What's new

IRIAF | News and Discussions

Chinese will have a deactivation chip inside.
unless you build your chips you can't be sure of that. and we don't produce them but import them from Russia and china . thanks to several president and its cabinet illiteracy .
by the way there was talk about Huawei have back door and ,,,,, inside its equipment , still nobody could prove it , but turned out Intel, AMD and Microsoft all have back door and guess on communication device who proved to be offender , yes Cisco or Linksys

totally off-topic, he has said very recently that HESA is experimenting with a JL-9 like light fighter with F-7N as a base platform with F-5E like air-intakes and double delta wings and a larger radome to fit the Bayyenat radar. If it's true, then Eff these people, is there a check and balance within HESA for wasting money on stupid projects?
HESA needs to get audited for what project they get interested about. they must be responsible for their project and stop wasting money on airframe and invest in basics on metallurgy and avionics if in 19s there was possible to build a radar for f-5 that was better than f-16 radar then its possible to build a better one after 25 years ,
the problem is somebody in higherup must be taught the future weapons are all about semiconductors if you cant build them its like you cant build any weapon in years to come.

HESA needs to get audited for what project they get interested about. they must be responsible for their project and stop wasting money on airframe and invest in basics on metallurgy and avionics if in 19s there was possible to build a radar for f-5 that was better than f-16 radar then its possible to build a better one after 25 years ,
the problem is somebody in higherup must be taught the future weapons are all about semiconductors if you cant build them its like you cant build any weapon in years to come.

An educated guess is that some people with massive egos have taken higher-up positions and they have learned how to get money out for their stupid money-for-nothing projects. We have credible evidence for that actually if we go by useless projects we have seen over the years.

- MIRAGE F1/EQ overhaul. Useless because the fleet is 23 x small, it's a third-generation fighter that failed in the Iran Iraq war against 4th generation BVR carrying fighters. We have never seen it armed with any meaningful A2A weaponry. They tried giving it local pylons, PL-7C, and tried to put on PGM on it while not considering that this plane will be a sitting duck in the sky without any protection of its own in a modern combat aviation environment. Mirage F-1 is considered a complex platform and we had zero infrastructure inside Iran for French planes yet some people successfully got the $$ out of the IAIO for this stunt.

- F-7N/FT-7N fleet of some 43 airframes, overhaul, and re-armaments. They are short-ranged low-tier Chinese interceptors that have zero productivity in large geography like Iran. Not to mention the highest crash rate ever in IIAF/IRIAF history. They not only tried to put PGMs (Yasin Glide), Matra on them but also wasted money on creating their new wings, and integrating newer avionics. If the JL-9 story is true then that R&D money is down the drain too.

- Saeqeh tech demonstrators. Saeqeh-I 3-7600 was enough for evaluation of semi FBW with squared air intake and V-tailed design. Saeqeh-II 3-7182 evaluated the F-5F tandem seats with a modern cockpit layout. If no serious production was planned why build an additional 10 of these technology demonstrators? most of them have twin cannons (so no radars). One can probably argue that their testing leads to whatever Kowsar is or will be in the future but still companies usually do not make more than 1-2 technology demonstrators. I have a feeling that the same story will be repeated with current Kowsar until we end the ultimate end product of this project which will see serious mass production.

- With the money saved from the above stupid projects, they could have refurbished, and overhauled some 10 more airframes of F-14A (some 20 additional are available apart from 41) in Isfahan, bringing them to F-14 AM standards at Mehrabad. Armed with Fattar and Fakour-90, that 10 x F-14 AM worth much more in IRIAF strategy than whatever a fleet of 67 x Mirages+F-7 offers.

as I always said we have more chance making France or Sweden agree to airplane production and tot inside Iran for Rafale and Grippen than be able to successfully made Russia agree to such term about SU-35

No, France or Sweden aren't more likely to provide Iran with ToT on fighter jet production than Russia is. The opposite stays true, no matter how improbable.

It's fair to point out possible limits of Russian reliability, but to suggest that western regimes are on better terms with Iran in any important area of interest would represent an inversion of reality.

_____

BT was the source. Despite his progressive mental problems and constant political ranting, he is never an unreliable source. Whatever he says about IRIAF comes true.

Oh, I remember (quite outlandish) claims from this source which turned out wrong, unsurprisingly so. Such as Bavar-373 being a "fake" project, or Iran signing a contract for 200+ Su-27's with Russia.

- MIRAGE F1/EQ overhaul. Useless because the fleet is 23 x small, it's a third-generation fighter that failed in the Iran Iraq war against 4th generation BVR carrying fighters.

Correct me if I'm wrong but of all types flow by the Iraqi air force, didn't the F-1 have in fact the most favorable (and even a positive?) kill ratio against Iranian F-14's?

But indeed, absent proper infrastructure for equipment and upgrades, Iran should ditch them as soon as something better becomes available. Investments needed to get hold of said infrastructure aren't worth it either.

Last edited:
I remember (quite outlandish) claims from this source which turned out to be wrong. Such as Bavar-373 being a "fake" project, or Iran signing a contract with Russia for 200+ Su-27's.

For IRIAF he is never wrong. For air defense, he is sometimes self-contradicting. E.g. He once claimed there is only one Bavar-373 prototype that actually exists and is being tested in a facility somewhere. Then around the same time, the guy claimed in an article on F-14AM upgrades that in 2020, Bavar 373 batteries were already deployed in Azerbaijan.

My personal guess is the guy has sources in IRIAF that give him info with projects, deployments with serial no. etc. The same is not true for other Artesh branches and esp IRGC.

As for 200 x SU-27, I think he never said that. He said something like IRIAF wants 72 x Su-35S with TOT while Russia is offering SU-27SM3 / MIG-35S. Something like that. Around the same time he also claimed that IRIAF rejected J-10C.

I'm not sure about that. If I remember correctly, of all types flow by the Iraqi air force, it had the most favorable (and even a positive?) kill ratio against Iranian F-14's.

But indeed, absent proper infrastructure to properly equip and upgrade them, Iran should ditch them as soon as something better becomes available. The investments needed to build said infrastructure aren't worth the cost either.
Actually, it had the worst record against IRIAF. It got lucky in a sneak attack with a Matra 530 on a separate course going F-14A. That and a single F-4E. Other than that nothing. All the while it lost some 34 times in aerial combats against F-14A.

But indeed, absent proper infrastructure to properly equip and upgrade them, Iran should ditch them as soon as something better becomes available. The investments needed to build said infrastructure aren't worth the cost either.

F-5E/F/R + F-7N + Mirage F1EQ + Azarakhsh + Saegheh I/II testbeds need to be retired as soon as the next generation of Kowsar shows enough promise to be put in serious mass production.

As for 200 x SU-27, I think he never said that.

Maybe I don't remember well. But it seemed to me he had already posted some incorrect information about the IRIAF as well.

Actually, it had the worst record against IRIAF. It got lucky in a sneak attack with a Matra 530 on a separate course going F-14A. That and a single F-4E. Other than that nothing. All the while it lost some 34 times in aerial combats against F-14A.

True, don't know what I confused this with. Good to be reminded, thanks.

F-5E/F/R + F-7N + Mirage F1EQ + Azarakhsh + Saegheh I/II testbeds need to be retired as soon as the next generation of Kowsar shows enough promise to be put in serious mass production.

Agreed.

Last edited:
No, France or Sweden aren't more likely to provide Iran with ToT on fighter jet production than Russia is. The opposite stays true, no matter how improbable.

It's fair to point to possible limits of Russian reliability, but to suggest that western regimes are on better terms with Iran in any important area would represent an inversion of reality.
Well how I see it Russia see Iran as an adversary in Middle East it is in its interest to keep Iran just strong enough but not too much strong
Europe and Iran have conflict of interest and the interests can change..
The one right now that dont see Iran as an adversary and don't have that much conflict interest is China but they are merchants and don't do anything for free or discount you must pay in full if you want anything from them.
About USA if you want get anything from them instead of going to USA you must go to their master Israel

Correct me if I'm wrong but of all types flow by the Iraqi air force, didn't the F-1 have in fact the most favorable (and even a positive?) kill ratio against Iranian F-14's?
Only because our pilots didn't knew France gave Iraq, matra R550 magic missile alongside the airplane. After they become aware of it they could not get any victory. That missile at the time was far more advanced than sidewinder.

the same time he also claimed that IRIAF rejected J-10C.
I think iriaf never offered J-10c it was the original J.-10 that was offered as j-10c was still in development

Last edited:
Well how I see it Russia see Iran as an adversary in Middle East it is in its interest to keep Iran just strong enough but not too much strong
Europe and Iran have conflict of interest and the interests can change..

European regimes are submissive auxiliaries to the US and zionists. As such, they qualify as enemies for Iran. Their security services actively participate in Washington and Tel Aviv's hostile agenda: from hosting and supporting opposition groups including armed terrorist ones, funding propaganda media aimed at destabilizing Iran, backing adversaries of the Resistance Axis in regional conflicts (Syria, Yemen, Palestine and so on), to perfectly toeing the US line in the nuclear negotiations, the list is long.

It would take a complete strategic decoupling of Europe from the US and Isra"el" for the former to come anywhere near Russia or China as far as their relations with Iran are concerned. And such a decoupling is going to remain an extremely remote, improbable prospect for the foreseeable future. Barring such an implausible development, there's no strategic domain where Iran will be able to count on any of the European regimes more than she can count on Russia or China.

Last edited:
European regimes are submissive auxiliaries to the US and zionist regimes. As such, they qualify as enemies to Iran. Their security services actively participate in Washington and Tel Aviv's hostile agenda: from hosting and supporting opposition groups including armed terrorist ones, funding propaganda media aimed at destabilizing Iran, to backing adversaries of the Resistance Axis in regional theaters of conflict (Syria, Yemen, Palestine and so on), to perfectly toeing the US line in the nuclear negotiations, the list is long.

It would require a complete strategic decoupling of Europe from the US and Isra"el" for the former to come anywhere near Russia or China as far as relations with Iran are concerned. And that's going to remain an extremely remote, improbable prospect in the foreseeable future. Barring such an implausible development, here's no strategic domain in which Iran will be able to count on any of the European regimes more than she can count on Russia or China.
As you said they are following one country, what I say conflict of interest. That can change.
With Russia its several hundred years they see us as adversary not partners. And right now we have an uneasy alliance which is on the surface. Otherwise I still doubt Israel attack on our intrests in syra is without their prior knowledge and consent

I think iriaf never offered J-10c it was the original J.-10 that was offered as j-10c was still in development

Could be. The point is that IRIAF rejected it.

Now that I am realising it IRIAF has rejected the following planes in favor of SU35-S

1) J-10B/C
2) MIG-35S
3) SU-27-SM3

Why do they want this SU-35S so much I wonder?

As you said they are following one country, what I say conflict of interest. That can change.

European regimes are not going to emancipate themselves from American and zionist overlordship anytime soon. Thence change is not in the cards in this regard, barring literal downfall of regimes in these countries.

With Russia its several hundred years they see us as adversary not partners.

Here concrete change did actually occur. The USSR and Iran used to be enemies, the Russian Federation and Iran aren't. Also Russia views Iran more like a partner in certain aspects, a rival in others. But there's no hostility, as opposed to European policy vis à vis Iran, which is antagonistic through and through.

And right now we have an uneasy alliance which is on the surface. Otherwise I still doubt Israel attack on our intrests in syra is without their prior knowledge and consent

And I doubt the reason they partnered with Iran against terrorism in Syria is because they consider Iran as an adversary.

At least Iran and Russia are seeing eye to eye as far as the necessity to protect the Damascus government from the zio-American sponsored insurgency is concerned. Even if they're not entirely on the same page when it comes to Resistance against the zionist regime.

Although Moscow has issues of its own with the latter including on the Syrian dossier. Indeed, while Russia may look the other way when the zionists conduct air strikes against Iranian interests in Syria, truth is that Tel Aviv has tried everything in its power to entice and/or pressure Moscow into revising its policy and completely ending any significant cooperation with Iran (especially of the strategic and military type) - a request Russia has systematically rejected.

With European regimes on the other hand, there is no common ground at all on Syria. Nor in fact on any other major regional matter because well, they unlike Russia happen to be enemies to Iran.

Last edited:
And I doubt the reason they partnered with Iran against terrorism in Syria is because they consider Iran as an adversary.

At least Iran and Russia are seeing eye to eye as far as the necessity to protect the Damascus government from the zio-American sponsored insurgency is concerned.
Russia didn't care about Syria , they cared about their only remaining base in middle east , if they believed the cannibals could be trusted to leave their bases there alone , I doubt they would have entered Syria conflict. and I believe if at the time our drone programs was as advanced as now , I mean we had strike capabilities in adequate number , we would have enticed them to enter Syria

I mean when the source of information is a deranged bi polar man named BT then there is no point having any logical discussions.

BT is inherently biased to posting only positive information about IRIAF because he still sees them as Shah-ist branch of Iran’s military. BT is a Shahist himself.

He hates anything IRGC produced and raves about the complete inadequacy and waste of funds that IRIAF routinely engages in.

Would take anything he says with a Damavand size mountain of salt.

Why do they want this SU-35S so much I wonder?
they not necessarily want , Su-35. what they are more interested in is a twine engine airplane that can be used as interceptor, Su-27 cant be used effectively in that role .Mig-35s well I don't think they ever considered it (To be honest I'd have considered it if Russia didn't decided to downgrade its AESA radar to PESA. but what I can say they have limited capabilities for producing advanced electronics)
and as for j-10 it was not J-10c they were offered it was J-10a maybe with promise of future upgrade to J10-c standard when it become ready maybe not. but one thing is clear J-10a nor can be considered as a viable interceptor neither have twine engine.

so in the situation that no western airplane was feasible the only option that remained open to IRIAF was Su-35 but that airplane is backbone of Russia air force and as i said they consider us as a competitor that they had to have an uneasy alliance with right now so they were not willing to part with it.

and honestly you must consider one small problem, can Russia deliver in number, china have the production capability , does Russia also have it?

so I believe in future the only option open to our air force is to produce its own airplane , the same way in Europe countries like France and Sweden went and succeed , the only thing is somebody focus air force and defense ministry in that directions (right now they are like perfect Gas , I mean their effort is total chaos) .
maybe produce must of it but import some parts from countries like china and Russia or even third parties . for example Italy may not be willing or able to sell us an complete aircraft , but they may be willing to sell us a radar for an aircraft we designed ourself. or Russia my not be willing to depart with su-35 but they maybe willing to sell us an aircraft engine and facilities to maintain it. or china may be willing to sell us or made a TOT on engine of pl-15

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom