What's new

Is Reverse engineering a Good Option for India?

Well i think that we have already chosen our development model long back and our neighbor china theirs. Remember both models have their benefits and drawbacks. Note that its not lack of capabilities but the vision of the leaders who initiated these models that have the visible effects seen by us today.

So the question of reverse engineering does not arise for us as we are already ahead in our development plan.

And for my Indian bro's (Rahul Indian and Harry Mohan) please refrain from slighting the efforts of our neighbors as this will only deepen the distrust between us and make this thread another flaming one. Let us have a peaceful discussion.

they can't even copy ak-47/insas properly after many years, so forget about trying to copy big toys...it's more to do with india's weak industrial base than respecting IPR blbla...india is the biggest IP violator i the pharmaceutical industry. don't forget that. please don't preach about respecting ipr excuse here..haha

india should follow its own path. i agree with genetic_nomad. who are we to say india's path is inferior and why does it matter to us? we're not the US that says everyone must follow us or die (or be sanctioned, surrounded, etc).

they can't even copy ak-47/insas properly after many years, so forget about trying to copy big toys...it's more to do with india's weak industrial base than respecting IPR blbla...india is the biggest IP violator i the pharmaceutical industry. don't forget that. please don't preach about respecting ipr excuse here..haha

Indian Pharma industry is thriving by making generic versions of medicines whose patent has expired after lapse of 15 years. Indian courts are very proactive in protecting patents and copy rights unlike China where inspite of copying the whole car the violator gets away from the court.

really? that's why so many complaints about indian copycat drugs at WTO every year..

--
India, a rising star in the global pharma firmament, may be flooded with counterfeit drugs, the Times of India reports.

The paper cites various estimates that suggest between 5% and 20% of the medicines sold in the country are fake. The figure should be easier to pin down soon, after a six-month government study that will involve undercover investigators picking up 31,000 drug samples around the country.

In this era of multinational pharma, the problem is global. The OECD says 75% of fake drugs around the world have origins in India, the Times says.

*ttp://blogs.wsj.com/health/2008/05/14/awash-in-counterfeit-drugs-india-may-pay-more-for-foreign-approval/

Every one is entitled to have his own opinion. No problem dude but will it change the reality??

Back
Top Bottom