What's new

Is the Pakistan army martial?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Martial was a word coined by Imperial British to classify ethnic groups during 1857. They were around 30 classes ranging from deep north to even Kerala.

They used it to classify people to draw people into their armies.

Surprising to see some have still got that Imperialist Slavish mentality and keeping that British given title as a priced possession...... Priceless.

Martial Race - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

An Indian crying big tears about stuff that was said so many decades if not centuries ago. Back then we are all in one country, so you should be proud that some of your countrymen were praised.

This is surely the pathetic outcome of neo-nationalism among Indian Hindus that cannot see beyond the trivially positive things someone ever said about their arch foe aka Pakistan.

If Indians and I mean highly educated Indians can rant and shout about these little things, then why to blame your equivalent on our side of the border like you all's "favorite" bogeyman zaid $tupid Hameed.

I urge you and your ilk to view history as an interesting and "shared" experience instead of trying put Pakistanis down. Otherwise we'll continue having these useless quarrels like the Indian rajas of old times. Remember these rajas used to put each other down, fight one another until a foreign power would come and destroy both. Hope that never happens because if it does, that will be shameful. utter shameful.

peace

what is this nonsense ......martial fartial .....

the Marathas were and still are a majority farming community. These Maratha farmers used to work in their farms throughout the year. But when they used to take swords in the battlefield, the mighty "Martial" Mughal army used to sh1t their pants and run away with the tail between their legs. Ultimately the Marathas brought Mughals to their knees and destroyed their empire. So much for the martial race ....

what is this nonsense ......martial fartial .....

the Marathas were and still are a majority farming community. These Maratha farmers used to work in their farms throughout the year. But when they used to take swords in the battlefield, the mighty "Martial" Mughal army used to sh1t their pants and run away with the tail between their legs. Ultimately the Marathas brought Mughals to their knees and destroyed their empire. So much for the martial race ....

Like your signatures.

coming back to the topic.

Warfare aka "modern warfare" drastically changed from 19th century with the introduction of modern machines and industry. These changes prompted different kind of soldiers were needed. Many "warrior" groups from prior period became useless because their temperament didn't suit the modern warfare or they found better opportunities in the modern industry.

British empire loomed large during the same time period and they could potentially get soldiers from their ever expanding army from anywhere in the world.

However they found just one region in their vast empire who fit the job requirements AND in HUGE numbers. And that area was a relatively small corner of Punjab and KPK. The hill country of pothohar and nearby lowlands, Peshawar and charsadha. Muslims dominated the scene because they were in big majority, but we should not forget the same area provided Sikhs and Hindu soldiers as well.

Thus you and Indians must understand the term "martial" in the proper context of time and geography. Oh and this should be shared pride instead of petty jugat bazi.

Thank you

Haha.. Now they are nothing but cavemen... You call them warriors, I call them a hit and run chickens

You call them hit and run chickens because they were able to conquer and rule you. If it weren't for them you'd be ruled by hindus today and would have remained a part of india. War is never fair, who said war has always been about man 2 man, face 2 face? I don't think Americans were thinking your way when they nuked Japanese civilian centers or when they mass bombed German cities.

I bet those Pakistanis troops that raped, murdered, and oppressed Bangali Muslims in 1971 were also "hit and run chickens" as you put it, since after all they were using armed/brute force against unarmed civilians.

Secondly, to put it bluntly to you since you lack knowledge in military tactics, its called "Hit and Run tactics", not "hit and run chickens".

It is a skill, used by the Turkic armies cavalry to its full potential.

My dear dear poster,

you are confusing warlord-ism with modern day disciplined military forces. There is a huge difference between the two. Warlordism needs limited brain power and brute force. Modern warfare on the other hand needs more brain power and the use of sophisticated logistics, weapons, industrial complex etc.

you comparison is like saying neanderthals were superior to modern humans. Well yeah for a while. But then brain power and better industry and education slowly but surely eliminated the brute force. And now we read about neanderthals as part of anthropological study.

I am sure you have heard the saying "Aql bari keh bhains".

or perhaps, my efforts in this thread are futile because my argument are like "bhains kay agay been bajana".

peace

Your analogy is completely wrong, i don't know how you can compare Turkic armies that used innovative war tactics with neanderthals. Secondly, brute force is a part of war, i can't remember the last time two opposing armies threw flowers at each other during battle :lol:, perhaps if you do know of any such rare event in history do let me know.

Your analogy is completely wrong, i don't know how you can compare Turkic armies that used innovative war tactics with neanderthals..

Look at the context my man. Look at the proper context. It is all relative. So view the example of neanderthals with respect to their era and do not try to bring in turkmans or others. Because then you have to change your context again.

Anyway I like your flower throwing take. :lol:

Kindly quote me a single official document of PA which says that one pak soldier is equal to 10 or that Indians are cowards. Just name one official document of the PA which says that.
I advise you to read India: A study in Profile, a mandatory reading book at PMA for Officers. This book while doesnt say that 1 Muslim = 10 Hindus, does unequivocally say that Indians are cowards while Pakistani's are not.

Whether you agree or not is your decision. It does say the same.

The Maratha light cavalry was devastating and ended Muslim rule over India.

many pakistanis are blissfully unaware of this.
The marathas had an excellent army as well as a navy

I advise you to read India: A study in Profile, a mandatory reading book at PMA for Officers. This book while doesnt say that 1 Muslim = 10 Hindus, does unequivocally say that Indians are cowards while Pakistani's are not.

Whether you agree or not is your decision. It does say the same.

We are not cowards, and will never be, unlike our neighbors to the east.

For us, life is nothing. As for your nation's mentality, wealth is everything.

Remember this.

in our side of world, we are famous for martial art of Real Fighting with sharp Swords
BTW I forgot the name of that great south Indian Empire, what was it??

What does real fighting means to you ?... Being plundered and Killed by Afghans and Sikhs and getting your women raped and converted...

Chola Naval Empire.

Rajendra_map_new.png

The only Asian powers to built a Naval Empire along with Japanese.

We are not cowards, and will never be, unlike our neighbors to the east.

For us, life is nothing. As for your nation's mentality, wealth is everything.

Remember this.

What I remember is recent, that automatic weapons bearing punjab commandoes ran away during the SL team attack, but unarmed marathi cops in Mumbai did not, one unarmed cop capturing Kasab alive while giving up his own life.

Every loud noise is not a roar, may be a fart. We know that from history and the present. Thats why some things have to be taught to your officers through mandatory books. You need to do a better job.

What I remember is recent, that automatic weapons bearing punjab commandoes ran away during the SL team attack, but unarmed marathi cops in Mumbai did not, one unarmed cop capturing Kasab alive while giving up his own life.

Every loud noise is not a roar, may be a fart. We know that from history and the present. Thats why some things have to be taught to your officers through mandatory books. You need to do a better job.

Interesting.

Where were your commandos during Mumbai?

:lol:

Interesting.

Where were your commandos during Mumbai?

:lol:
right inside the hotel.1st marcos took the morcha till NSG arrived from delhi.

Btw person who caught the AK-47 wielding kasab was the mere police constable with just a lathi in his hand.

now thats called The real Martial the Great Maratha.

right inside the hotel.1st marcos took the morcha till NSG arrived from delhi.

Btw person who caught the AK-47 wielding kasab was the mere police constable with just a lathi in his hand.

now thats called The real Martial the Great Maratha.

Looks like your commandos are useless.

Punjabis would spank you marathis. :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom