What's new

IRIAF | News and Discussions

A good point is that the helmet could actually be for helicopters, ala Apache. That would actually make a bit more sense considering Iranian heliborne weapons and systems development is ahead of their fixed-wing counterparts. Could be used on deeply upgraded Cobras or Shahed-216 (if it's ever finished).
Copyright%20Thales%20TopOwl%20Digital%20Display%20Helmet%20Mounted%20Display%20Helicoptere%20JPG.jpg
This is a good point Amir..The last project that Hughes Aircraft had started with IEI (this is 1978..installation of hardware was almost done in the Lab) just before revolution happened was a pilot's Helmet mounted Tracking of Target where the Telescopic Sight Unit (EO ball of today version) and the cannon would follow the direction of pilots helmet in Iranian Cobras..So you can guess 43 years later we now have HMDS and sensors will direct the pilot where to look !!and Cobras will get it first...:-)

Last edited:
More of the Interview Translations:
iei-jpg.926302

• To save space,weight and power we have converted 17 aircraft subsystems electronic boxes (LRUs) into "electronic rack mountable boards" where each board is replaceable with any other board and in case of failure board swaps are done automatically without the need for pilot intervention.:o:
  • Aircraft mission system is now fully autonomous and will select best weapons for a threat leaving the pilot to fly the aircraft. This will also allow to only need one pilot per aircraft
  • Lots of info on Electronic counter measure pods but I am not familiar with this domain so I will not translate.
  • We are being attacked by enemy Quad copters and we have neutralized their attacks but our work in this area will continoue.

Last edited:
More of the Interview Translations:
iei-jpg.926302

• To save space,weight and power we have converted 17 aircraft subsystems electronic boxes (LRUs) into "electronic rack mountable boards" where each board is replaceable with any other board and in case of failure board swaps are done automatically without the need for pilot intervention.:o:
  • Aircraft mission system is now fully autonomous and will select best weapons for a threat leaving the pilot to fly the aircraft. This will also allow to only need one pilot per aircraft
  • Lots of info on Electronic counter measure pods but I am not familiar with this domain so I will not translate.
  • We are being attacked by enemy Quad copters and we have neutralized their attacks but our work in this area will continoue.
Could you send the link of the interview

Could you send the link of the interview

More of the Interview in a new clip:

Kousar is a upgraded for f5 fighter jets.

We have plan of producing 5th generation fighter jets.

(its different from qaher uav)

The people of this forum laughed at me when I said that they will make a 5th generation aircraft through the Kowsar and the F-4 without forgetting the particular work on the F-313 which will not be just a drone.

The important thing is to see the mastery of the radar and the new electronic components of the Kowsar to receive new missiles. With a kowsar 2 or other name with a new configuration of the wings will be fascinating as advanced. There is an artificial intelligence component in el Kowsar which is related to drones.

Often ridiculed on this forum, the Kowsar will become a very powerful aircraft in its category. The patient intelligence of Iranians with a brilliant vision of things will go a long way.

And imagine as a first in the world, a remote-controlled seaplane with weapons, bomb and missile:coffee:

Nothing particularly new besides the helmet. We knew about F-4 upgrade and we knew about F-5 upgrade to radar as we guessed the particular class for F-5 based on stats provided.

Again Iran said “phased array Radar” or at least that’s the translation so likely PESA rather than AESA. Iran still lacking AESA radar let alone long range AESA radar. F-35 and F-22 are 200KM or greater in range.

As for electronic pod and subsystems improvements. Lack of details will keep me skeptical. Until you start showing off your tech or providing real stats on them, it’s hard to quantify what generation the tech is.

No reason for secrecy, if Iran shares details on its surface ships, missiles, UAVs, etc then no reason they wouldn’t tell us about how their Air Force achievements perform.

More of the Interview in a new clip:

Kousar is a upgraded for f5 fighter jets.

we knew that for years

We have plan of producing 5th generation fighter jets.
(its different from qaher uav)

Again we knew that for years they are building medium and heavy fighters. “Plan” is the key word. Turkey is almost at Taxi stage and Iran is still at “plan”

Also telling was not a single update on the domestic medium/heavy jet engine project. No 5th Gen fighter without a RD-33 to AL-31 class engine.

Nothing particularly new besides the helmet. We knew about F-4 upgrade and we knew about F-5 upgrade to radar as we guessed the particular class for F-5 based on stats provided.
the radar on f-4 and kowsar were slated x-band dopler radar , now they are talking about AESA radar . that's a huge upgrade
Again Iran said “phased array Radar” or at least that’s the translation so likely PESA rather than AESA. Iran still lacking AESA radar let alone long range AESA radar. F-35 and F-22 are 200KM or greater in range.
iran don't lack AESA radar , it lack airborne AESA radar . now it seam they are compensating it .
and even if its PESA radar its still upgrade from what we already have and is another step in right direction which is building our indigenous Airborne AESA radar

If you are following Iran military news as long as me , then you know there is a syndrome among Iranian official calked 'microphone syndrome' ...

When they see a microphone , they start to says bullshits which after years you will found out almost every word was is baseless and dream ....

The people of this forum laughed at me when I said that they will make a 5th generation aircraft through the Kowsar and the F-4 without forgetting the particular work on the F-313 which will not be just a drone.

The important thing is to see the mastery of the radar and the new electronic components of the Kowsar to receive new missiles. With a kowsar 2 or other name with a new configuration of the wings will be fascinating as advanced. There is an artificial intelligence component in el Kowsar which is related to drones.

Often ridiculed on this forum, the Kowsar will become a very powerful aircraft in its category. The patient intelligence of Iranians with a brilliant vision of things will go a long way.

And imagine as a first in the world, a remote-controlled seaplane with weapons, bomb and missile:coffee:
I still laugh at your naiveness

If you are following Iran military news as long as me , then you know there is a syndrome among Iranian official calked 'microphone syndrome' ...

When they see a microphone , they start to says bullshits which after years you will found out almost every word was is baseless and dream ....

I laugh at your lack of vision, lack of intuition and observation. Iranian scientists are advancing more than you think, they have gone further than you think, but you have stagnated. You still haven't understood the announcement process in Iran's military affairs. But with the spectacular advances of the last few years, you will see spectacular announcements to come.

Remember the big red jet drone, it's not officially presented but they've been working on it for years. It's the same for other items like new engines. Yes the way to upgrade the Kowsar is very smart and it is on its way to becoming an amazing fighter in its class. And we will see for the seaplane so I speak in the future.

Is he basically just referring to a large drone or just cargo plane refitted to carry weapons also remote controlled planes aren’t anything new been around since world war 2, would work well enough on static targets guessing not to well on an adversary because of large size,unless it’s the most advanced advanced advanced AI controlled 7 generation military aircraft in the world sorry I’m making fun of 👁️ guy he makes very vague statements and if something comes out even 1% saying I told you so guys see see, some guy who lives in Canada doesn’t have insider knowledge on Iranian military like he hints at and if he did I would think Canada would have an 👁️ on him. Also @OldTwilight he’s one of the guys I have on ignore silly posts aren’t worth reading as much as pretentious posts.

Iranian airline proposes to open an aviation hub in Dagestan

Representatives of the Iranian airline consider Dagestan as a region, due to its geographical location, suitable for opening a new aviation hub. The hub will include, among other things, an aircraft repair facility. This was reported by the press service of the government of the republic.

During the meeting of the Prime Minister of Dagestan Abdulmuslim Abdulmuslimov with representatives of the Iranian airline Private joint stock company "Pars Golden Sky", the Iranian side made a proposal to open a new aviation hub The project also includes the creation of an aircraft and spare parts repair facility and the organization of a cargo hub. The Iranian authorities consider Dagestan as the Russian region most suitable for the creation of this facility due to its territorial proximity.

It is assumed that the implementation of this project will increase the number of international flights and destinations available for passenger and cargo transportation. New jobs will also be created, and new investments will be attracted to the region.

The Iranian company also expressed its readiness to provide its certified personnel, as well as its equipment and management system for the creation of this maintenance organization.

In response, the Government of the Republic of Dagestan proposed a set of measures aimed at supporting an international company

the radar on f-4 and kowsar were slated x-band dopler radar , now they are talking about AESA radar . that's a huge upgrade

“Talking” about AESA radar. Why not show it?

I also remember the last time they claimed that a single F-14 was flying with domestic produced engine.

Air Force “talks” a lot along with Navy and Space Force.

If I had a toman for every time one of these branches “talked”, I could own half the companies in Iran.

iran don't lack AESA radar , it lack airborne AESA radar .

Clearly that was what I ment. Everyone knows Iran has ground based AESA. Thank you for pointing out the obvious. Let me know once you figure out H2O is also another way to say water.

now it seam they are compensating it .
and even if its PESA radar its still upgrade from what we already have and is another step in right direction which is building our indigenous Airborne AESA radar

No it is not an upgrade when the platform is a 1960’s F-4 and a modernized F-5. These things will be shot out of the sky before they can even get close to a Rafael, F-16, F-18. Let’s not even talk about F-35 or F-22 as that is just laughable.

These are desperate measures taken to keep these antique planes somewhat releavent. Yet no realizes how old these airframes are and the fatigue and cracks they have suffered. So what good is an upgraded F-4 that cannot be depended on for 100+ sorties a day without going into the shop or falling out of the sky?

Iran is lagging Turkey in the R&D of Air Force by about 15-20 years. That is simply unacceptable.

Turkey already has unmanned fighter jet in trial testing and now 5th Gen fighter and flying wing designed UAVs. Iran claims Qaher will be unmanned fighter jet. It’s been 10 years. Where is it?

Iran in the field of Navy, Air Force, and Space is a disgrace to this prestigious nation. The generals should have been fired a long time ago and sent to pasture to collect retirement. New forward thinking minds need to reach upper management.

Back
Top Bottom