What's new

Is There A Clash Of Civilizations?

Well, it's like this...

Even though Islam was present in the subcontinent before the military conquests, it is also true that those conquests helped establish an environment where the message of Islam could spread to the local masses. Could the message have spread without official patronage? It's hard to second-guess history since there was no concept of global media in those days.

Given the fact that Islam exists in parts of India which were not conquered, it proves that the conquests were only one factor in the spread of Islam in the subcontinent.

So, since we are happy to be Muslims, we accept whatever role those invasions played in shaping our history. Yes, there was brutality involved, but that's par for the course in ancient military conquests -- and not so ancient ones.

There are many places on earth where Islam, Christianity spread without any conquest. Even Buddhism spread across Asia without conquest.

But glorifying Ghaznavi, Ghori and Abdali has nothing to do with spread of Islam, its for keeping hatred against Hindus always alive in Pakistan. Even Iran was conquered by Arabs but they never glorify Arabs.

I remember a book by the name of clash of civilizations. It was one of the best books I read.

The point is not the etymology of the name but the country that the person belonged to as per modern boundaries.

ha!

What kind of history is that?

So you superimpose modern day $hite and fights and boundaries to something that happened centuries ago?

Is that what was being taught in the 3rd grade sarkari shcools of Patna?

Man. This is truly a sorry state if our discussions have come down to this.

Truly sorry to see grown men trying to use 3rd grade books for history study.

The symbology of the name becomes important as it points to how Pakistanis are not cognitive of their own history and the pride and glory .
Funny in some ways and tragic in many others, that Indians are trying to use their 3rd grade history books to teach Pakistanis "pride and glory".

What kind of $hite is this my dear poster.

Don't you know that majority of Hindus in north India were speaking the same Persian language that Afghanis were?

Where is your pride about Persian heritage?

Or you will claim that you all have been speaking and writing in English (or Hinglish) since 1200 AD? :lol:

So terrible to see this sorry state of education in India. So terrible. Erasing all their past in an effort to generate this false "pride and glory".

peace

Where is your pride about Persian heritage?
peace

If everyone was speaking Persian then why the Urdu language originated. :cheesy: Many prominent Hindu and Muslim poets of that time were writing poem in Brajbhasha.

But glorifying Ghaznavi, Ghori and Abdali has nothing to do with spread of Islam, its for keeping hatred against Hindus always alive in Pakistan.

For some people, I will agree it represents that.

However, for others, they simply represent Muslim military might in general, quite apart from any Hindu angle.

For some people, I will agree it represents that.

However, for others, they simply represent Muslim military might in general, quite apart from any Hindu angle.

May be but you have named your major missiles on their names targetting India, the symbolic meaning is enough to understand.

If everyone was speaking Persian then why the Urdu language originated. :cheesy: Many prominent Hindu and Muslim poets of that time were writing poem in Brajbhasha.

See this is why I say that many Indians today are growing up with ZERO knowledge of their own history.

ZERO, zilch, nada, SHUNNI.

And then the some of these ignorant-of-history Indians show up on Pakistani forum, ready to give lectures to Pakistanis being ignorant of history, ready to dole out $hite by the boat load.

You my dear dear "cousin from the other side of border", need to read up on the history of Urdu. When did it originate, then compare and contrast it with Persian language, the "official language" of India for 100s of years. Used by Hindus, Muslims, and everyone else.

Heck even the Punjabi warrior King Ranjeet Singh used Persian as official language during his long reign of peace and prosperity.

So my dear, read up first. become knowledgeable of your own history. Only then you may get a chance to lecture others.

Only then.

peace

See this is why I say that many Indians today are growing up with ZERO knowledge of their own history.

And then the some of these ignorant-of-history Indians show up on Pakistani forum, ready to give lectures to Pakistanis being ignorant of history, ready to dole out $hite by the boat load.

You my dear dear "cousin from the other side of border", need to read up on the history of Urdu. When did it originate, then compare and contrast it with Persian language, the "official language" of India for 100s of years. Used by Hindus, Muslims, and everyone else.

Heck even the Punjabi warrior King Ranjeet Singh used Persian as official language during his long reign of peace and prosperity.

So my dear, read up first. become knowledgeable of your own history. Only then you may get a chance to lecture others.

Only then.

peace

But the common man never spoke Persian.

May be but you have named your major missiles on their names targetting India, the symbolic meaning is enough to understand.

The official names are hatf and shaheen etc. etc.

Please educate yourself.

Thank you

ps- God forbid if one of these missiles is coming towards my house or your house, does it matter what the fing name of that missile is. This is childish and circular argument on the name of a dastardly weapon that kills and indiscriminately.

But the common man never spoke Persian.

By common man you mean "uneducated" or unschooled man, who had no future in that society, and lived on the scraps thrown around by higher castes.

yeah. you are right.

By common man you mean "uneducated" or unschooled man, who had no future in that society, and lived on the scraps thrown around by higher castes.

yeah. you are right.

No they are called the common masses. Same with English during British Raj.

Babur massacred thousands of Pashtuns. At Bajaur Fort he made skulls of Pashuns skulls and their are many written accounts of his mistreatment of Pashtuns.

Because Pashtuns refused to pay taxes, refused to accept his rule. In baburnama babur describes pashtuns as unruly, unmanageable troublesome people who needs a good lesson. He dealt with pakhtuns in mongol fashion (mughals were mongols). Yet it is also a fact that he recruited pashtuns of zamand and kheshgi tribes near kabul who participated in war against their kinsemen lodhis. Ibrahim lodhi himself was killed by a zamand pashtun of mughal army. He gave them region of present day kasur as reward, (any one with surname kasuri is actually of pashtun origin)...it was after sher shah suri episode that mughals closed all of their doors on pashtuns.

Only then.

peace

Hahhahahhaa... nope he didnt. why would he use persian and not punjabi. we are sikhs we always use and used punjabi. only pakistanis promote such myths with no basis as all.

you have "shahi farman" from Maharaja? written in punjabi?
There are several written in Persian aka Farsi in Lahore museum.

Not starting a farsi-punjabi war. Just stating the facts.

Thank you

I don't think we should name our missiles after Afghans.

It should be ,
1- Qaid e azam misile or simply jinnah misile
2- Allama iqbal misile or simply iqbal misile
3- Liaqat ali khan misile or simply liaqat misile
4- Nishtar misile (cool name)
5- Chaudry rehmat ali misile or simply chaudry misile
6- sir syed misile
7- Sir agha khan misile

@INDIC
Watch this clip from PTV drama 'Babar' about mughal king babur. In this pakistani drama mughals are presented as protagonists while pashtuns as antagonists.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom