What's new

IRIAF | News and Discussions

it's the mig-35 that really interests and not the S-30

Iran: Air Fleet Optimization with Russian MIG-35s

The military watch magazine's analytical website, which discusses military intelligence on the international scene, announced on Thursday 5 September the possible decision of five countries, including Iran, to buy the new Russian-made MIG-35 fighter.

"Five countries - Iran, India, Belarus and North Korea - would be important and potential customers of the new Russian MIG-35 fighter," reads the report.

The acquisition of the Russian MiG-35 would maximize its potential after several decades.

Modern air-to-air missile fighter equipment, particularly the K-77, and powerful sensors, range, and maneuverability will go a long way towards closing the current gap with other fighters deployed in the region, such as the F-1. -35 Israeli and the Saudi F-15.

The MIG-35 could replace aging American equipment, such as the F-5 and F-4 jets, which have been in use for more than 40 years.
actually i asked from someone with enough knowledge regarding this matter and he said first mig-35 would not add any strategic weight to IRIAF unlike su-30 and also the only foreign operator of it currently is Egypt. on the other hand all of su-30 operators have good relationship with us.

actually they are not that bad specially price wise, i have been reading about the j-10's fuel capacity, aerodynamics and other stuff and i should say it's good. the reason Iran wants Russian su-30 is the availability of it's spare parts and the fact that it's 100% Russian and only Russia can refuse to help or sell to us, unlike j-10.
however i think fc-31 is worth to buy. at least against enemy 4th generation it has an edge.

What “you” think and what a professional military like Artesh thinks are two different worlds.

Iran’s military does not like Chinese fighters, they have gone there, they have tested them they have researched them. They are not satisfied.

Several articles have quoted Iranian officials saying as much.

Comparing Sukhoi to a Chinese jet manufacturing is a joke. It’s like comparing Mercedes to Iran Khodro.

It doesn’t matter what level of “parity” Iran khodro could reach against Mercedes. Mercedes still wins.

So the reason why Iran wants Sukhoi is because they are one of the best and most reliable fighter jet company in the world. They literally have squaushed MiG in Russia and the world.

When you are talking about a potential 30+ billion dollar arms deal, these things matter.

Without major TOT and co-manufacturing. Iran would be stupid to buy Chinese fighter jets.

What “you” think and what a professional military like Artesh thinks are two different worlds.

Iran’s military does not like Chinese fighters, they have gone there, they have tested them they have researched them. They are not satisfied.

Several articles have quoted Iranian officials saying as much.

Comparing Sukhoi to a Chinese jet manufacturing is a joke. It’s like comparing Mercedes to Iran Khodro.

It doesn’t matter what level of “parity” Iran khodro could reach against Mercedes. Mercedes still wins.

So the reason why Iran wants Sukhoi is because they are one of the best and most reliable fighter jet company in the world. They literally have squaushed MiG in Russia and the world.

When you are talking about a potential 30+ billion dollar arms deal, these things matter.

Without major TOT and co-manufacturing. Iran would be stupid to buy Chinese fighter jets.
well I still believe what i said was true, the J-10 is not that bad plane regarding it's aerodynamics, internal fuel capacity and specially the unit price comparing to the euro canards. the only parts that it lags is the avionics and radar.
regarding what IRIAF thinks I'm sure they wouldn't acquire j-10 because as i said they are not interested in mig-35 either (I'm assuming they want a multi role with a long range and serious anti ship capability). i just wanted to clear the fact that J-10 is not that bad people think it is.
and about the fc-31 (with or with out a TOT) again i think it has a edge against 4th generations as they will not be able to detect it while it will.

I really like Mig 35 and there is some falsity here. It's an excellent multirole plane

• Range: 2,400 km (1,500 mi, 1,300 nmi) [79]
  • Combat range: 1,000 km (620 mi, 540 nmi)
  • Ferry range: 3,100 km (1,900 mi, 1,700 nmi) With 3 external fuel tanks
6,000 km (3,700 mi; 3,200 nmi) with aerial refuelling[80]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mikoyan_MiG-35

Just focus on the combat range, the ferry range means nothing when talking about fighter planes when they are used in combat. And this combat range is almost the same as the mig-29, but other planes have longer ranges and are much better for iran because of the size of the panda they have to cover.
And the su-30 can carry a bigger payload that the mig-35, that's why I prefer the su-30.

I really like Mig 35 and there is some falsity here. It's an excellent multirole plane

F-5 also provide the same ferry range with 3 drop tank but it's combat range is 120 nmi (140 mi; 220 km) with 2x Sidewinders + 5,200 lb (2,400 kg) ordnance, with 5 minutes combat at max power at sea level
that 1000km combat range of F-35 is cheating as that didn't include 20min reserve and 5min combat at full power otherwise it would have been a lot less

F-5 also provide the same ferry range with 3 drop tank but it's combat range is 120 nmi (140 mi; 220 km) with 2x Sidewinders + 5,200 lb (2,400 kg) ordnance, with 5 minutes combat at max power at sea level
that 1000km combat range of F-35 is cheating as that didn't include 20min reserve and 5min combat at full power otherwise it would have been a lot less
the most important part is if you add external fuel tank to mig-35 you will lose useful payload and it means you have to fly more planes to achieve the goal and also risk your plane and pilot life. on the other hand su-30 does not have any external fuel tank because it carries almost 10 tons of fuel inside the structure and has 12 pylons.

Yes,its certainly a huge improvement over the old limited mig29....However,when it comes to value for money the su30 is not much more expensive than the mig35 but its a hell of a lot more machine for the money.Ultimately when it comes down to it the mig35 is a medium weight machine while the su30 is a heavyweight.
Theres a reason why mig hasnt sold very many of these and its a simple one,the su30 just has so much more to offer for the money.Now in irans case the iriaf needs a new fighter with long range and a lot of carrying capacity,it needs something that can augment and ultimately replace the f14 fleet and about the only thing that really fits the bill is the su30,it also has the added advantage of being a genuine multirole machine as well.

Yes,its certainly a huge improvement over the old limited mig29....However,when it comes to value for money the su30 is not much more expensive than the mig35 but its a hell of a lot more machine for the money.Ultimately when it comes down to it the mig35 is a medium weight machine while the su30 is a heavyweight.
Theres a reason why mig hasnt sold very many of these and its a simple one,the su30 just has so much more to offer for the money.Now in irans case the iriaf needs a new fighter with long range and a lot of carrying capacity,it needs something that can augment and ultimately replace the f14 fleet and about the only thing that really fits the bill is the su30,it also has the added advantage of being a genuine multirole machine as well.

However, it must be pointed out that it has not sold much because it has only recently become operational

MIG-35 is not worthy.Last I heard, people weren’t sastified and switched to Sukohi. So why should Iran pick it up.

Mig cannot compete with Sukohi anymore. The Mig of today is not the Mig of the Soviet era.

They still haven’t presented a valid 5th gen fighter to Russia after all these years.

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom