What's new

IRIAF | News and Discussions

For once I`m actually somewhat impressed with something the airforce did,thats actually a rather neat and simple little conversion which gives the old 70s era mavericks a huge performance upgrade.
Hopefully we`ll see them do the exact same sort of upgrades to the old first gen indigenous pgms that the af developed back in the early to mid 90s,as they could certainly do with it.

My Question regarding F14 Tomcats. What type of Armament does it support? Have the engineers added any Russian Equipment capability to it and any other Upgrades to it? Considering its The A Variant and the Basic One.

Well, in vid it do not look like fire and forget.
if they put some work on it and use image processing on it , they can make it fire and forget ... the missile just have to follow the target which is going to get bigger ( even new cellphone can track target by their camera )

and look like it can't be fire at night ...

good upgrade but is not suitable for new conflict against any armed force .... its good for border conflict with some groups .. .

if they put some work on it and use image processing on it , they can make it fire and forget ... the missile just have to follow the target which is going to get bigger ( even new cellphone can track target by their camera )

and look like it can't be fire at night ...

good upgrade but is not suitable for new conflict against any armed force .... its good for border conflict with some groups .. .

It could be possible cause of the modular approach. But has this version of the F4 the abillity to prozess optical target data to the missile?

Last edited:
Is is fire and forget !?

and 16km put fighter in danger ...
The maverick was always a fire and forget weapon,once the seeker is locked onto the target it will track it automatically.
Using the new ccd seeker will have greatly improved the ranges at which a target can be spotted and the time taken to lock it up.The improvement of these 2 things reduce some of the risk to the launch aircraft.
Another thing that would improve the situation would be a modern targeting pod,as this would allow the crew to locate and select targets at longer ranges before launching the weapons.Though whether the af would put in the effort into develop something like this is anyones guess,however the irgcaf was working on one.....

For once I`m actually somewhat impressed with something the airforce did,thats actually a rather neat and simple little conversion which gives the old 70s era mavericks a huge performance upgrade.
Hopefully we`ll see them do the exact same sort of upgrades to the old first gen indigenous pgms that the af developed back in the early to mid 90s,as they could certainly do with it.
It's still the same lazy airforce, tweaking their old stuff, instead of innovating new ones suited for today or future warfares. compare it with IRGC airforce, received 10 su22, and were already testing every kind and every range of stand-off munition which you would find in modern armies, (or even wouldn't in most of them), from linking to drones, to long ramge guided bombs to air launched ballistic missiles or cruise missiles with 1500km range.

It's still the same lazy airforce, tweaking their old stuff, instead of innovating new ones suited for today or future warfares. compare it with IRGC airforce, received 10 su22, and were already testing every kind and every range of stand-off munition which you would find in modern armies, (or even wouldn't in most of them), from linking to drones, to long ramge guided bombs to air launched ballistic missiles or cruise missiles with 1500km range.
I know man,its pretty depressing sometimes,but who knows...perhaps this small step of modernising the mavericks will be the start of something bigger,I mean the af did finally start to [belatedly] take advantage of the benefits of irans huge experience in drone tech,tho it then stupidly decided to waste time and effort trying to create its own af only male class drone instead of following the navy and acquiring the combat proven shahed 129.
Unfortunately so long as you have an af that is unwilling to work with the other branches of irans military and to take full advantage of the weapons and technologies that they have developed,the iriaf will continue to be firmly stuck back in the last couple of decades of the last century trying to do things all on its own.
I honestly think that when it comes to the iriaf you kind of have to take the glass half full view,even if its actually three quarters empty. :sarcastic:

But defence ministry also have standoff weaponry and exactly which air launched cruise missile we are talking.

About agm-65 it's a good missile but honestly it's too bulky for my taste it may have it's uses because of it's large war head but honestly I prefer airforce focus on missiles like Azaraksh and Almas (maybe a stretched version of it with longer range) . So they can carry 4 missile instead of each agm-65

The maverick was always a fire and forget weapon,once the seeker is locked onto the target it will track it automatically.
Then why is it "spiraling" in the vid although the target doesnt move?

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom