What's new

Is self promotion allowed??

Levina

BANNED
Reaction score
Country
India
@WebMaster

1) Is self promotion allowed on pdf?? As in 're people allowed to randomly post threads based on their blogs??
If it is allowed that would be a very fatuous thing to do because any random person would then use this platform to propagate his or her conspiracy theories.
This thread is just an example
Mumbai Confession Video: Rare "Jihadi" Invokes "Bhagwan"
OP has posted close to 9 links to his blog.
Whats more interesting is that the thread did go on a hide mode for almost 8-9 hrs (most prolly deleted by a sane mod) but then later some other mod decided to let the trolling continue and the thread was "live" again.
Be assured I would 've reported this thread even if it was something about Pakistan/China or just any other country for I feel self promotion is wrong. And in many other forums like this, self promotion can lead to bans. Often such ppl 're asked to pay up and advertise, instead of posting threads on forums.
I hope you have a policy on this.
Frankly if you dont allow self promoting signatures then how can you allow self promoting threads?? Just flummoxed!!

2) Btw admin why 're not we allowed to give tags to threads we create (tags which appears below the text window)??Adding tags would only give each thread more visibility on google (afaik) which in turn will increase the audience to each thread (which is given tags). Right now if i try adding a new tag while creating a thread then the system gives an error.

upload_2015-1-7_8-50-12.png

Last edited:
Yeah! I've seen these blogs by Haq - Haq's musings. It's just a lot of tripe. Useless conspiracy stuff that borders on idiocy.

I fail to understand why this fellow has been given so much leeway on PDF? Or is he secretly being paid by the management to write stuff to bash India with? This guy should be banned!

I fail to understand why this fellow has been given so much leeway on PDF? Or is he secretly being paid by the management to write stuff to bash India with? This guy should be banned!
Naah
I think he hasnt really come under the radar till now. Lolzz

Just paste the link of your blog in your signature, advertising is not allowed for obvious reasons, but if you blog about related topics then there is not harm including your blog as part of your signature.

Just paste the link of your blog in your signature, advertising is not allowed for obvious reasons, but if you blog about related topics then there is not harm including your blog as part of your signature.
I think thats a bad idea, often the veracity of such blogs 're doubted.
Unless its a defence blog I dont think its contents should be used in a thread on pdf,especially in the original post (OP).
Tell me another site which allows members to use their own blogs links as signatures?
Most of the sites 're against such self promotion, because such blogs 're not "touch-stones", especially when it comes to politics.

I think thats a bad idea, often the veracity of such blogs 're doubted.
Unless its a defence blog I dont think its contents should be used in a thread on pdf,especially in the original post (OP).
Tell me another site which allows members to use their own blogs links as signatures?
Most of the sites 're against such self promotion, because such blogs 're not "touch-stones", especially when it comes to politics.

If you blog on the many flavours of Paan, then you can always share your blog with us on Members Section :P

If you blog on the many flavours of Paan, then you can always share your blog with us on Members Section :P
Phaaleezz!
Its not about my blog..I just want to forget the fact that I even started one. Lolzz (i'm pretty dilettante when it comes to blogging).

on topic:
Would you support a member who repeatedly uses pdf to promote his own blogs???

Phaaleezz!
Its not about my blog..I just want to forget the fact that I even started one. Lolzz (i'm pretty dilettante when it comes to blogging).

on topic:
Would you support a member who repeatedly uses pdf to promote his own blogs???

If s/he would blog on PDF then yes, especially if it is related to Pakistan Internal Security/Defence. But if the aim is simply to drive traffic to his/her website then no. :)

If s/he would blog on PDF then yes, especially if it is related to Pakistan Internal Security/Defence. But if the aim is simply to drive traffic to his/her website then no. :)
Thats vague.
Either it should be yes or a big fat no. The policy should be clear.

I think the original poster of the thread should not use his blogs to create new threads, unless its defence where things can not be exaggerated and which is boondocks for politics.

Thats vague.
Either it should be yes or a big fat no. The policy should be clear.

I think the original poster of the thread should not use his blogs to create new threads, unless its defence where things can not be exaggerated and which is boondocks for politics.

But it can't be a yes or a no, because it will not encourage discourse. Yes s/he may not be an authority but is entitled to an opinion, no matter it's weighting.

But it can't be a yes or a no, because it will not encourage discourse. Yes s/he may not be an authority but is entitled to an opinion, no matter it's weighting.
we are not running a democracy here, If so then we would have had an Indian mod like sparkky.

So if its the opinion of a member that matters then he should just post the content of his blog and NOT THE LINK to his blogs. Posting links to his blogs proves that the thread is being used by the member to promote his blog.

we are not running a democracy here, If so then we would have had an Indian mod like sparkky.

So if its the opinion of a member that matters then he should just post the content of his blog and NOT THE LINK to his blogs. Posting links to his blogs proves that the thread is used by the member to promote his blog.

With regards to International MODS, that is something I care not to comment on and the reasons are based on my experience on Indian forums, which lets just say taught me how lenient we are here at PDF. Now with regards to running a democracy, this is a public forum and the purpose of a forum is to share information and discuss topical subjects.

If he posts a link in a thread, YOU have the CHOICE to click or IGNORE the link. See where I am going with this? Either way if you are that concerned perhaps you should message webmaster directly no?

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom