What's new

Is there any selfless act?

Raja.Pakistani

Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
I feel all our actions are generally for the benefit of our selves. We may do things for others so that they do not become upset. We may do things for others so that they like us more. Or we may ever do things for others to express our love for them and make them feel appreciated. However, even when we do something out the goodness of our own hearts, it still comes from our selves and for our selves. Even if we take example of giving charity. It seem a self less act but peoples give charity for many reasons..some give charity to get reward from their creator/God. Some get nice feelings after helping someone. Some do it for appreciation etc

Again let say i am playing football and my close friend ask me to help him in his home work. I stop playing football and help him in his work. It seem selfless act but actually it is not as i helped him for my own sake because i could not afford the consequences of angry friend. I helped him because playing football was less useful for me than facing the consequences of angry friend

Is there any truly selfless act there? Can humans act without considering benefit to themselves?

Share your philosophical thoughts

There are all kinds of people in this world.

There are selfish people and then there are selfless people.

You should have the ability to differentiate one from another.

If you cannot do that, you are no different from an animal...or may be a child.

I feel all our actions are generally for the benefit of our selves. We may do things for others so that they do not become upset. We may do things for others so that they like us more. Or we may ever do things for others to express our love for them and make them feel appreciated. However, even when we do something out the goodness of our own hearts, it still comes from our selves and for our selves. Even if we take example of giving charity. It seem a self less act but peoples give charity for many reasons..some give charity to get reward from their creator/God. Some get nice feelings after helping someone. Some do it for appreciation etc

Again let say i am playing football and my close friend ask me to help him in his home work. I stop playing football and help him in his work. It seem selfless act but actually it is not as i helped him for my own sake because i could not afford the consequences of angry friend. I helped him because playing football was less useful for me than facing the consequences of angry friend

Is there any truly selfless act there? Can humans act without considering benefit to themselves?

Share your philosophical thoughts

Vanity is my favourite sin" al pacino as devil

Captian jack lol I dont think you understood my question. I was not asking about peoples but actions. Do you think peoples can do selfless acts? If yes then what actions are selfless actions..give some examples :)

No act is selfless.

Even if someone does an act not for some materialistic or earthly benefit he certainly looks for heavenly gains.
For e.g I do some selfless act to have a good night sleeps.

Lol, newcomer. You have alot of questions creating new thread. Only few members answer your posts. Between nice thoughtful and nice picture avator (allow?)!

No act is selfless.

I don't think that is right. Many people do good just because it is what should be done.

---------- Post added at 08:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:00 PM ----------

Captian jack lol I dont think you understood my question. I was not asking about peoples but actions. Do you think peoples can do selfless acts? If yes then what actions are selfless actions..give some examples :)

The world is riddled with example. Look around you and you will find them.

There are many selfless actions :) if you had one in your life you might understand what i am saying

No act is selfless.

Even if someone does an act not for some materialistic or earthly benefit he certainly looks for heavenly gains.

Yes i agree as i feel its hard for humans to have an "altruistic act." almost all our actions are motivated by our own personal interest

There are many selfless actions :) if you had one in your life you might understand what i am saying

would you give examples of some truly selfless or altruistic acts as i don't find the reasons what will compel you to do something without any personal interests

I don't think that is right. Many people do good just because it is what should be done.

All our actions have reasons and these reasons decide whether actions are selfless. Peopels do good because they feel good after doing something good..doing good bring good result for you so you get benefits after doing something good lol

Dont overdose me with philosophical talks otherwise I will bore you all to death :devil:

Perhaps this forum is not right place to have such discussion.. Lets get back to fighting with each others in paksitan vs india topics haha

Yes of course. The mere fact that you're alive today is a testimony to that, since your mother could've let you die so many times during your initial days just by not timely paying attention.

There's a reason they're demi-gods in Islam.

Back
Top Bottom