What's new

IRIAF | News and Discussions

So what do you think, my friends, how likely is to see some big deals signed this week?
Very likely. Last time Khatami visited Russia we purchased S-300, Gamma radars and RD-33 engines. I think some upgrade packages for T-72 tanks and cooperation on a jet fighter project were discussed too; however the jet fighter project (Shafagh, if I remember correctly) was never materialized and the S-300 deal turned into a big issue between the countries.

1642461674288.png

Excruciatingly slow. If they want to be this slow, it's better that they don't produce Kowsar at all.

Excruciatingly slow. If they want to be this slow, it's better that they don't produce Kowsar at all.
money, by the way kowsar will be a CAS and advanced trainer and after all hey need a certain amount of those airplanes . and they plan to use Yasin for advanced trainer won't help in that regard.

It's not Shahed 216 ? Kind of looks like it no ? In any case it's nice to see Iran going ahead with production. There are rumors that Iran is going to purchase Russian helicopter technology with technology transfers, including motors and sensors. There are also rumors that Iran will be jointly producing helicopters with Russia. Let's wait and see.

View attachment 809411View attachment 809412
i wonder which engine they use here and is Jahesh 700 powerful enough to be used for such role

Very likely. Last time Khatami visited Russia we purchased S-300, Gamma radars and RD-33 engines. I think some upgrade packages for T-72 tanks and cooperation on a jet fighter project were discussed too; however the jet fighter project (Shafagh, if I remember correctly) was never materialized and the S-300 deal turned into a big issue between the countries.

Khatami presidency ended in August 2005. S-300 deal was signed in late 2007.

What kind of revisionist history is this?

Khatami presidency ended in August 2005. S-300 deal was signed in late 2007.

What kind of revisionist history is this?
That's correct. My bad. It could be a false memory, but I remember I read that the idea of purchasing S300 was first considered by Khatami. Probably there were talks before finally signing the contract in 2007.

Although Helicopter gunships are not a priority for Iran (UAVs will do most tasks) I hope we will see the "National Gunship" someday soon..

here is an old but beautiful photo of the Cobra gunship..notice they have changed the original Telescopic Sight Unit (TSU) for Tow Cobra on the nose with the EO ball..and a new ATGM missile
1643220139521.jpeg

Although Helicopter gunships are not a priority for Iran (UAVs will do most tasks) I hope we will see the "National Gunship" someday soon..

here is an old but beautiful photo of the Cobra gunship..notice they have changed the original Telescopic Sight Unit (TSU) for Tow Cobra on the nose with the EO ball..and a new ATGM missile
View attachment 811319
Theirs potential here but it all simply requires heavy investment into the industry that has not been focused on for many years.

Their will be a shift to airpower someday, perhaps sooner than we think, but not until they have met their needs for the missile and aerospace corps.

Although their is always room for continuous improvement, the improvements become more and more marginal when it comes to land based missile power especially If Iran is going to stick with this 2000km limit, then their is a cap in how much the technology will grow.

Like many others, I'm still thinking why IRAN hasn't placed an order of 150+ SU-30 MKK along with J-10Cs yet?

They need a lot of Aircraft for their Air Force.

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom