What's new

IRIAF | News and Discussions

Yes, it is the old simple principle: A soon as Iran developed a heavy turbofan, they get offered 4++ Fighters at a good price. This is to stop further development of Iran 4++ (and better) fighters. Independence is not a thing that greater powers want to see in other countries.

It’s not developing a heavy turbofan.

It’s developing a heavy turbofan that is

1) Ability to be mass produced (25-50 engines a year)

2) Cost effective

3) Reliable life span and maintenance

That’s what make this tech so so hard. Or else I am sure Iran could develop ONE heavy turbofan engine if they really wanted to. But if any of the 3 points above are not also accomplished, it’s useless.

Fact that many F-4 were upgraded,is something we know already,but some F-4 got "Zero overhaul",which mean they are completely rebuilt with newly produced components, These F-4 have some indigenous new parts with some changes and some can be even spotted from close look,at landing gear,HUD..etc Also new radar on F4 has 200km range,and has the ability to detect naval and ground targets,also it has ability to track and engage multiple air to air targets simultaneously,and new air to air missiles are integrated already..This example on picture is completely destroyed in Iran - Iraq war but it is restored with all new components ,so to say only has same designation and serial number. I already give detailed observation based on radar and cocpit pictures available but website is no longer active where this was available(domain blocked by US). I had those pictures and I think I have it still,so I will reupload those and give some insight,based on images of MFDs,HUD..etc and other components inside cockpit ,it is possible to get many information..I was able to see 4 or 5 different radar modes,there was screenshots of MFDs while radar is turned on..function testing..etc..also image of new weapons computer management ...that is all gone..so it would be nice to have it
Screenshot 2022-03-11 at 13-07-53 وبسایت اینترنتی شکارچی آسمان (@skyhunter.ir) • Instagram pho...png

Remarkable. Iran's aerospace industry is much more advanced than people give it credit for.

Fact that many F-4 were upgraded,is something we know already,but some F-4 got "Zero overhaul",which mean they are completely rebuilt with newly produced components, These F-4 have some indigenous new parts with some changes and some can be even spotted from close look,at landing gear,HUD..etc Also new radar on F4 has 200km range,and has the ability to detect naval and ground targets,also it has ability to track and engage multiple air to air targets simultaneously,and new air to air missiles are integrated already..This example on picture is completely destroyed in Iran - Iraq war but it is restored with all new components ,so to say only has same designation and serial number. I already give detailed observation based on radar and cocpit pictures available but website is no longer active where this was available(domain blocked by US). I had those pictures and I think I have it still,so I will reupload those and give some insight,based on images of MFDs,HUD..etc and other components inside cockpit ,it is possible to get many information..I was able to see 4 or 5 different radar modes,there was screenshots of MFDs while radar is turned on..function testing..etc..also image of new weapons computer management ...that is all gone..so it would be nice to have it
View attachment 823035

View attachment 823035

radar is JL-10A of JH-7A.

IRIAF F-4E with this upgrade have practically turned into JH-7A with possible/already done integration of following

AIM-9/R-73 for WVR
PL-12 for BVR (~100 KM)
C-803/Qader for AShCM (300 KM)
Hoveyzah for the Land attack (1350 KM)

If we can raise five such squadrons and place three of them facing the Persian Gulf forward bases of KSA, UAE can be targeted any time. Even though I am a firm believer in using BM/CM/UCAV/loitering drones for attack and aircraft for the sole purpose of interception or guarding airspace.

Actually the radar looks similar to the radar Iran uses on their Kowsar F-5s. Obviously alot larger but it looks similar. Could it be possibly Iranian built ?

Iranian built radar for F-5

1647022679975.png

radar inside upgraded Iranian F-4

adsf.jpg

Also its incredible how long these F-4s have lasted. Both Turkey and Iran are still using them. 50 years and still going strong. Just goes to show how quality built things used to be in the US.

radar is JL-10A of JH-7A.

IRIAF F-4E with this upgrade have practically turned into JH-7A with possible/already done integration of following

AIM-9/R-73 for WVR
PL-12 for BVR (~100 KM)
C-803/Qader for AShCM (300 KM)
Hoveyzah for the Land attack (1350 KM)

If we can raise five such squadrons and place three of them facing the Persian Gulf forward bases of KSA, UAE can be targeted any time. Even though I am a firm believer in using BM/CM/UCAV/loitering drones for attack and aircraft for the sole purpose of interception or guarding airspace.

Do you produce TRM modules for radars in home??

Asking because Pakistan has developed (still in prototype stage) ground based AESA radar (plans are there to use it on air borne assets).Now i was just wondering that Pakistan is second country in the Muslim World that can make T&R modules in home for its radars.But if Iran has built it already,then we will be on third number 😜.

Asking because Pakistan has developed (still in prototype stage) ground based AESA radar (plans are there to use it on air borne assets).Now i was just wondering that Pakistan is second country in the Muslim World that can make T&R modules in home for its radars.But if Iran has built it already,then we will be on third number 😜.

Yes of course.

Iran produces even OTH radars which only a handful of countries around the world produce there own (US, Russia, China, Iran, and EU).

1647023971734.jpeg

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Category:Military_radars_of_Iran

We make quite large ones too

d2a001dd-70e9-4256-b4a7-33bab6e8cc34.jpg

AESA or PESA?
GaAs or GaN based?

NAJM AESA for Sayyad Air defence system

MERAJ AESA for BAVAR Long-range air defence system

There are others too, we have a very large radar product range.

Actually the radar looks similar to the radar Iran uses on their Kowsar F-5s. Obviously alot larger but it looks similar. Could it be possibly Iranian built ?

View attachment 823229

radar inside upgraded Iranian F-4

View attachment 823231

Also its incredible how long these F-4s have lasted. Both Turkey and Iran are still using them. 50 years and still going strong. Just goes to show how quality built things used to be in the US.

A Chinese member in the Kowsar thread confirmed that F-4E radar is JL-10A based upon the of T/R modules count and antenna size, we did hear that the Dowran project gave F-4E long-range BVR capability. Kowsar's radar according to BT is Iranian licensed production of KLJ-6F which may turn into KLJ7/KLJ-7A in the future as they are from the same family.

AESA or PESA?
GaAs or GaN based?

All of the above. As well as X-band and VHF band radar and electronic jammers as well.

Iran produces 10+ different radars for air survillenace. Including radars able to detect very low RCS like those on stealth CMs, F-22, B-2, and F-35

However, It’s weak in airborne radar (fighter jet radar). There it needs much more improvement.

Iran is only slightly behind China and Russia in ground based radar. In next 5-10 years that gap will be non existent.

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom