What's new

IRIAF | News and Discussions

But why reveal this in such a public manner?! they should have kept it secret, at least not publicly demonstrate it like this.

One more thing, how do they deal with all the engine exhaust fumes and blast? I can't see any vents to exhaust the gas externally, presumably because they would be potential targets for bombs and missiles and weak points in the structure.
you can not hide the base in this day and age . That is why people should understand this is not "underground base" but this is "under the mountain base"... will survive first wave long enough to lunch all her assets.

Direct Nuclear is the only way to disable the base but in that case we are talking about "nuclear war" with a "Nuclear state".

this photo shows the one entrance ..just look at the mountain above the entrance..
3710551.jpg

Last edited:
But why reveal this in such a public manner?! they should have kept it secret, at least not publicly demonstrate it like this.

One more thing, how do they deal with all the engine exhaust fumes and blast? I can't see any vents to exhaust the gas externally, presumably because they would be potential targets for bombs and missiles and weak points in the structure.
When I see comments like this I normally sigh and ask the originator "to share their surprise findings with the corps of Iranian engineers and strategists that have evidently missed these obvious points". Come on.

Last edited:
@TheImmortal

You’ve been vindicated brother, you were right all along.

Thank you.

I’m glad Iran thinks along my logical thinking. Shows that they are painfully aware of their weak points versus a superior air power and are working their best to somewhat negate that advantage.

Was hoping it was an aircraft unveil tho.

you can not hide the base in this day and age . That is why people should understand this is not "underground base" but this is "under the mountain base"... will survive first wave long enough to lunch all her assets.

Direct Nuclear is the only way to disable the base but in that case we are talking about "nuclear war" with a "Nuclear state".

this photo shows the one entrance ..just look at the mountain above the entrance..
3710551.jpg

The mountain above is irrelevant, all that needs to be done is target the entrance, and the very mountain you're referring to will seal the entrance. I'm sure you've seen videos of Israeli strikes in Gaza demolishing entire blocks of apartment with carefully targeted strikes.

The mountain above is irrelevant, all that needs to be done is target the entrance, and the very mountain you're referring to will seal the entrance. I'm sure you've seen videos of Israeli strikes in Gaza demolishing entire blocks of apartment with carefully targeted strikes.
Maybe they have multiple entrances? China build 30+ such "mountain air bases" in the cold war and they could withstand nuclear bombs.

Although these tunnels were shown before:
I hope that there are other underground tunnels being built (or already completed) that can accommodate larger aircraft like the Su35 since this one doesn’t seem big enough.

It would not have made any practical difference to keep it “secret”.

Enemy ISR, especially Spy satellites have already got information on the tunnels long before Iran decided to publicly disclose them.

Let's put it this way, if this was an Israeli base, would you have seen a video of the inside of it? I wasn't talking about its location in general, but showing details inside it. No matter how minor, any small detail revealed in the video that can be exploited for a strike is given away.

Maybe they have multiple entrances? China build 30+ such "mountain air bases" in the cold war and they could withstand nuclear bombs.
For what it's worth, Neutrino indicates the 'cities' ' entrances are 'elongated and super resistant' structures.

"Eagle 44" is a demonstration of a "rational" thinking by IRIAF:

1- you spend your $$ and build secure under the mountain air base (s) out of reach of enemy

2- Populate the base with your "next generation" air assets (SU35,Kowsar-II ,ALCM.Kaman, etc )

3- Be alive to fight another day in the case of surprise first wave attack.

Thumbs up to IRIAF for thinking outside of the box.:azn::azn:

3710534.jpg

3710540.jpg

3710541.jpg
the base is only populated with bomber f4

Use an excavator for demolished entrances?

If they have excavators and other heavy machines some entrances can be reopened or new entrances can be opened
Also they should have a ton of entrances, since its under a mountain, different levels of entrances can be opened or made

Israel demolishing buildings and apartments in Gaza has nothing to do and is not an example when talking of underground/under the mountain bases
1. Iran is not Gaza
2. Buildings and apartments have nothing to do with mountains full of layers of granite

no , it won't last long enough to launch its asset for this
800px-Bitburg_Air_Base_bunkers_1988.JPEG

you need tens of bunker buster
for this
media%2FFoXH4SsWAAAAPrM.jpg

you need 3-4 to trap every asset inside

this one also can withheld itself against nuclear strike , but china built them at a time that precision bunker-buster was science fiction

Let's put it this way, if this was an Israeli base, would you have seen a video of the inside of it? I wasn't talking about its location in general, but showing details inside it. No matter how minor, any small detail revealed in the video that can be exploited for a strike is given away.

Fair enough, honestly I can’t tell just how confident Iran is in disclosing these tunnels but from the looks of it. We know (and so do they) that the mountains/hills these tunnels sit under are very tuff, so it really comes down to just how durable the construction of the tunnels walls and ceilings are and how well they’ll fare against the shock of heavy ordinance and nuclear weapons.

no , it won't last long enough to launch its asset for this
800px-Bitburg_Air_Base_bunkers_1988.JPEG

you need tens of bunker buster
for this
media%2FFoXH4SsWAAAAPrM.jpg

you need 3-4 to trap every asset inside

this one also can withheld itself against nuclear strike , but china built them at a time that precision bunker-buster was science fiction
If the assets are trap, couldn't they use excavators to reopen the entrance or open other entrances using mining machines?

How much entrances would that kind of base have?

If the assets are trap, couldn't they use excavators to reopen the entrance or open other entrances using mining machines?

How much entrances would that kind of base have?
take time and with the asset trapped , they can just bomb it again

The tunnels of this base look too narrow for Su-35 or Su-57, but they can be fine for Su-75 Checkmate (price: 30mln$ per unit) or J-31 (price: 70mln$ per unit)

take time and with the asset trapped , they can just bomb it again
On your comparison, you say that it would take 3-4 bunker busters to trap all assets inside compared to the above image which would take tens of bunker busters according to you

But are you referring on this single entrance shown on the second image or the whole mountain base?

3-4 bunker busters for this entrances or 3-4 for the whole underground air-base? The first image is a whole airbase and the second is just one entrance

Back
Top Bottom