Is IOS better or Android?

Looks and Feel: Ipad 2

Internet security: Ipad 2

Hardware: Samsung tab 10.1

OS UI: Samsung tab 10.1

Software upgradability : Samsung tab 10.1

Social connectivity: Samsung Tab 10.1

Connectivity: Both are same.

Price: Ipad 2 is cheaper by 3k in India.

Value for money: Aakash tablet :D

asus_eee_pad_transformer_prime_android_tablet_1.jpg

asus-transformer-prime-4.jpg

The Prime comes with an optional keyboard dock, making the tablet into a full fledged android notebook.

asus-transformer-prime-side.jpg

And, did I say it is thinner than the iPad 2?

completely my views no harm intended for fanboys

i have used top of the line apple and android products both in cell phones and tablets namely the samsung galaxy s and the apple iphone 4s (using it now) apple ipad 1 and galaxy tab

the thing with ios is its smooth does not lag at all is far more attractive it wont hang even if you open a 100 applications at once
ps (views regarding ios 5 used by my 4s)

the thing with android is its more free allows you to download third party applications does not restrict you on many things
BUT HERE IS THE PROBLEM it lags it hangs alot if you are using multiple apps on it and kinda gets borring after some time this way the very reason i broke my galaxy s it use to hang like a bi#ch even after software upgrades

my views go for the ios the ipad will work like a charm

i have used top of the line apple and android products both in cell phones and tablets namely the samsung galaxy s and the apple iphone 4s (using it now) apple ipad 1 and galaxy tab

the thing with ios is its smooth does not lag at all is far more attractive it wont hang even if you open a 100 applications at once

Actually, there is a good reason why iOS is said to be "smooth" and Android is a bit choppy.

Why Android’s UI Isn’t As “Smooth” As iOS

UI rendering processes in iOS occur with dedicated threads with real-time priority whereas on Android, UI rendering processes occur along with the main thread with normal priority. Whenever an iOS devices detects touch, it stops other processes and focuses all attention to rendering the UI. Android devices don’t do this, instead general processing and UI rendering occurs concurrently which results in choppy UI.

Since the user interface is treated under general processes, Andorid does not provide such a smooth interface. But again, iOS stops all processes and focuses on UI when a touch is a detected, so you have a "smooth" response.

Ice Cream Sandwich now has hardware acceleration to UI as well, so things will change quite a bit.

And for the record: it is Fandroid :victory:

here is a list of problem that came out of my galaxy s after using it for some time
1 the system use to crash alot
2 force close on music messages whatsapp call log internet
3 it use to display this annoying message NULL CK every now and then
4 even after upgrades it wont solve the problem

my sister iphone4 had a little software problem she took to istore they checked it up told her to come back next day and the next day they gave here a new cell after this i just said no to android if you want freedom just jail break your iphone

---------- Post added at 02:25 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:23 AM ----------

Actually, there is a good reason why iOS is said to be "smooth" and Android is a bit choppy.

Why Android’s UI Isn’t As “Smooth” As iOS

UI rendering processes in iOS occur with dedicated threads with real-time priority whereas on Android, UI rendering processes occur along with the main thread with normal priority. Whenever an iOS devices detects touch, it stops other processes and focuses all attention to rendering the UI. Android devices don’t do this, instead general processing and UI rendering occurs concurrently which results in choppy UI.

Since the user interface is treated under general processes, Andorid does not provide such a smooth interface. But again, iOS stops all processes and focuses on UI when a touch is a detected, so you have a "smooth" response.

Ice Cream Sandwich now has hardware acceleration to UI as well, so things will change quite a bit.

And for the record: it is Fandroid :victory:

what about the 4 problems i just mentioned and the customer care

here is a list of problem that came out of my galaxy s after using it for some time
1 the system use to crash alot
2 force close on music messages whatsapp call log internet
3 it use to display this annoying message NULL CK every now and then
4 even after upgrades it wont solve the problem

my sister iphone4 had a little software problem she took to istore they checked it up told her to come back next day and the next day they gave here a new cell after this i just said no to android if you want freedom just jail break your iphone

---------- Post added at 02:25 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:23 AM ----------

Maybe you had a lemon, but again, I know many people with Android and their phones never gave them any trouble whatsoever. But again, your experience and my friends, are not a large enough sample population to truely reflect the usability and reliability of both operating systems.

Customer Care is an issue with the manufacturer, not Android. Samsung might have really good customer service, Motorola may be pathetic. But both make Android devices.

I suggest choosing a reliable retailer. In the United States, we buy phones from the carriers directly, so customer service is on par for both devices. My carrier even offers an insurance plan for 8 dollars a month. Everything, and I mean EVERYTHING is covered.

Hi gals & guys,
So, the the thing is, i have to buy a Tablet promptly........... I was all set to go for Samsung Galaxy tab 10.1 which features Android Honey Comb as operating system.Until, i was told by a friend that Android is prone to getting infected by internet viruses....... Now i am confused because of the "Operating systems" If you talk about specifications and features, Samsung beats IPAD-2 hands down, but my concern is the OS........... awaiting members candid input, Thanks.

My suggestion would be both iOS and Android :smokin:

If you want a device which works seamlessly, and does a good job at what it is supposed to do, go for the iPad. But the iPad is only for content consumption and not creation, and this is one downside which Android can address. You will also have a device which will look like every other iPad in the world.. the most customization you can do is probably change the wallpaper.

Android on the other hand maybe not as well integrated as Apple, but this is changing. You have external storage, really fast hardware, and a whole range of customizing options. And Widgets galore!

Try both the devices, and pick the best one. If you choose Android, I would suggest waiting for the Transformer Prime. The Galaxy 10.1 has a dual core processor, and these will be replaced by quad core very soon. Moreover, the Prime is about 3 times faster than the Galaxy 10.1. And both these devices are priced the same - In the US, both cost $499.00.

The Apple IOS was once known as best until the Android made its debut. Android has matched and even surpassed many of the functionalities of the iPhone OS and also with Android you have a vast array of handsets to choose from, like the Sony Ericsson Xperia family to the HTC Desire, samsung galaxy series and LG Optimus.

Google's CEO Eric Schmidt took part at the LeWeb conference today to discuss all things Google. Naturally, Android was discussed throughout as well.

On the topic of Android, Schmidt made a statement that "Android is ahead of the iPhone now", making the majority of the iPad, iPhone and Mac-dominated audience go silent for a moment. Schmidt's reasons were simple: "unit volume, Ice Cream Sandwich, the price is lower, there are more vendors."

Those all are valid points, but there's an area where Google's mobile OS fails and that's winning developer's hearts as well as iOS has. Most app developers are creating their products with iOS in mind and then, eventually make Android counterparts, too. Here are his thoughts on the matter.

Ultimately, application vendors are driven by volume, and volume is favored by the open approach Google is taking. There are so many manufacturers working to deliver Android phones globally. Whether you like Android or not, you will support that platform, and maybe you'll even deliver it first.
On the subject of whether Android is copying iOS, Schmidt didn't go much deeper than "Android was founded before the iPhone was." According to Google's CEO "Social, local and mobile" have been in human's history for the past 10,000 years and aren't going away any time soon.

According to Schmidt, Android will turn things into its favor thanks to the high volume of Android phone shipments and the openness of Google.

Android already on top of the iPhone, according to Eric Schmidt - GSMArena.com news

I have used both and I think IOS is better for me as I can install almost all forex brokers application in it.

Android is good for other purposes... depends what your requirement is

the thing with android is its more free allows you to download third party applications does not restrict you on many things
BUT HERE IS THE PROBLEM it lags it hangs alot if you are using multiple apps on it and kinda gets borring after some time this way the very reason i broke my galaxy s it use to hang like a bi#ch even after software upgrades

my views go for the ios the ipad will work like a charm

since when galaxy s is top of the line ? wait for galaxy nexus till January its a beast iphone has no chance in front of might galaxy nexus and the best part is its cost around 19k unlike useless iphone which cost 40k.

And about that lags ever heard of a site called xda developers ? Install custom rom and get 200% out of your mobile.

I am on galaxy s2 and i never experience a lag or any performance issue i have like 500 apps installed.
and you cant even customize your iphone homescreen just create folders and be happy with it,no real live wallpapers.No freedom for developers,everything should be according to the apple people.I dont know what steve jobs was thinking he enjoyed monopoly for few year but Google knocked him out fair and square,he was whining about android till his last breath.

And you are comparing a 18k phone (g s)with 35k phone.

android-ftw-again_design.png

images

From what i have learned........IPAD-2 doesn't have a flash player to view online video's........ That's a big bummer for Ipad2. Also Motorola XOOM2 caught my attention, while browsing for tablets. If any one has used XOOM2 please share your experience.

Android > IOS hands down.

Viruses? Never had a problem with it. What was your friend doing? :what:

Back
Top Bottom