What's new

IRIAF | News and Discussions

Total Airframes of IRIAF/IRGCF (just the plain numbers in hangers + warehouses). Aircrafts being testbeds/techdemo are * while in production ones are tagged **

72 x F-14A
26 x MIG-29 9.12A/9.15UB) ... or 42 x Russian claim
64 x F-4 E/D/R
23 x Mirage F1EQ/BQ
81 x F-5 E/F/R/B/Azarakhsh
43 x F7-N (and FT-7N)
40 x SU-22M3/M4
35 x SU-24MK
14 x HESA Kowsar**
12 x HESA Saeqeh I/II*
2 x Yasin**
The numbers are too optimistic. 72 F14-A? Maybe more like 60 or 50 at most, or even fewer?
And at the current pace, it'll take almost two decades before they can produce 14x HESA Kowsar and 12x HESA Saegheh.

The numbers are too optimistic. 72 F14-A? Maybe more like 60 or 50 at most, or even fewer?
And at the current pace, it'll take almost two decades before they can produce 14x HESA Kowsar and 12x HESA Saegheh.

I said total airframes like they could be in any condition.

I researched some numbers actually. 79 were supplied, and 3 confirmed losses in war leave us with 76 airframes. 3 x recorded crashes + one mysterious explosion over Bushehr. That leaves us with 72 airframes in total.

BT says 61 airframes are available (41-42 are currently operational). 11 further are cannibalized/stored.

It's all money in the end.

Saeqeh I/II were tech demonstrators and nothing else. Kowsar itself would not see any serious production. There will be another generation most probably in next 2 years that will go into serious production. By the mid-late decade, it will be inevitable for IRIAF to either reduce its fleet size by half as ~140 F-5E/F, Mirage, and F-7N circus will reach their end life or would be sitting ducks in modern combat. So IRIAF will need a more modern 4+ Gen Light combat platform and Kowsar's future Generation will be there for production.

The current Price tag of Kowsar is 9 million USD for a brand new Jet. To see something like 14 X Kowsar(Future) per year, IRIAF will need to fund the project with 140-150 Million USD yearly to get to 100 x aircraft in 6-7 years.

Good info and I do not question your sources..of interest to me is 2 Yasin...did Yasin finish flight tests ..is it certified yet...it has two ** on it..

haha I have no sources, I just use well-researched articles in international magazines. I will write something on yasin

By the way guys, IRIB has just chosen another fucker as military reporter, who not only doesn't know any military gear, can't even report what he has been told! He called Qaem-9 bomb as a equivalent to hellfire missile! while the word Shafaq is written on the missile.

remind me of the other fucker in IRINN who was saying Qadir radar can rotate 360 degree!!!
Also Shafaq is equivalent to Spike NLOS lol, it's a whole different class to hellfire

Go for the J-10C. SU-35 is overrated and expensive. If you want to go for a flanker J-16 is far better, but it is not for export.
SU-35 isn't that expensive. And I think Iran will probably get them, as construction of export SU-35s restarted recently apparently.

the plane is as expensive as rafale and nearly as expensive as f-35

Lol nearly as expensive as F-35? Not even close.

For an even clearer picture of the real costs of a fully functioning F-35 and related support equipment, we can look at the F-35 contracts offered to foreign governments. The Swiss are considering purchasing 40 F-35s for approximately $6.58 billion, or $164.5 million apiece. This figure accounts for the spare parts, missiles, bombs, and bullets necessary for a fully functional weapon system.

F-35 off the lot is 100M+ using true data. Add in spares + bombs + training + everything else and it balloons to over 150M+

The $80M dollar quote figure is propaganda the military lobbyist use. It’s the “sticker” price. But it’s really a hunk of steel at that point. Need to add the “real” add on costs into it.

Read more here:

F-35 off the lot is 100M+ using true data. Add in spares + bombs + training + everything else and it balloons to over 150M+

The $80M dollar quote figure is propaganda the military lobbyist use. It’s the “sticker” price. But it’s really a hunk of steel at that point. Need to add the “real” add on costs into it.

Read more here:

Hackhook is right

Su-35 around 85m, F-35 around 100m

So prices are close ...

Hackhook is right

Su-35 around 85m, F-35 around 100m

So prices are close ...

You clearly didn’t read the article I sent. Or see what USA offered Swiss army 165M per aircraft with training + munitions + parts + support teams.

$100M is just for the plane basically.

Russians don’t play those same games. Yes you have to pay for munitions and spares, but they don’t jack up the price like US military industrial complex does.

north of 80 milion a piece . how much f-35 is sold these days

You clearly didn’t read the article I sent. Or see what USA offered Swiss army 165M per aircraft with training + munitions + parts + support teams.

$100M is just for the plane basically.

Russians don’t play those same games. Yes you have to pay for munitions and spares, but they don’t jack up the price like US military industrial complex does.
its not the 100m or 125m that is discussed here .its the fact about airplane prices and its capabilities that put question to the mind . su-35 is expensive , wonder for somebody who has the option to choose between both western and eastern airplane latest generation of European airplane like rafale won't make more sense. 115 for rafale with extra vs 85 for su-35 with extra

by the way do you knew how much Russians training is done , do you knew how our mig-29 pilot were trained , its done in Russians language , via shitty translator who are not even suitable for tour guides and after the course finished all their writings and notes were confiscated.

wonder how much Russia ask for su-57 if they decide to sell it or su-71and how its compared to china j-31 for example

Last edited:
wonder how much Russia ask for su-57 if they decide to sell it or su-71and how its compared to china j-31 for example

Chinese will have a deactivation chip inside.

I wouldn’t trust the Chinese so freely. Neither Russia nor China are Iran’s strategic allies. And China plays both sides of the fence (East and West). They hate India, yet look how much trade they do with India.

So far neither Russia or China has offered Iran anything modern. China wipes it’s a$$ with billions of dollars.... so geopolitical headache of a 5B arms deal with Iran isn’t even worth it for them. Also Not even Pakistan has gotten J-31

China offered Iran older Gen junk and Russia offered even older than that.

The recent most news in this regard came out in December was that of a Bagheri-Putin meeting in which

- An initial batch of 24 x SU-35S would be provided while the rest will be assembled inside HESA (probably 48 more ??).
- A batch of 30 IRIAF pilots of F-14A and MIG-29 was already in Russia and were being trained on them.
- A fleet of 23 x MIG-29 9.12A and 9.15UB will be given an extensive life extension and upgrades inside a newly made upgradation center in mehrabad. Same for a fleet of some ~30 SU-24MK. Maybe they can provide a few additional airframes? just to create another squadron.

I do not understand two things here. The first SU-35S has a large RCS and it is a very expensive jet with strike capability. We all know that Iran does not need strike fighters because IRGC over the last decade has invested heavily in its Missile and UCAV programs. So why not simply go for a much cheaper MIG-35 which Russia has offered before along with SU-27SM3 and Iran refused. MIG-35 is more of an air superiority fighter and can easily integrate into the MIG infrastructure inside IRIAF. If we get its TOT assembly inside HESA we can simply replace some 150 airframes in IRIAF.

The recent most news in this regard came out in December was that of a Bagheri-Putin meeting in which

- An initial batch of 24 x SU-35S would be provided while the rest will be assembled inside HESA (probably 48 more ??).
- A batch of 30 IRIAF pilots of F-14A and MIG-29 was already in Russia and were being trained on them.
- A fleet of 23 x MIG-29 9.12A and 9.15UB will be given an extensive life extension and upgrades inside a newly made upgradation center in mehrabad. Same for a fleet of some ~30 SU-24MK. Maybe they can provide a few additional airframes? just to create another squadron.

I do not understand two things here. The first SU-35S has a large RCS and it is a very expensive jet with strike capability. We all know that Iran does not need strike fighters because IRGC over the last decade has invested heavily in its Missile and UCAV programs. So why not simply go for a much cheaper MIG-35 which Russia has offered before along with SU-27SM3 and Iran refused. MIG-35 is more of an air superiority fighter and can easily integrate into the MIG infrastructure inside IRIAF. If we get its TOT assembly inside HESA we can simply replace some 150 airframes in IRIAF.
because its a wish list of some people no such agreement were made and no Iranian pilot are in Russia and Russia never offered any su-35 production or maintenance in Iran.

all wishful thinking , as I always said we have more chance making France or Sweden agree to airplane production and tot inside Iran for Rafale and Grippen than be able to successfully made Russia agree to such term about SU-35

because its a wish list of some people no such agreement were made and no Iranian pilot are in Russia and Russia never offered any su-35 production or maintenance in Iran.

all wishful thinking , as I always said we have more chance making France or Sweden agree to airplane production and tot inside Iran for Rafale and Grippen than be able to successfully made Russia agree to such term about SU-35

BT was the source. Despite his progressive mental problems and constant political ranting, he is never an unreliable source. Whatever he says about IRIAF comes true.

totally off-topic, he has said very recently that HESA is experimenting with a JL-9 like light fighter with F-7N as a base platform with F-5E like air-intakes and double delta wings and a larger radome to fit the Bayyenat radar. If it's true, then Eff these people, is there a check and balance within HESA for wasting money on stupid projects?

Back
Top Bottom