What's new

Is Afghanistan really impossible to conquer?

Conquering kind of means seizing their territory. Why on earth would the US want to add Afghanistan as a state? It is nowhere near our homeland....and they hold few of our values. A place that keeps the general nuttiness down is all we want. Trust me....we don't one inch of the place, nor any in Asia or the middle-east. We are content with North America.

I saw a documentary.

Funny%2BGif%2BPictures%2Bfree%2B(3).gif

Did you served in Afghanisthan??????

Looking at the casuality rate American intervention in AF was nothing more than a walk in the park... Can you deny that??
I know. We had a harder time taking islands a few miles long in WWII. Besides...if you are having an "insurgency"....it means you lost. (think Red Dawn. if we have to have teen-agers resist....our armies failed pretty bad). Of course, my thought was once we bombed and killed a bunch, and the Talibs had to resort to shooting tourist dressed as women...leave and give them a warning about allowing their land to be used for attacks against us. But then again, leaving them to their own devices led to this in the first place....it is a hard decision.

I know. We had a harder time taking islands a few miles long in WWII. Besides...if you are having an "insurgency"....it means you lost. (think Red Dawn. if we have to have teen-agers resist....our armies failed pretty bad). Of course, my thought was once we bombed and killed a bunch, and the Talibs had to resort to shooting tourist dressed as women...leave and give them a warning about allowing their land to be used for attacks against us. But then again, leaving them to their own devices led to this in the first place....it is a hard decision.

I have the highest respect for US Armed Forces and believe if the full might of the US Army would have brought upon the Afghanistan like you did in Pacific Islands in WW2, there would have been no Afghans to resist, let alone any Talibans.

Afghanistan is more of a sort of different ethinic groups dominating different areas rather than a nation. With whom would you fight? and to whom would you defeat? Some will support you some will be against you. Who are supporting today will turn out to be enemy yesterday. How would you fight?

And most importsnat of all is for what will you fight?

Precisely,

There isn't a well marked enemy force to take down, one goes in and fights their way through to take over important cities and regions - and on the way fight whoever opposes them.

And, all the while the fighters retreat from the towns and cities into the hills from where they engage in fidayeen and guerrilla attacks.

Once a city is taken over, the people collaborate or oppose the occupying forces depending upon the treatment they receive.

The Americans and the Soviets took over large parts and many cities of Afghanistan relatively quickly, some sections of the population supported them and joined their ranks while others opposed them.

Back
Top Bottom