What's new

IRIAF | News and Discussions

Zero is a bit exaggeration, isn't it?

Iran is already producing jet engines with different uses and mini Turbofan ones, also the required superalloys. It surely needs infras to do so. Problem is, we don't have those Items Mass produced in an industrial Scale.

Lack of will for logical reasons, lack of funding etc led to this situation.

The issue is that existing facilities just don't have the proprietary equipment needed to fabricate key components from scratch and these advanced machines would need to be brought it/built on-sight with Russian supervision, taking quite some time before even one such facility goes online. Not to mention the training of facility personnel who would need to know all the ins-and-outs.

Jets always have always been stupid expensive in every single facet of their design and construction. The more modern the plane, the more expensive it becomes.

- Metallurgy
- Training
- Raw materials
- Time
- Skilled Labor
- Runaway costs
- Quality assurance
- Testing

And many more, all compound into a national project that requires the utmost care and attention.

The issue is that existing facilities just don't have the proprietary equipment needed to fabricate key components from scratch and these advanced machines would need to be brought it/built on-sight with Russian supervision, taking quite some time before even one such facility goes online. Not to mention the training of facility personnel who would need to know all the ins-and-outs.

Jets always have always been stupid expensive in every single facet of their design and construction. The more modern the plane, the more expensive it becomes.

- Metallurgy
- Training
- Raw materials
- Time
- Skilled Labor
- Runaway costs
- Quality assurance
- Testing

And many more, all compound into a national project that requires the utmost care and attention.
the only thing hold us back is metallurgy and quality assurance

Our limitation with Ti Alloy and Turbofan (at least in a class of RD-33/93) will keep us down on modern fighter jet production at home.

With Kowsars combat suite we at least know that Iran can put out a 4.0 generation radar+avionics package. Turbofan and Ti-Alloys are the problems.

Zero is a bit exaggeration, isn't it?

Iran is already producing jet engines with different uses and mini Turbofan ones, also the required superalloys. It surely needs infras to do so. Problem is, we don't have those Items Mass produced in an industrial Scale.

Lack of will for logical reasons, lack of funding etc led to this situation.

No it’s zero for a mass production of a heavy fighter jet like SU-35 or SU-57. Zero facilities for production necessary for an engine like AL-31. Haven’t seen any indication of military grade titanium production facilities with ovens big enough to fit fighter size objects.

The Kowsar “production line” is quite frankly a tiny factory in aerospace terms. Right now everything Iran has is at “pilot level” facilites.

So again even if Russia tommorrow says we are granting Iran license to build SU-35, iran will need time and money to get the infrastructure in place.

It’s like if Pakistan licensed IR-2 (P-2) to Iran. Great now Iran has instructions and ToT knowledge to build P-2. But it had to then build centrifuge workshops, yellowcake facilities, enrichment plants, uranium reprocessing facilities, etc etc.

Our limitation with Ti Alloy and Turbofan (at least in a class of RD-33/93) will keep us down on modern fighter jet production at home.

With Kowsars combat suite we at least know that Iran can put out a 4.0 generation radar+avionics package. Turbofan and Ti-Alloys are the problems.

Radar sucks. Iran hasn’t shown any capacity to build a long range PESA let alone AESA radar.

Avionics? Besides a few LCD screens and digital instruments, I would hardly call that an “avionics” package. Mostly superficial.

This civilian engineer rebuilt a working replica of the F-35 cockpit with less than $50K

1649892582189.jpeg

1649892602426.jpeg

Doesn’t mean he is ready to build a 5th Gen “avionics” suite or anything close to the electronics performance of an F-35

That's why Iran has a combined arms doctrine which includes the use of saturation attacks using drones, missiles. Jets can't fly without facilities at airbases intact.

UAE on its own is hopeless against Iran. Iran has strategic depth. All of UAE's airbases are confined into a tiny area. Easy target

Egypt is too far from Iran. Not to mention a few missile strikes could easily cripple the Suez Canal,

Turkey is bankrupt, 60% inflation, 2/3rd of people now using Euros and USDs for cash transactions.

Israel doesn't share borders with Iran and if they could have they would have already attacked Iran. Look what Hamas did to them last time just from Gaza, saturating the airspace with short range Katushas. They don't want Iranian missiles raining down on them.

India should be worried about the upcoming war with Pakistan/China. If the Chinese manage to take the Siliguri corridor (chickens neck) which is right by the Chinese border, it's game over for India. India on the other hand has no such option against China.

The fact that your borders were drawn by the British will leave you at a strategic disadvantage forever.

IRIAF in its current form would not even last long against UAE air force, let alone Egypt, Turkey or Israel.

IRIAF in its current form would not even last long against UAE air force, let alone Egypt, Turkey or Israel.
Yeah but only if IRIAF fights isolated. But the battle will be done with combined arms.
We have also strong Air Defence , Missiles wich can destroy any airfield , drones en Masse (cheap and low level to high level stealth) , cruise missiles and a lot of other stuff.

Than there is motivation and morale level in the armies and in the people. The Other point is that UAE is dependent to imports. Iran can cut Saudi Arabia and UAE completely from any kind of imports, also food, medicine and and and. Iranian missiles are capable of cutting Dubai completely off, also snipping out whole electricity and water supply. Let’s see what they do when Saudi or UAE don’t have any electricity and water in the middle of 50 degree hot Summer without and kind of supply.
Think airforce is their least problem

Iran needs to worry about itself.

Indian Navy:
Photo of India's new Aircraft Carrier Battle Group. Better than China's? -  The Aviationist's new Aircraft Carrier Battle Group. Better than China's? -  The Aviationist

Iran Navy:
IRGC Navy equipped with 340 new speedboats

LOL

Indian air force:
Indian Air Force Foundation Day: Significance, date and all you need to know

Iranian air force:

Iranian Air Force veterans stage a protest - The Frontier Post

Hehe

Iran

1649979918724.jpeg

India

1649979960087.jpeg

Unless you managed to make your airplanes, ship, cars run on curry.....India has ZERO energy independence which means no war without its colonial masters approval. Also China on one side and Pakistan on the other.

Lastly, what would Iran even want with India? It’s like invading the Sahara.

Iran needs to worry about itself.

Indian Navy:
Photo of India's new Aircraft Carrier Battle Group. Better than China's? -  The Aviationist's new Aircraft Carrier Battle Group. Better than China's? -  The Aviationist

Iran Navy:
IRGC Navy equipped with 340 new speedboats

LOL

Indian air force:
Indian Air Force Foundation Day: Significance, date and all you need to know

Iranian air force:

Iranian Air Force veterans stage a protest - The Frontier Post

Hehe
Dunno why you dragged Iran in your reply???

"Your stupid moves" refers obviously to China (want me to post your captured and beated soldiers ?) And Pakistan (want me to post your captured pilot picture?)

So my reply to your statement (India not going to war) still stands, unless you refrain from doing stupid moves, you are not safe from war, specially lately your government was going quite stupid ....

I made a honest comment and all the Iranian members got so triggered lol. You only look at Iran's strength and not weakness. Iran has a lot of weakness. Iran air force is the weakest in the region. Iran's navy is pathetic.

Without air superiority, Iran's navy would be left almost totally vulnerable to air attack. The task is easy actually. Look at how the USA humiliated Iran in "Operation Praying Mantis". Dozens of Iranian frigates destroyed, many speedboats, 2 F-4 fighters and 56 sailors killed. Today would be no different.

This is the reason Iran relies on proxies.

To Mr.TheImmortal Israel regularly bombs and kills Iranian forces in Syria. They kill your nuclear scientis inside Iran left, right and center. This is being done by a country that has a population smaller than Tehran. The USA "blasted" your most powerful general from the face of the earth. Iran did nothing but bark. I am glad India is not like this. The USA literally slaughtered 50+ your soldiers like animals in Operation Praying Mantis. You did nothing.... Do I need to say more?

Dunno why you dragged Iran in your reply???
Was meant to Shah

You know,if it had been me,I would`ve immolated my boss for daring to make such an insulting request like that.
I certainly wouldnt have torched myself,thats just retarded....🤪

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom