What's new

Is Bobby Jindal preparing for a 2016 presidential run?

illusion8

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
India
Washington: Louisiana's Indian American Governor Bobby Jindal is laying the groundwork for a likely presidential bid and using his state as a testing ground for policies that play well with national conservatives, according to a media report.

He's passed a sweeping school voucher plan, rejected the Medicaid expansion in Obamacare and proposed scrapping the state income tax, all intended to please the Republican party's conservative base, Politico, an influential media site focusing on politics noted in a report Sunday.

It cited political observers who've watched Jindal up close for years as saying "it's become increasingly fuzzy where his governing ends and his presidential ambitions begin."

It was unclear "whether the 41-year-old policy wonk's plans are aimed at Louisiana's problems or future GOP (Republican) voters in Iowa and New Hampshire," the two states where the first presidential primaries begin, Politico said.

Jindal's bold policy proposals in Louisiana come at the same time he's raising his profile nationally, both through his new post as head of the Republican Governors Association and his frequent commentary on the future of the Republican Party, the influential site noted.

His headline-grabbing policies aren't the only way Jindal is boosting his national profile, the Politico said noting that since the November election, he's become a go-to commentator for cable news shows on the Republican party's challenges and direction going forward.

In a speech at the Republican National Committee's winter meeting last month, Jindal said the Republican party needs to "stop being the stupid party" and that comments from some Republican candidates in 2012 inflicted "damage to the brand."

He also said on Fox News recently that any Republicans already thinking about 2016 plans "need to get their head examined."

"But Jindal appears to be doing precisely that," Politico said suggesting "It's no coincidence that Jindal took the helm at the RGA this year: The position gives him reason to travel the country and build up a national network that would be crucial to any presidential bid."

Is Bobby Jindal preparing for a 2016 presidential run?

Republican Louisiana Governor Bobby Jindal and Senator Marco Rubio (R-Fla.), two of the youngest and more diverse faces of the GOP, seem to be showing the kind of leadership that suggests they'd consider a 2016 presidential run.

2016 Presidential Candidates: Marco Rubio and Bobby Jindal May Save GOP From Itself in 2016

Imagine what the brain dead media of India would come up with when this guy runs for and becomes the President!!!!!!!!!!!

'Sanasani khez khabar aap ke liye laye hum, Hindustani bana amrikan president. amrika sunega ab har baat hindustan ka' :hitwall: Especially the likes of India TV.

Imagine what the brain dead media of India would come up with when this guy runs for and becomes the President!!!!!!!!!!!

'Sanasani khez khabar aap ke liye laye hum, Hindustani bana amrikan president. amrika sunega ab har baat hindustan ka' :hitwall: Especially the likes of India TV.

Exactly what went through my mind...although, i translate into English.

All said and done Bobby Jindal and Hillary Clinton are genuine Presidential candidates for 2016 - both ways good for India.

Normally it's the other way round & can have adverse effect rather than a positive one. He will try & spend more time in convincing his public that he is unbiased rather than biased towards India. Kenyans & Muslims were excited when Obama became the president & I can't see anyone of those overly benefited by his election.

all intended to please the Republican party's conservative base

If the Republican Party has learned anything, they will pick someone who can appeal to the Hispanic vote also. I am not sure how Jindal stands with that demographic.

Normally it's the other way round & can have adverse effect rather than a positive one. He will try & spend more time in convincing his public that he is unbiased rather than biased towards India. Kenyans & Muslims were excited when Obama became the president & I can't see anyone of those overly benefited by his election.

Thats the exact point, i wouldn't be surprised if we suffer badly under him and he becomes pro Pakistan!! At the end of the day he is a American citizen and legally and morally he should be working for his country's benefits. Not for us.

I would feel that anything other than that would make him a traitor.

Yeah mate read it, is there anything specific i missed??Bobby jindal's line of we should stop seperating voters seems to be good i guess.

I don't know...but a presidential candidate from just 1% population of American Indians - that's just crazy.

Thats the exact point, i wouldn't be surprised if we suffer badly under him and he becomes pro Pakistan!! At the end of the day he is a American citizen and legally and morally he should be working for his country's benefits. Not for us.

I would feel that anything other than that would make him a traitor.

Don't think the American line and the Pakistani line are together - while the Indian and the American line go side by side - but you are right Obama's 2 terms didn't do any wonders for Kenya or Indonesia.

I don't know...but a presidential candidate from just 1% population of American Indians - that's just crazy.

I don't think we can comment on this, the Americans should do and decide too.

Don't think the American line and the Pakistani line are together - while the Indian and the American line go side by side - but you are right Obama's 2 terms didn't do any wonders for Kenya or Indonesia.

I am telling you if tomorrow America sees some benefit from Pakistan, it will forget all the latest bad blood and increase the coalition fund.

I don't think we can comment on this, the Americans should do and decide too.

I am telling you if tomorrow America sees some benefit from Pakistan, it will forget all the latest bad blood and increase the coalition fund.

Like what? I can only think of China or Iran whom the Americans are keen to take down - Pakistan becoming a mule to carry that load again - like they did against the Soviets?

If the Republican Party has learned anything, they will pick someone who can appeal to the Hispanic vote also. I am not sure how Jindal stands with that demographic.

Quite well - if what the reports indicate - but he is a long way from actually becoming a US president if at all....

Like what? I can only think of China or Iran whom the Americans are keen to take down - Pakistan becoming a mule to carry that load again - like they did against the Soviets?

Quite well - if what the reports indicate - but he is a long way from actually becoming a US president if at all....

The point i was trying to make is that even if Bobby Jindal a person of Indian origin does become American President, he wouldn't think twice before warming up to 'even Pakistan' if it suits America. When u said that it is highly unlikely, i said that if such occassion does arise America will not get tied down by this baggage we see at present, International Politics is as i said highly dynamic. The important point 'when if' mate.

I am showing u that any country would be and should be so cruelly unbiased to get what they want. Hope u get my point.

wah re wah, app to pake reporter nikle

Back
Top Bottom