What's new

Is there anything "Genuine / Original" about Bollywood?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok, tell me, is it just me or is there anyone else out there also who finds 9 out of 10 movies (of bollywood) to be rip-offs of Hollywood movies, either from story-line point of view or several scenes point of view? Some movies seem to be complete copy, from A to Z with even the dialogues ripped-off and merely translated into Hindi.

Seriously, is it just me?

Some movies are indeed copies or remakes. 9 out of 10 is your claim and you will have to prove it. I don't believe you'll be able to. Even by your admission then at least one is original. I can understand your obsession (jealousy ?) with Bollywood to start a thread on it on a defence forum, since you come from a country where Bollywood is the most popular in the world.

https://www.google.co.in/trends/explore?q=bollywood

Ok, tell me, is it just me or is there anyone else out there also who finds 9 out of 10 movies (of bollywood) to be rip-offs of Hollywood movies, either from story-line point of view or several scenes point of view? Some movies seem to be complete copy, from A to Z with even the dialogues ripped-off and merely translated into Hindi.

There is nothing genuine in Bollywood even many actress not ethnic Indians in past and present too and now they are importing actresses from abroad. A common Indian don't look like a Bollywood actor they are generally short and dark but they are promoting India as Caucasian race which actually largely Dravidian.

Absolutely agreed. Amir Khan's productions (atleast some of them) were indeed good genuine productions. I'd add his movie "PK" also on the list of genuine movies.

There are few good movies like 3 idiots, Tare zameen par otherwise its like watching a rerun of same run down soap opera or a rip offs Hollywood movie.

you dont like rip offs ???

stop watching them . .no one is shoving them down your throat.

Bollywood makes around 1000 movies every year.... ofcourse some of them would be remakes/copies. Those who have problems, should stop watching Bollywood movies.

Bollywood makes around 1000 movies every year.... ofcourse some of them would be remakes/copies. Those who have problems, should stop watching Bollywood movies.

How can they stop watching it when they are so obsessed so as to start a thread on it on defence forum ? The obsession is too deep and decades old.

Check out Google Trends. Also go and check the comments sections on Youtube of Bollywood movie trailers and songs. More Pakistanis than Indians are commenting.:P;)

Some movies are indeed copies or remakes.

I can understand your obsession (jealousy ?) with Bollywood to start a thread on it on a defence forum

Thanks for accepting.

I'm not jealous, just curious.
If "indians" feel comfortable discussing Prianka Choopra's legs on defence forum, what's wrong with this topic? You sure seem confused.

Thanks for accepting.

If "indians" feel comfortable discussing Prianka Choopra's legs on defence forum, what's wrong with this topic? You sure seem confused.
Just just curious,how many of the original moved you mentioned as copies in your previous post have you watched,and how many of the copied bollywood moves have you watched.

Thanks for accepting.

I indeed accepted that some movies are copies or remakes. What you said in your OP or thread title is false. You are the one who is confused.

As for PC legs well we are Indians, we can discuss about her or Bollywood if the forum permits. Many of us are obsessed with Bollywood, I admit. But for a Pakistani who claims to dislike Bollywood, to start a thread shows your obsession with Bollywood which goes even far beyond India's going by Google Trends.

How do you even know it is a copy?? Most people don't watch english movies at all. If the material is presented well within Indian context then I don't mind watching it in a theater. Also who has time to watch that many bollywood movies?

Bollywood churns out about 5 movies a week. Between bollywood, hollywood and local language movie we have plenty of options to choose from.

How do you even know it is a copy?? Most people don't watch english movies at all. If the material is presented well within Indian context then I don't mind watching it in a theater. Also who has time to watch that many bollywood movies?

Bollywood churns out about 5 movies a week. Between bollywood, hollywood and local language movie we have plenty of options to choose from.
Well, I, for one, watch mostly hollywood productions and some British too. Maybe one out of twenty movies I watch is an indian and that too mostly partially, because one of my siblings is watching it and whenever I've sat with them to watch a bollywood movie, most of the times I am pointing them out which movie has it been copied from and what will be happening next and how the movie is going to end. My first post was made with this background.

I often ask my siblings that why they watch a "copy" when they have the option of watching "the original stuff".

For example, we watched "Conjuring 2" last week and I made one of my sibling sit and watch with me and in the end I asked her if she thought any indian horror movie she has watched to-date comes anywhere close to it. "Hell no" was her response.

To all the bhindians: Buzz off. This topic is not mean't to seek your feedback. I want to hear / read what PAKISTANIS think. You are immigrants on this forum. Behave like one.

today's bollywood is a fully baniya industry purely meant for commercial gain, But there are huge number of bollywood fans in almost every country in the the world that gives India softpower.

The only genuine Industry is lollywood .

Check this famous scene for the moment

This is perfect portrayal of their convulsed brains

Or this ,

"International Gorrillay " hahahaha where flying Qurans kill Rushdie make do with lightening and fire :D

Check its script out as well on internet .

Ofcourse, it doesn't make any difference to Indians as it's making billions, just like prostitution does, just like child slavery does, but that's not the point here.

I wanted feedback from NON-INDIAN MEMBERS who watch bollywood productions and whether they also feel the same way as I do.
SO bollywood is a prostitute but you still watch it?

response.

To all the bhindians: Buzz off. This topic is not mean't to seek your feedback. I want to hear / read what PAKISTANIS think. You are immigrants on this forum. Behave like one.

You are really bad at offending people . Go play with your toys before someone trolls the like outta you .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom