What's new

Is the U.S. Committed to Defend the Senkakus? Article 5 of the U.S.-Japan T

That is funny considering how it has been the Chinese members here who believes it is China's RIGHT and DUTY to lead the Asiatics as the 'superior' race, to speak on Asia's behalf, and to ensure us 'inferior' Asians submit to China's divine right to rule. Not much different on how the Japanese felt only one generation ago.

The imperial days of yore are gone, for China or anyone else, plentiful of small arms with huge populations everywhere take away those ambitious dreams. I believe China, by using the US's actions in the past half of a century as a guide, is pragmatic enough to see such attempts are futile and unprofitable and eventually can bankrupt a nation, economically and morally.

China was and still is a proud nation despite the great humiliations of the recent past and now all she wants is what's rightfully hers without foreign meddling and intimidation. And if such foreign pressures are existed, I have no doubt, she'll fight like any dignify nation would fight- down to the last man against this neocolonialism.

in fact,chinese citizens want war.Japan should appreciate that China is not a democratic country!

I really don't see the point of this thread, it has been posted many times before.
From how things look now, US will intervene if there's conflict.
China and Japan decides if there will be a conflict and how fast it will escalate.
If Japan is assured that US will stop China from it's claims, JDSF would have already been stationed on the island.
Japanese are not peace loving people, US and China out of all nations involved in WW2 know this. so what's stopping the JDSF from stationing on the islands?

The imperial days of yore are gone, for China or anyone else, plentiful of small arms with huge populations everywhere take away those ambitious dreams. I believe China, by using the US's actions in the past half of a century as a guide, is pragmatic enough to see such attempts are futile and unprofitable and eventually can bankrupt a nation, economically and morally.

China was and still is a proud nation despite the great humiliations of the recent past and now all she wants is what's rightfully hers without foreign meddling and intimidation. And if such foreign pressures are existed, I have no doubt, she'll fight like any dignify nation would fight- down to the last man against this neocolonialism.
In other words, China wants to act as an imperial or neocolonial power in Asia without the facade of either. Imperial Japan pretty much acted the same way back then.

Back
Top Bottom