What's new

Is Afghanistan really the land of Pushtoons?

About when exactly you are talking ? Mahmood of Ghazni first included area till Lahore into his Empire, but the world Afghanistan first appear much much later, and it was never only ruled by Pushtuns single-handedly.

The word Afghan qoum has also not very old appearance. We used to write our tribe name, it was first Mr. Ghaffar khan who advocated to write Afghan qoum.

Well i am not sure of the dates hence i put in ancient times. Also Mahmud Ghaznavi was not even Pukhtoon, he was either of Uzbek or Turkman decent (not 100% sure). Ahmed Shah Durrani's time is when the Pukhtoons actually took control of the regions that is now known as Afghanistan.

Well i am not sure of the dates hence i put in ancient times. Also Mahmud Ghaznavi was not even Pukhtoon, he was either of Uzbek or Turkman decent (not 100% sure). Ahmed Shah Durrani's time is when the Pukhtoons actually took control of the regions that is now known as Afghanistan.
That's what I mean, today's Afghanistan was not ruled by Pushtuns single-handedly in known history.
Mr. Manzoor Pashteen is exaggerating as do most followers of Ghafar Khan.

That's what I mean, today's Afghanistan was not ruled by Pushtuns single-handedly in known history.
Mr. Manzoor Pashteen is exaggerating as do most followers of Ghafar Khan.

I am not a follower of Pashteen or a supporter of Bacha Khan, but traditionally Afghani is synonym for Pukhtoon. We are Afghani by ethnicity but that doesn't mean we are citizens of Afghanistan. The best way to explain is that all white people are caucasians but that doesn't mean they all are citizen of countries from the Caucasus region

I am not a follower of Pashteen or a supporter of Bacha Khan, but traditionally Afghani is synonym for Pukhtoon. We are Afghani by ethnicity but that doesn't mean we are citizens of Afghanistan. The best way to explain is that all white people are caucasians but that doesn't mean they all are citizen of countries from the Caucasus region
I am not saying you are follower, I was just clearing.
As for Afghan qoum

The word Afghan qoum has also not very old appearance. We used to write our tribe name, it was first Mr. Ghaffar khan who advocated to write Afghan qoum.

and because he was in par with Brits through Gandi, it became official.

nope its not, pushtoons are pushtoons end of story
afghani is term used for people in afghanistan, never hear dof the term ever used except for some poets in that sense..now yeah it has been used in afghanistan as such but not in pakistan

afghani is term used for people in afghanistan, never hear dof the term ever used except for some poets in that sense..now yeah it has been used in afghanistan as such but not in pakistan

What does it say on your domicile?

What is the big deal here? I don't understand. Pashtuns are part of Pakistan and Afghanistan. Their origins are from Sulieman Mountain Range in Pakistan. These borders are something new. Pashtun are a part of Pakistani society more than Afghani. Anyways, I don't wish to speak on behalf of Pashtun brothers because I am Punjabi myself. Honestly, I don't give a shit. Pashtuns are welcome in all of Pakistan. What they want to say about themselves is up to them. Take care.

Pakistan Zindabad

Caucasian is not an ethnicity. Its a name given by Arabs or Turks to white people coming from the areas on the other side of Caucasus mountains. Likewise Afghan is not an ethnicity. The area was called Afghan in history and people of various ethnicities living in the area were called Afghan.
You like most pushtoons are very confused about your ethnicity.
I will leave you to find out more bout your ethnicity which is not Afghan.
But i can write more about Caucasians. The actual ethnicities are Nordiac, Celtics, Germanic, greeks, slavic and so on. Caucasians or the white people don't call themselves Caucasians, they actually know their ethnicities.
This rubbish of making an area an ethnicity only exists among pushtoons.

Last edited:
What does it say on your domicile?
and what I understand the politics behind it is,
Afghanistan uses unrest in Pakistan as their insurance, if it turn otherwise.. means Pakistan has greater Pushtun population and if we start to claim that all Pushtun areas of Afghanistan belong to Pakistan, Mr. Ghani and co would be in trouble.
Luckily Pakistani leaders are busy in looting their country and Afghanistan has nothing to worry.

After 911 when Northern Alliance forces were advancing under areal bombardment of NATO, many Afghanistani bordering villages have raised Pakistani flags to show themselves in Pakistani territory, because they they didn't want to be ruled by Northern Alliance.
That was the time for Pakistan to advance her forces, but Musharraf was too busy in licking boot of Bush.

I am not a follower of Pashteen or a supporter of Bacha Khan, but traditionally Afghani is synonym for Pukhtoon. We are Afghani by ethnicity but that doesn't mean we are citizens of Afghanistan. ...

What's the proportion of Pakhtoon in Afghanistan? I mean are they majority in Afghanistan?

Accha tou aap issi liey itnay jaahil hain? :lol:
illiterate keh lain ... dil karta ha jab jab naeem bukhari ya hameed gul ko sunta tha... that they have all up to date knowledge... but bht time consuming ha... i like 'digested' info... like documentary/info video you upload..
baqi.. woh alim aor mallah wali story yad ha na... everyone is 'ignorant' in some field... :P

and what I understand the politics behind it is,
Afghanistan uses unrest in Pakistan as their insurance, if it turn otherwise.. means Pakistan has greater Pushtun population and if we start to claim that all Pushtun areas of Afghanistan belong to Pakistan, Mr. Ghani and co would be in trouble.
Luckily Pakistani leaders are busy in looting their country and Afghanistan has nothing to worry.

After 911 when Northern Alliance forces were advancing under areal bombardment of NATO, many Afghanistani bordering villages have raised Pakistani flags to show themselves in Pakistani territory, because they they didn't want to be ruled by Northern Alliance.
That was the time for Pakistan to advance her forces, but Musharraf was too busy in licking boot of Bush.

Actually the best time was straight after the withdrawal of the soviets. Pakistan's rapport was on all time high during those days. Not only would we have been one country but think of how many lives would not have been wasted due to the civil war that happened afterwards. The Durand line would not have been a problem anymore either.

But the problem is we have never had a visionary leader, and so many people have lost their lives because of that.

What's the proportion of Pakhtoon in Afghanistan? I mean are they majority in Afghanistan?

well no one has any accurate figures of the population in Afghanistan but going by estimates, the total population of Afghanistan is around 33-35 Mil out of which around 15-17Mil are Pukhtoons. So Pukhtoons are the largest ethnic group in Afghanistan but make up only around 45% of the total population.

Pakistan army along with Bengali Razakaars fought Mukti bahini only for 9 months and then surrendered and got the hell out of there. There was no time to get erection and rape the 3 Million Bengali women as claimed by Indians.
Mukti bahini kept killing,raping and massacring anyone they suspected was a Razakaar or didnt like creation of Bangladesh. Those were unruly youths with free access to weapons and nobody to answer to. You can imagine what horrendous crimes against Humanity they had done. Such as locking people inside a railway engine boiler and firing it up.
Was a daily routine on Dhaka railway station and many other railway stations, long after Pakistan army left.
No (.)instead of fighting against a civil rights movement the entire Pakistan army that were occupying Bangladesh were raping millions of bengali women and murdering millions (!) It was more important from a strategic POV for the Pakistan army to do this than rather fighting against the civil rights movement(!) Don't you know that the Pakistan army is a genocidal maniac and Pakistan should not really exist(.) An apology is not enough (.)

Latest posts

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom