India
I was going through this People's Daily piece:

PLA conducts night drill (2) - People's Daily Online

FOREIGN201504171351000586245652882.jpg

FOREIGN201504171351000587723287628.jpg

FOREIGN201504171351000581076773117.jpg

FOREIGN201504171351000582874503355.jpg

So what are these things?

i think laser pointer for shooting, laser designator for target homing ..and some slow motion photos or longer open time aperture shots..

though fig 3 seems weird...

The first two pictures look like it could be tracer ammunition photographed in long exposure.

The third picture not sure but that could be incendiary ammunition also photographed in long exposure.

The final picture is just powerful green laser beams.

The third picture not sure but that could be incendiary ammunition also photographed in long exposure.

true if object is moving from left to right... I thought its coming from right to left and hitting a bunker....

Anti-tank missile?

Laser Range finders?

Anti-tank missile?

Yeah could be, maybe some anti-tank or anti-armour munition that is incendiary, because in that photo something definitely looks like it is burning.

Laser Range finders

I don't think so, laser range finders don't actually emit laser beams. They project a laser beam within the optic itself and calculate distances, so only the viewer (looking through the range finder) can see the laser projection.

Although it looks like they are pointing those lasers in the sky so perhaps it is designed for aerial threats.

Last edited:
Yeah could be, maybe some anti-tank or anti-armour munition that is incendiary, because in that photo something definitely looks like it is burning.
Looks like solid fuel rocket propellant of a launched missile. Seen it in some night time anti-tank missile vids somewhere on these forums.
I don't think so, laser range finders don't actually emit laser beams. They project a laser beam within the optic itself and calculate distances, so only the viewer (looking through the range finder) can see the laser projection.

Although it looks like they are pointing those lasers in the sky so perhaps it is designed for aerial threats.
Three arty pieces (middle one spins around), long exposure shot....maybe they are triangulating on a target position?

The first 2 looks like a HMG firing at night. Every few rounds is a tracer that lights up like a streaking shot of disco awesome.

They aren't lazer weapon, you cannot see laser weapon firing they are of different spectrum with visual light

the first photo looks like a man firing a ManPad or ATGM

the second photo looks like secondary explosion.

The third is an AFC/IFV firing ATGM

fourth pic is a laser targeting designator

The first two pictures look like it could be tracer ammunition photographed in long exposure.

The final picture is just powerful green laser beams.
First pair are MG's firing tracer at night. Third is a missile firing from an IFV, a WZ-551 by the looks of it. Considering the flatness of the trajectory, possibly an ATGW. Last one could be P793 - Advanced twin barreled 37mm version, with electro-optical predicting sight and higher rate of fire and lengthened barrels giving a higher muzzle velocity (1,000 m/s). Operated by a crew of 5 or 6

84dd8532dd95540f.jpg

Back
Top Bottom