What's new

IRIAF | News and Discussions

Again on this forum, many people speculate and say anything. Iran is more advanced than you think in fighter jets. Kowsar and F-4 SM are very advanced. You underestimate the advancement of Iran in fighter planes and I think it's pretty great. The process of Iran is very clever and methodical and deceitfully deceives their detractors. For the new cell, it's not going to take a decade, you do not understand anything lollll

guys i would like to know your opinion about this:
View attachment 544550
we all know that iran will not make a heavy platform any time soon atleast for one decade. also we all know that we are able to produce f-5 tiger platform with it's engine and all the other stuff. so suddenly an idea came to my mind. what if we use the same type of wing that US put on it's f-16s?? the results and performance of f-16xl comparing to an ordinary falcon was stunnishing.
the XL was capable carrying 80% more fuel, it had 27 pylons, it was able to carry twice the ordnance of f-16 and deliver it 40% further, it's lift/drag ratio was 25% better than f-16 in supersonic and 11% in subsonic speeds, the test pilot stated that f-16XL was easy and smooth to handle compare to f-16.
so the question is: are we able to make something like that with f-5 and will we??
at the end i maded this for better visualization:
View attachment 544559

The F-5 engines are too weak and because of that the negative impact of added weight on the wings far outweighs any notable increase you'll get in performance by changing the design in such a significant way...
Also you should remember that the F-5 landing gears use the flexibility of the wings for landing allowing for a much lighter landing gears and they also fold under the fuselage so changing the wing location like that would also effect the landing gear and likely require much heavier landing gears

And all and all I would say one of the top negative aspects of the F-5 "platform" not including the sensor pkg is lack of combat Range & payload (Range of the aircraft with sufficient amount of weapons payload)

I personally think what Iran needs to do when it comes to it's F-5's is the Kowsar upgrades + the development of lighter PGM to go with them.

I believe when it comes to the F-5's IRIAF needs to take a good look at the targets they would wanna take out using the F-5 platform and increase the Aircrafts fire power by building the lightest PGM possible to achieve that task that's built around pylons that can carry an increase number of lighter weapons on each pylon....

For example If you wanna use the F-5 against Tanks, armored battalions, radars, or any un-bunkered military equipment then you need to build a lighter PGM with it's own jet engine built in a way where a single F-5 pylon can carry a significant amount and hit it's targets from outside the range of short to mid range SAM systems protecting them with the ability to detect, target & hit a significant number of targets as fast as possible from a manageable distance...
And that's a capability that's currently lacking in Iranian F-5's that's far more vital than the wing design

actually i quote a pilot words and i didn't speculate. according to him we suck at jet propulsion that's why we are stuck with j85. there is no f-4sm there is the doran project which they refer as block 48. yes we can build something like f-14, as the pilot said we are able to produce 70% of its components locally but being able does not mean it would be economically accepted to really build it. we don't have the infrastructure to build heavy fighter jets again according to him not me.

The F-5 engines are too weak
i know that wing would increase the overall weight but that point goes for the f-16 too but on the contrary it improved the lift/drag ratio which means the plane would travel faster than an ordinary f-16
I personally think what Iran needs to do when it comes to it's F-5's is the Kowsar upgrades + the development of lighter PGM to go with them.
swear to god we need something like SDB bombs im verywell aware of that. but you know i think the kowsar is a training plane rather a fighter/bomber.

guys i would like to know your opinion about this:
View attachment 544550
we all know that iran will not make a heavy platform any time soon atleast for one decade. also we all know that we are able to produce f-5 tiger platform with it's engine and all the other stuff. so suddenly an idea came to my mind. what if we use the same type of wing that US put on it's f-16s?? the results and performance of f-16xl comparing to an ordinary falcon was stunnishing.
the XL was capable carrying 80% more fuel, it had 27 pylons, it was able to carry twice the ordnance of f-16 and deliver it 40% further, it's lift/drag ratio was 25% better than f-16 in supersonic and 11% in subsonic speeds, the test pilot stated that f-16XL was easy and smooth to handle compare to f-16.
so the question is: are we able to make something like that with f-5 and will we??
at the end i maded this for better visualization:
View attachment 544559
Interestingly prior to the f16xl,the russians modified 2 mig21s to produce the mig21 analogue.This was originally done as a test bed for the wing design of the tu144 sst,but the russians found that it considerably improved some of the performance aspects of the mig21.
I wonder if it would be worth trying it out on the crappy old f7s that iran has.
JjNlOCYCnZkif-6CjJpioSBmaZKtgRMXWCqFbPEZrM0.jpg

Two-seater Kowsar (true photo)
and playing with images with photoshop
single-seater kowsar with elongated fuselage of the two-seater
single-seater kowsar with elongated fuselage and wing type F-16XL - however maintaining engine air intakes, as the Mithridates user had designed

eYNhopZ.jpg

For Iran, it’s less of a risk to just buy Russian aircraft as long as it has assurances its domestic industry can keep them flying in case of dispute with Russia.

Thus Iran airforce is unlikely to give any iran fighter jet a solid look. They want foreign fighters plain and simple.

Now IRGC could decide to back an Iranian fighter given their revolutionary philosophy. Only caveat is IRGC doesn’t place value on air support, but supposedly that changed after realities of Syrian war. I’m skeptical.

Airforce will likely not be touched till Iran has finished modernizing other areas of the military as well as being more economically prosperous. Cost of Syrian war and resumption of sanctions have put a damper on the war chest. Airforce requires significant amounts of money.

F-4s+

Are you wondering how is that our old F-4s are still flying ? Because these aren't American F-4s anymore these are Iranian-made F-4s ... the whole body the whole segments ... we've acquired the science of designing
Iran source

New cell
New cockpit
New radar
New electronics

They would have a new engine that they would later say as usual loll. This new F-4 that we present in the face without really saying it is really funny for me.
The announcement process of the Iranian army, I find it intelligent and misleading at the same time.

I know this forum for years and none seems to have seen this famous f-4S +. This famous f-4 would be the bridge between the new heavy combat aircraft with a new cell and new modern element. They presented it in videos, I find it very funny because nobody seems to have observed

View attachment 537374 View attachment 537375

The F4-SM is already a reality in several copies. The new engine is already a reality but it seems that you have great difficulty understanding the announcement process about military novelty. They are almost always ahead of their military orders, that's what you need to understand

The F4-SM is already a reality in several copies. The new engine is already a reality but it seems that you have great difficulty understanding the announcement process about military novelty. They are almost always ahead of their military orders, that's what you need to understand

You simply don’t get it.

First off the airforce doesn’t even like the F-4 that much, they like the F-5. Secondly the F-4 is a terrible platform to waste your money on into the future.

Please provide proof of your claims of “several” copies of F-4 SM outside of the usual widely known claim of Chinese assistance over 5 years ago.

Lastly there are “several” copies of Saeghe, Saeghe II, Kowsar. Doesn’t mean they are any closer to mass production of F-5s

Airforce is hedging it’s bets on 2020 embargo coming off. They don’t want junk from 1970s.

Even India “heavily” modernized its decades old MiG-21 and yet an F-16 had no trouble shooting it down.

Put as much lipstick you want on a PIG it’s still a pig.

i know that wing would increase the overall weight but that point goes for the f-16 too but on the contrary it improved the lift/drag ratio which means the plane would travel faster than an ordinary f-16
come on look at the different of power between J-85-21b compared to F110-GE-129 or F110-GE-132

Two-seater Kowsar (true photo)
and playing with images with photoshop
single-seater kowsar with elongated fuselage of the two-seater
single-seater kowsar with elongated fuselage and wing type F-16XL - however maintaining engine air intakes, as the Mithridates user had designed

eYNhopZ.jpg
I wonder why you guys combine cranked arrow delta wing with Ogival delta wing and made it complex , why not just go with the cranked arrow design ? do you guys want to make a bomber out of it ?

Even India “heavily” modernized its decades old MiG-21 and yet an F-16 had no trouble shooting it down.

Put as much lipstick you want on a PIG it’s still a pig.
Well, if you ask Indians, they say their MIG21 has shot down Pakistani F16.
Though it doesn't mean mig21 has BVR capability.

Well, if you ask Indians, they say their MIG21 has shot down Pakistani F16.
Though it doesn't mean mig21 has BVR capability.

One side had a pilot the other side had propaganda.

Who you going to believe?

One side had a pilot the other side had propaganda.

Who you going to believe?
Indians had their own evidences too, from the beginning, Indians claimed they have shot down a Pakistani F16, But Pakistan denied and claimed they haven't used F16 at all (it was against their deal with U.S), Pakistani officials claimed they had captured two Indian pilots and the second one is critically injured and is in hospital.

Later India displayed the debris of an AIM120 missile (suggesting Pakistanis were lying), while Pakistani officials changed their word and said only one Indian pilot has been captured, confirming Indian's claim that Pakistanis have mistaken their own crashed pilot as an Indian pilot.

And I got a negative rating for reaching this conclusion on a Pakistani forum! :D

Indians had their own evidences too, from the beginning, Indians claimed they have shot down a Pakistani F16, But Pakistan denied and claimed they haven't used F16 at all (it was against their deal with U.S), Pakistani officials claimed they had captured two Indian pilots and the second one is critically injured and is in hospital.

Later India displayed the debris of an AIM120 missile (suggesting Pakistanis were lying), while Pakistani officials changed their word and said only one Indian pilot has been captured, confirming Indian's claim that Pakistanis have mistaken their own crashed pilot as an Indian pilot.

And I got a negative rating for reaching this conclusion on a Pakistani forum! :D

Without a pilot or wreckage of jet, India has nothing.

Again show me physical evidence.

Just like every time Syria claims to have shot down an Israeli fighter. Out of all the times only once was there evidence to back it up.

During conflict both sides come with propaganda and exaggeration of claims to inflate the capability of their armed forces.

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom