What's new

IRIAF | News and Discussions

I wonder where in Israel you're located. You're obviously more than a casual observer here. You must be very low on the Totem pole if you're assigned to this forum...Now I'm LMAO.

have u seen some of my comments about jews and israel? lmao

AmirPatriot,

To be even more accurate:

Russian designer Fatadin Mukhamedov founded a small design bureau that, among other things, designed an advanced trainer to compete with the MiG-AT and Yak-130, called the M-AT or "Integral". This was made public around 1998.

Shortly there after, the design is seen in Iran as the "Shafagh", in which at least some redesign was considered. There is talk of a 2xJ85 powered variant instead of the original RD-33 (non after-burning) configuration (I believe the only sources is from an edition of Jane's all the World's Aircraft but I could be wrong). We also know a chin-mounted intake (similar to a F-16's) was considered (see attached, courtesy the folks at ACIG).
shafagh.jpg

So clearly, the advanced trainer design made it to Iran and was likely worked on jointly to some degree (original Russian design being tweaked by Iranian engineers to fit their specific needs). Given how small his company was, his chances of winning the trainer contract in Russia were likely always slim, regardless of how good his design was, so he likely accepted a pitch from Iranian aviation folks to come there and continue his work.

In the end, only a wooden mock-up was ever built in Iran.

The "swept wing Shafagh" was in fact a related/but separate design referred to variously as the M-ATF, MMF, or Vityaz. The original patent for this particular design is still out there and refers to it simply as a "Multifunctional Fighter".
https://worldwide.espacenet.com/pub...10816&DB=worldwide.espacenet.com&locale=en_EP
(see page 13-15 for the actual drawings)

have u seen some of my comments about jews and israel? lmao
Indeed and I just did. My apologies, you're a retired military reservists right-wing nut job, you're living on a pig farm in the middle of N. Dakota. Probably sitting on old wood colonial furniture typing this on a desktop computer under the "Don't tread on me" flag. You're also glowing about the fact Trump won so he can finally take your country back from the Blacks, Jews and Muzzies. So you just happen to drop in here to see what them damn I-ranians are cooking up.

Last edited:
That is a beautiful paint job on the Tom-cat. I seriously hope that Iran chooses a great paint job such as this one for their future Su-30s.
Not a big fan of the patterns on the mig-29s though.
I've just heard from someone in IRIG that Iran has bought some fighters from China(in wooden boxes) and Pakistan and Russia (mig 29 from what he says)
He also says that Pakistan and Chinese jets are not so reliable.

Last edited:
Iran buying jets. Highly doubt it. Still under arms embargo.

Although I am hoping some sort of modernization program gets underway soon.

Back
Top Bottom