/reports/annual/arFY01/chap8.pdf
As far as the usage of NDRP funds is concerned, the equivalent Rupees generated under NDRP I & II are credited to the government account with SBP. The foreign exchange component, against which these Rupees are generated, form part of the central bank’s foreign exchange reserves. The federal government has used these Rupees to retire domestic debt of about Rs 1.7 billion, which carried a 17.3 percent rate of interest per annum. Inflows from NDRP III form part of SBP’s foreign reserves, while the generated Rupees are credited to the mobilizing institution. For collections in Rupees, the amount collected by commercial banks is surrendered to the relevant SBP local office, which credits the government account on receipt.
Mind you these are SBP's annual reports from 2000 and 2001 while being under Mushi's era. Which specifically stated that
1-The amount was still with SBP
2-The amount was maintained by SBP
3-The amount was used to retire expensive domestic debt.
4-The Foreign exchange was collected under the scheme was accounted in the Official Foreign exchange reserves.
I have given you both the chapters. If you want to cross check or read them again and agian, please do so and tell me if you find any "corruption" in the mechanism
2. Why did NS and his gang attack the Supreme Court?
It is a dark history, indeed. But would you justify that for a similar feat by Imran and Qadri?
3. Why did NS order to stop the Army Chief of Pakistan's plane from landing in Pakistan? (Musharraf's plane,which caused the army to take over)
I am as much aware of the circumstances as you are. But I did share the interview of General Ziauddin who specifically said that NS had prior indications of a coming coup even well before Mushi's visit to Srilanka and Tapes of Mushi abusing him in private gatherings.

4. Where did NS and his kids get enough money from, to build an empire overseas?
His family is an industrial family from AB initio, was he ever so broke?

Now let me ask you a single question
If Imran Khan said that he formed the money to avoid taxes in UK (Which itself is a tax theft but I give him relaxation here) why did he declare that company and flat in Pakistan's tax amnesty scheme?

Last edited:
ISLAMABAD: A private publication,Emerging Markets has declared Ishaq Dar as ‘Finance Minister of the year 2016 for South Asia’, said the finance ministry, on Saturday, while presenting it as a big achievement for the country.

Emerging Markets, the newspaper of the IMF/World Bank Annual Meeting, has declared Senator Mohammad Ishaq Dar as ‘Finance Minister of the year 2016 for South Asia’,” reads an official handout. However, people who have worked in the IMF and the WB said the publication does not belong to the IMF or the WB.

“The award is recognition of Pakistan’s economic performance at the IMF/World Bank Annual Meeting which is one of the major gatherings of international financial and economic leaders and experts,” said the ministry.

Economy now more stable than in 2013: PM

It is a United Kingdom based publication and is a subsidiary of Euromoney Trading Limited/Euromoney Institutional Investor PLC. The Euromoney Institutional Investor defines itself as “an international business-to-business information company focusing on the global financial community”.

The Euromoney – a similar private publication, also declared Governor State Bank of Pakistan, Ashraf Wathra, as ‘Central Bank Governor of the Year 2016’.

“It is just an ordinary routine affair for Emerging Markets to nominate a personality as a top banker, or a finance minister during the annual and spring meetings,” said Dr Ashfaque Hasan Khan, who in the past has dealt with these publications. “Former banker Syed Ali Raza and former finance minister Shaukat Aziz also won such awards in the past,” said Dr Ashfaque.

The Pakistanis who have worked in Washington with the IMF and the WB also said the newspaper brings out special editions at the time of spring and annual meetings of the IMF and the WB and publishes interviews of finance ministers and heads of central banks.

Finance Minister Ishaq Dar has nominated Pakistan’s Ambassador to United States, Jalil Abbas Jilani to receive the award on this behalf. The finance minister had to cancel his visit to Washington for the annual meeting due to situation on the Line of Control, the All-Parties Conference and Joint Session of the Parliament on Kashmir situation.

$1b Sukuk proves global confidence in Pakistan: Dar

“While we recognise it has been difficult times in the international financial markets, your stewardship of your nation’s finances has been admirable since taking over,” wrote Toby Fildes, the Managing Editor of Emerging Markets. The Finance Ministry released the letter along with the handout.

“Pakistan has, under your guidance, become an increasingly important regional economy thanks to the focus put on growing FDI (foreign direct investment), the impressive reputation of economic competence, the desire to have a greater presence in the global capital markets, the new securities legislation, the clever merger of the stock exchanges and its increasingly important relationship with China,” Fildes noted in his letter.

Published in The Express Tribune, October 9th, 2016.

@Imran Khan

First check the credibility of the "Emerging Markets"

name any qualified person who is better Finance minister than Ishaq Dar in Pakistan

Back
Top Bottom