What's new

IRIAF | News and Discussions

Respectfully, what are you talking about?

Flankers are literally the most successful fighter jets (outside of the West). SU-30 and SU-35 are by far some of the most powerful and maneuverable fighters Iran could ever hope to have. They would change the balance of power in the region if Iran were to have a significant amount of them (75+). In Iranian territory they would be even more formidable with an air defense network protecting them while they hunted key fighters.

Also if I had $1 for every time I heard the phrase “this time it’s different, Russia is angry because of [insert reason]” I could probably buy 100 SU-35 fighters

Lastly the S-300 deal was a defensive weapon and Russia lost to Iran in World Court. If Russia didn’t provide Iran with the S-300 it would have to pay $10B in damages....on an $800M contract. So Russia had no way out.

Can’t compare domestic fighter jet production TOT and major offensive arms purchases with air defense systems.

Chances Russia helps Iran is very very low. I’ll wait for actual evidence as history has shown being skeptical is the way to go.
What about Chinese jets? Is that not a viable option?

(J-10C)

(J-10C)
Iran airforce rejected it , that airplane only become an option if china works a lot harder on its data link and equip it with a more efficient engine. and also its sensor package is lacking compared to other competitor, it lack FLIR manu necessay equipment must ount externally as pods instead of being fitted inside the airplane and so and the tail of the airplane can use some refinement to make better use of what power the engine provide

(J-10C)

Not viable unless J-20 or J-31 is being offered. The recent signing by Pakistan for J-20 might make it a possibility. But Pakistan-Chinese arms relations are much much stronger than Iranian-Chinese arms relations as Pakistan serves as a check on India which is a China enemy as well. Iran doesn’t have that card to play and in fact creates headaches for China who tries to balance its relations with Arab countries.

The issue is any jets purchased might have to serve in Iranian Air Force for another 30+ years. So you cannot choose a plane that is at the end of its career. At that point it would be better to just not buy anything at all then waste 5B+ on planes that cannot be competitive in a decade.

Take for example the F-14, it is STILL competitive over 40 years later as a potent air superiority fighter.

So outside of SU-35, J-20, J-31, SU-57. Iran should not sign any deals for any fighters not listed above....unless we are going to receive MASSIVE ToT that would allow our own domestic fighter programs to finally take off.

Not viable unless J-20 or J-31 is being offered. The recent signing by Pakistan for J-20 might make it a possibility. But Pakistan-Chinese arms relations are much much stronger than Iranian-Chinese arms relations as Pakistan serves as a check on India which is a China enemy as well. Iran doesn’t have that card to play and in fact creates headaches for China who tries to balance its relations with Arab countries.

The issue is any jets purchased might have to serve in Iranian Air Force for another 30+ years. So you cannot choose a plane that is at the end of its career. At that point it would be better to just not buy anything at all then waste 5B+ on planes that cannot be competitive in a decade.

Take for example the F-14, it is STILL competitive over 40 years later as a potent air superiority fighter.

So outside of SU-35, J-20, J-31, SU-57. Iran should not sign any deals for any fighters not listed above....unless we are going to receive MASSIVE ToT that would allow our own domestic fighter programs to finally take off.

J-20 for Pakistan?
I knew of the signature to acquire the J-10 which in the export version is designated FC-20

J-20 for Pakistan?
I knew of the signature to acquire the J-10 which in the export version is designated FC-20

I should correct myself and say rumors of a signing not actual signing. Much like rumors of Iran signing a SU-35 agreement.

Since J-20 is finally using Chinese engines it will be available for export without Russian ability to veto.

I should correct myself and say rumors of a signing not actual signing. Much like rumors of Iran signing a SU-35 agreement.

Since J-20 is finally using Chinese engines it will be available for export without Russian ability to veto.therefore what will Pakistan buy J-10 / FC-20 or J-20?

therefore what contract would Pakistan sign, for J-10 / FC-20 or J-20? ?

J-20 for Pakistan?
I have not heard of such thing myself personally either, not sure what they are referring to.

Iran airforce rejected it , that airplane only become an option if china works a lot harder on its data link and equip it with a more efficient engine. and also its sensor package is lacking compared to other competitor, it lack FLIR manu necessay equipment must ount externally as pods instead of being fitted inside the airplane and so and the tail of the airplane can use some refinement to make better use of what power the engine provide
Can you share a source for this? Was this officially said or just rumours?

therefore what contract would Pakistan sign, for J-10 / FC-20 or J-20? ?

If I understand what you are asking, They recently signed a contract for J-10C

Don’t confuse FC-20 with J-20. I am speaking of J-20, anything China sends out will be export versions so I don’t need to disclaim that.

However, some within Pakistan were not happy with this purchase

While J-10 make up the bulk of Chinese airforce, there is widespread consensus it is not up to par with Western aircraft in several areas.

If India acquires F-35 or SU-57. I think China would sell J-31 to Pakistan.

China is likely to be willing to part with J-31 (F-35 knock off) more so than J-20 since the former is less of an air superiority fighter and less sensitive tech installed thus more willing to export to “friendly” countries.

Currently the West would love to get their hands on an J-20 to understand it’s full capabilities and radar signature.

Again J-31 or J-20 they would be dumbed down export versions either way. But I think if any country is first in line to receive them, it would be Pakistan before Iran.

If I understand what you are asking, They recently signed a contract for J-10C

Don’t confuse FC-20 with J-20. I am speaking of J-20, anything China sends out will be export versions so I don’t need to disclaim that.

However, some within Pakistan were not happy with this purchase

While J-10 make up the bulk of Chinese airforce, there is widespread consensus it is not up to par with Western aircraft in several areas.

If India acquires F-35 or SU-57. I think China would sell J-31 to Pakistan.

China is likely to be willing to part with J-31 (F-35 knock off) more so than J-20 since the former is less of an air superiority fighter and less sensitive tech installed thus more willing to export to “friendly” countries.

Currently the West would love to get their hands on an J-20 to understand it’s full capabilities and radar signature.

Again J-31 or J-20 they would be dumbed down export versions either way. But I think if any country is first in line to receive them, it would be Pakistan before Iran.
Ok, so at the moment there is no contract for the J-20, so why do you write #6,798 "The recent signing by Pakistan for J-20 might make it a possibility", it would not be appropriate to indicate what is more probable, that is the J-10 for which many confirm the signing of the contract.
J-20 and J-31 will certainly be opportunities, but to date there are no contracts.

Ok, so at the moment there is no contract for the J-20, so why do you write #6,798 "The recent signing by Pakistan for J-20 might make it a possibility", it would not be appropriate to indicate what is more probable, that is the J-10 for which many confirm the signing of the contract.
J-20 and J-31 will certainly be opportunities, but to date there are no contracts.

I corrected myself right after.

Since J-20 is finally using Chinese engines it will be available for export without Russian ability to veto.

About Su-35 I wonder if it will be a viable airplane 30-40 year later if it not get an engine and Radar upgrade , if its coating don't become Radar absorbent

Are you sure?. It is said that J10C has been superior to some versions of the Gripen (C/D) in maneouvers with Thailand.

AESA radar + IRST and PL15 makes it even better that F16 (actually no IRST on them and range of AIM120 shorter than PL15).

Even China has been reluctant to sell those to close allies like Pakistan, at least until very recently.

According to serving military member of PDF,PAF will induct 5th Gen. Fighter jet post 2045.

His claim can also be confirmed by previous ACM speech where Air Cheif said Pakistan will have fifth generation fighter jet fleet by 2047.

Actually,our program for indiginous 5th gen fighter aircraft is dead so we are collaborating with another friendly country for 5th gen. fighter aircraft which will not be ready before 2045.

Are you sure?. It is said that J10C has been superior to some versions of the Gripen (C/D) in maneouvers with Thailand.

AESA radar + IRST and PL15 makes it even better that F16 (actually no IRST on them and range of AIM120 shorter than PL15).

Even China has been reluctant to sell those to close allies like Pakistan, at least until very recently.
Not true J-10C is among the best 4th generation aircraft out there. It even beat SU-35 in excersices. It is roughly on par with Rafale.

He maybe talking about the earlier version? J-10A/B?

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom