What's new

IRIAF | News and Discussions

If it is true then why it was announced by him?where is our DOD minister .. and if it was a secret then why again he unveiled it before being delivered? sounds bs.
Ummm... what?

How did thus fly under the radar, it just can't be true or at least it's some sort of error in reporting/translation.
تا نباشد چیزکی مردم نگویند چیزها!

sorry @BlueInGreen2 can you read Persian? What I said above is a proverb that says "people wouldn't talk about it if there weren't anything happening"

It is reasonable for Iran to seal the deal as soon as possible just like it did with the passenger aircrafts. No one knows how long current status quo will last and having a good number of potent SU 30 SM in their arsenal will raise the bar again for any unfriendly nation who is fantasizing about things they shouldn't. At the very least, it will put our friends who are too proud of their AF in their place. This is a nice article:

http://nationalinterest.org/blog/th...eagle-vs-russias-su-35-fighter-who-wins-13815

i wish those butties cames to iran as soon as possible and iran going to build su-30 in our dear homeland IRAN
زنده باد ایران
but we must make our own fighter jet bc WE CAN DO THAT if those cowards people let them

A member of Iranian Parliament National Security Council says a number of Su30 SM will be delivered to Iran in coming days!

http://www.mashreghnews.ir/fa/news/696886/فلاحت-پیشه-جنگنده-های-سوخو-30-در-چند-روز-آینده-به-ایران-تحویل-می-شود

WTF??!! When did they even sign the contract?

I am highly doubtful of this.

• There has not been any confirmation by the people you would expect - Defence Minister, President, IRIAF commander etc.
  • There has not been any recent consultation between Iranian and Russian defence officials of any level, as there was a few months ago between the defence ministers of both countries, and when negotiations between the two countries on the Su-30 was officially confirmed.
  • Delivering aircraft before 2021 would be a breach of UNSC 2231, something I don't think Russia would do. Just negotiating or signing a contract however, would not.
It's too sudden. It doesn't make sense. It may be that this MP is simply seeking attention.

تا نباشد چیزکی مردم نگویند چیزها!

sorry @BlueInGreen2 can you read Persian? What I said above is a proverb that says "people wouldn't talk about it if there weren't anything happening"

It is reasonable for Iran to seal the deal as soon as possible just like it did with the passenger aircrafts. No one knows how long current status quo will last and having a good number of potent SU 30 SM in their arsenal will raise the bar again for any unfriendly nation who is fantasizing about things they shouldn't. At the very least, it will put our friends who are too proud of their AF in their place. This is a nice article:

http://nationalinterest.org/blog/th...eagle-vs-russias-su-35-fighter-who-wins-13815
I hope it would be true but even with the current status quo sealing the deal to deliver these birds is against the UNSC resolution & remember we talk about Russians ..

• There has not been any confirmation by the people you would expect - Defence Minister, President, IRIAF commander etc.
  • There has not been any recent consultation between Iranian and Russian defence officials of any level, as there was a few months ago between the defence ministers of both countries, and when negotiations between the two countries on the Su-30 was officially confirmed.
  • Delivering aircraft before 2021 would be a breach of UNSC 2231, something I don't think Russia would do. Just negotiating or signing a contract however, would not.
It's too sudden. It doesn't make sense. It may be that this MP is simply seeking attention.

There is a caveat to UNSC 2231 resolution:

http://www.un.org/en/sc/2231/restrictions-arms.shtml

How long will the restrictions on arms-related transfers apply?
These restrictions on arms-related transfers shall apply until the date five years after the JCPOA Adoption Day (18 October 2015) or until the date on which the IAEA submits a report confirming the Broader Conclusion, whichever is earlier.

Not sure what Broader Conclusion means but starting with capital letters means it has a legal description. Could it be the recent report from IAEA considering Iran totally compatible with the requirements of UNSC 2231?

I hope it would be true but even with the current status quo sealing the deal to deliver these birds is against the UNSC resolution & remember we talk about Russians ..
Please see above.

I know but having lost all its traditional allies in Eastern Europe to NATO, it is in Russia's best interest for now to keep Iran out of harm. It is not easy to find allies in a kind of cold war scenario against US. And according to both sides, the relation between Russia and US is in an all time low since the impulsion of USSR and a direct conflict between Iran and US more likely than ever.

This is my reasoning, unless Russia has predicted that a war will begin soon and is hedging its bets on Iran and countering US then yes this can be true, but other than that if this were to happen the gulf states and Israel will absolutely flip their shits.

Lol can you imagine the look on their faces.

Well... do any of us here actually know the depth of Iranian and Russian cooperation? If this true then one can safely assume the status of Russian and Iran alliance is more grest than previously thought of. Good if ture, but still we have to wait and see.

Last edited:
There is a caveat to UNSC 2231 resolution:

http://www.un.org/en/sc/2231/restrictions-arms.shtml

How long will the restrictions on arms-related transfers apply?
These restrictions on arms-related transfers shall apply until the date five years after the JCPOA Adoption Day (18 October 2015) or until the date on which the IAEA submits a report confirming the Broader Conclusion, whichever is earlier.

Not sure what Broader Conclusion means but starting with capital letters means it has a legal description. Could it be the recent report from IAEA considering Iran totally compatible with the requirements of UNSC 2231?
http://carnegieendowment.org/2016/09/22/arriving-at-iaea-broader-conclusion-for-iran-pub-64665

You are free to read it, but I will tell you now that it is not going to happen in the 3 years and 7 months (approx.) left until the 5 years is up. Don't expect the west to allow sanctions to be lifted a minute earlier than they can have them. Any attempt by the IAEA to reach a Broader Conclusion would be politicised to hell.

http://carnegieendowment.org/2016/09/22/arriving-at-iaea-broader-conclusion-for-iran-pub-64665

You are free to read it, but I will tell you now that it is not going to happen in the 3 years and 7 months (approx.) left until the 5 years is up. Don't expect the west to allow sanctions to be lifted a minute earlier than they can have them. Any attempt by the IAEA to reach a Broader Conclusion would be politicised to hell.
It seems like Iran already qualifies for the "Broader Conclusion" status.

I agree that US will resist any attempt by IAEA for such a conclusion but if Russia is determined to make this sale to Iran, then they probably can convince the board to agree with it:

Board Members for 2016-2017
The 35 Board Members for 2016-2017 are Algeria, Argentina, Australia, Belarus, Brazil, Canada, China, Costa Rica, Côte d’Ivoire, Denmark, France, Germany, Ghana, India, Japan, the Republic of Korea, Latvia, Namibia, the Netherlands, Pakistan, Paraguay, Peru, the Philippines, Qatar, the Russian Federation, Singapore, Slovenia, South Africa, Spain, Switzerland, Turkey, the United Arab Emirates, the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland, the United States of America and Uruguay.

Anyway it remains to be seen.

So it doesn't sound good Amir.........Without a large number of Su-30SM's, the odds are heavily against the IRIAF. It is very quiet now about Su-30 delivery. No news at all!:(

So it doesn't sound good Amir.........Without a large number of Su-30SM's, the odds are heavily against the IRIAF. It is very quiet now about Su-30 delivery. No news at all!:(
take jf17block 3 in large numbers :p: :-)

Back
Top Bottom