What's new

Is capital punishment a deterrent for rapists? : We the people on NDTV

desioptimist

Reaction score
Bit old video.
Those in favor: Capital punishment will be better deterrent due the fear it will instill. Rape cases rising as people are not afraid of existing punishment.

Those opposing: It will only encourage the rapists to kill and remove evidence. Proper enforcement of existing law is better deterrent.

Last edited by a moderator:
If a rapist is proved 100% guilty without any doubts. And doesn't have a mental problem.

Then they should chop off that person's balls and let him rot in prison for life.

Thats my idea, you don't have to agree with it but i reckon it's the best method. The person would probz get raped in prision himself anyways.

If a rapist is proved 100% guilty without any doubts. And doesn't have a mental problem.

Then they should chop off that person's balls and let him rot in prison for life.

Thats my idea, you don't have to agree with it but i reckon it's the best method. The person would probz get raped in prision himself anyways.

Why do you think it will act as deterrent?

Honestly I dont think there is yet to be invented a fitting punishment for such a heinous crime as rape ....but being in this time and age , medieval punishments like emasculating etc should be avoided , The only punishment that can be given is Capital punishment , and it certainly deters many other crimes eg drug peddling , first degree murder etc so it likewise should be enough to deter rape too....

Honestly I dont think there is yet to be invented a fitting punishment for such a heinous crime as rape ....but being in this time and age , medieval punishments like emasculating etc should be avoided , The only punishment that can be given is Capital punishment , and it certainly deters many other crimes eg drug peddling , first degree murder etc so it likewise should be enough to deter rape too....

I am sorry that the video is too big. The points and counterarguments are discussed in the same video.

How about celebrating rape instead? And glorifying gang rape. You could look to your west for inspiration.

A crime not considered a crime isn't a crime anymore.

My posting was actually due to that rape case, although the video is old. The discussions are still relevant though.
Whenever such crime occurs, people clamor for death sentence as if it will somehow fix the problem.
The acquittal shows how difficult it is to prove such case, and making it suitable for death sentence will only bring down the conviction rate.

we should punish according to the islamic law in our country . . shouldn't give them capital punishment . . blood for blood makes sense . .. but bllood for rape . .it certainly doesn't make any sense . . but then we should also know the scenario accordingly . . . but the rape cases in islamic countries are being dealt perfectly .. getting 50 lashes or hunters every week is more thn enough . . the rapist thinks 10 times before committing even a small crime after getting lashes and hunters . because it can take forever for the wounds to heal !

we should punish according to the islamic law in our country . . shouldn't give them capital punishment . . blood for blood makes sense . .. but bllood for rape . .it certainly doesn't make any sense . . but then we should also know the scenario accordingly . . . but the rape cases in islamic countries are being dealt perfectly .. getting 50 lashes or hunters every week is more thn enough . . the rapist thinks 10 times before committing even a small crime after getting lashes and hunters . because it can take forever for the wounds to heal !
Islamic law requires 4 male withness it seems( at least the soudi version). If you cant prove that you are raped, you will get lashes for adultry.
A 7 year jail term is hell, 100 lashes is nothing compared to that. Try to go to any prison and you will know.

it sound weird but i m all for it. it will surely act as a deterrent & all men will think 1000 times even in drunken condition before committing the crime. a man even in it's worst dream don't want anything wrong with his b@lls.

Oh and also punish the women for getting herself raped..... aint it?

Oh and also punish the women for getting herself raped..... aint it?

“Narrated Wa’il ibn Hujr: “When a woman went out in the time of the Prophet (P) for prayer, a man attacked her and overpowered [raped] her. She shouted and he went off, and when a man came by, she said: That [man] did such and such to me. And when a company of the Emigrants came by, she said: That man did such and such to me. They went and seized the man whom they thought had had intercourse with her and brought him to her.

She said: Yes, this is he. Then they brought him to the Apostle of Allah (P).

When he [the Prophet] was about to pass sentence, the man who [actually] had assaulted her stood up and said: Apostle of Allah, I am the man who did it to her.

He [the Prophet] said to her: Go away, for Allah has forgiven you. But he told the man some good words [Abu Dawud said: "meaning the man who was seized"], and of the man who had had intercourse with her, he said: “Stone him to death

“If a woman becomes pregnant without having a husband or a master, she may not be punished and, in stead, she should be asked about it, if she claimed that she was coerced into it or that she committed adultery under dubious circumstances, or if she simply does not confess adultery then she will not be punished. This is the saying of Abu Hanîfah and al-Shâfi`î, because she may be pregnant as a result of a forceful intercourse or dubious circumstances. Punishment will be abandoned in case suspicion exists. It is well known that a woman could become pregnant without committing the real intercourse

The claim that rape victims require four witnesses to seek justice for their case is untrue and a false lie

“Narrated Wa’il ibn Hujr: “When a woman went out in the time of the Prophet (P) for prayer, a man attacked her and overpowered [raped] her. She shouted and he went off, and when a man came by, she said: That [man] did such and such to me. And when a company of the Emigrants came by, she said: That man did such and such to me. They went and seized the man whom they thought had had intercourse with her and brought him to her.

She said: Yes, this is he. Then they brought him to the Apostle of Allah (P).

When he [the Prophet] was about to pass sentence, the man who [actually] had assaulted her stood up and said: Apostle of Allah, I am the man who did it to her.

He [the Prophet] said to her: Go away, for Allah has forgiven you. But he told the man some good words [Abu Dawud said: "meaning the man who was seized"], and of the man who had had intercourse with her, he said: “Stone him to death

“If a woman becomes pregnant without having a husband or a master, she may not be punished and, in stead, she should be asked about it, if she claimed that she was coerced into it or that she committed adultery under dubious circumstances, or if she simply does not confess adultery then she will not be punished. This is the saying of Abu Hanîfah and al-Shâfi`î, because she may be pregnant as a result of a forceful intercourse or dubious circumstances. Punishment will be abandoned in case suspicion exists. It is well known that a woman could become pregnant without committing the real intercourse

The claim that rape victims require four witnesses to seek justice for their case is untrue and a false lie

Selective quotation of a story here and there does not support your point, if the practice in islamic laws in islamic countries is different.
I can search internet and find some other quote to show otherwise. That does not prove anything.
Qur'an (24:4) - "And those who accuse free women then do not bring four witnesses (to adultery), flog them..."

Selective quotation of a story here and there does not support your point, if the practice in islamic laws in islamic countries is different.
I can search internet and find some other quote to show otherwise. That does not prove anything.
Qur'an (24:4) - "And those who accuse free women then do not bring four witnesses (to adultery), flog them..."

bro the ayat u quoted says to flog those(men) whu say a women comitd adultry wihout providi 4 witness,so for such a big thng(ilzaam) they definitly deserve floging!!

bro the ayat u quoted says to flog those(men) whu say a women comitd adultry wihout providi 4 witness,so for such a big thng(ilzaam) they definitly deserve floging!!
Sorry for wrong quote, I look like a stupid now.

But same law is being used to protect the rapists now. If you cant prove rape, which is very difficult anywhere including islamic countries, the victim will be flogged for adultry, are you saying this does not happen?

Back
Top Bottom