What's new

Is Pak the national self-expression of the Indus Valley or is it remnant of N.Indian Islamic empires

Reaction score
Country
India
Noted geo-political commenter Caspian Report says it is the rump state of major Turkic empires that ruled over the vast expanse of Northern India..I feel religion has nothing to do with national self-identity and people coalesce around ethnicity,language,culture,geography ...Your thoughts please...I already timestamped the comment

Last edited:
Pakistan should find its nationalism in gandhara / indus or atleast socioeconomic link between all regions , it will help country becoming secular , religion was good for early years of independence to galvanize the newly formed state , now its pretty reduntant.

The old indus valley civilization is no more. Maybe some of their descendants live but overall they have long gone. Muslim invaders from the western side settled in these areas and the current population include their descendants. The only identity that unifies us is and should be Islam. I know this would hurt many as they fear Islam but without Islam, Pakistan would be divided into ethnicities.
Pakistan ka matlab kya Laa ilaha illalallah.

The old indus valley civilization is no more. Maybe some of their descendants live but overall they have long gone. Muslim invaders from the western side settled in these areas and the current population include their descendants. The only identity that unifies us is and should be Islam. I know this would hurt many as they fear Islam but without Islam, Pakistan would be divided into ethnicities.
Pakistan ka matlab kya Laa ilaha illalallah.
vast majority of Pakistanis are native to land , vast majority of pakistanis are punjabis/pashtuns/sindhis/balochs/gilgit baltistan ,these people have nothing to do with invaders , they are native to land people.

From what i think , Pakistan's national identity is still morphing so give it some more time. Over time, there will be more things to bind us together than just Religion. There will be things that would be "Pakistani" in nature, and in true sense unique to us.

From what i think , Pakistan's national identity is still morphing so give it some more time. Over time, there will be more things to bind us together than just Religion. There will be things that would be "Pakistani" in nature, and in true sense unique to us.

How long does it take for such trends of history to solidify? I would say a good two to three centuries

For fcuks sake, who cares

Our people have been here for thousands of years

Kashmiri
Punjabi
Sindhi
Baloch
Pashtun
And more

This is our land
This is our home

The Indus valley civilization was here 8000 years ago

Pakistan is simply the modern state expression of this ancient land

What binds us however is everything but Islam is the most important thing

How long does it take for such trends of history to solidify? I would say a good two to three centuries

Indeed it'll take quite a bit of time to come through however as a youth of fairly modern background i already see a sense of commonality between all the groups i've met so far. I've had the pleasure of interacting with Indian youth online as well as learning about their cultures through them. They were polite however i never felt a sense of commonality with them, they were almost alien sans a few common things.

For fcuks sake, who cares

Our people have been here for thousands of years

Kashmiri
Punjabi
Sindhi
Baloch
Pashtun
And more

This is our land
This is our home

The Indus valley civilization was here 8000 years ago

Pakistan is simply the modern state expression of this ancient land

What binds us however is everything but Islam is the most important thing

Can the Pak State survive without Islam?
Can the Pak State survive without Indus Culture?

Is Pak the national self-expression of the Indus Valley or is it remnant of N.Indian Islamic empires...???

Answer:
It is both.

Why are we taking dictation on national identity from people who named thier nation after a river in ours? A nation who's borders are created by the British empire. A nation which is entirely artificial, breaking apart at the seams.

Practically a nation is a collection of people who live within a boundary and work towards thier collective benefit.

We are a multi ethnic nation, we have multiple identities, each of as much value as the other.

Back
Top Bottom