What's new

IRNSS 1G to be launched aboard PSLV C33.

The military will be the primary users of this network until the commerical applications become more widespread for the general public- that will require a lot of work and the GoI has no control over which manufactuers do so or when.

I never knew that, thanks for enlightening me.

The approximate service coverage of the IRNSS. The "primary service area" is marked in darker blue, while the "extended service area" is marked in lighter blue

640px-IRNSS_Coverage.png

Thanks brother so it contains all vital areas of interest including the IOR, China, Pakistan as well as the Middle East and East Africa.

It sounds like UPA funded this program from their party funds......

But Political parties do take credit (and blame too) for all policies and programs.

If RAFALE deal is closed tomorrow, obviously Modi & Parrikar would be credited for resurrecting and closing the deal.

If a political party has funded the program and have not stifled it then the party deserves credit.

Credit should be given where it deserves and belongs.

Of course the primary credit goes to all the scientific community who works with dedication and selflessness.

Wiki says 10m accuracy for irnss, it is not that much accurate if it had 10m accuracy. It may give problem for high precision strike with our cruisemisiles,i am not sure. GPS if giving less than 5m accuracy. I am not an expert hence @Water Car Engineer ,@PARIKRAMA pls give a clarification on irnss enable missiles accuracy.

But still a marvelous achievment for our militarily, they are having a reliable sat navigation.

Wiki says 10m accuracy for irnss, it is not that much accurate if it had 10m accuracy. It may give problem for high precision strike with our cruisemisiles,i am not sure. GPS if giving less than 5m accuracy. I am not an expert hence @Water Car Engineer ,@PARIKRAMA pls give a clarification on irnss enable missiles accuracy.

But still a marvelous achievment for our militarily, they are having a reliable sat navigation.

The highest precision available to Indian military will remain classified. 10m refers to what non-military users will receive in approximate positional accuracy.

The highest precision available to Indian military will remain classified. 10m refers to what non-military users will receive in approximate positional accuracy.
Public will get only 20m accuracy not 10m,10m is for military(may be bertter also)

Will GAGAN be modified to use NAVIC in addition to GPS?

Back
Top Bottom