What's new

IRIAF | News and Discussions

I think it can be because more credible Iranian observers would've reported it first.
No way can news like this go under the radar (pun intended).

It's been 2 hours since the tweet was made, would've made rounds by now.

Secondly won't the IRIAF have known the pilot in the chase plane? He would've been in big trouble had he leaked something like this, and I'm sure he'd be well aware of it.
agreed but it looks so real its crazy what ppl can do to videos these days

agreed but it looks so real its crazy what ppl can do to videos these days

Eh, if you have the PC with good components you can run Blender and Da Vinci Resolve 17 in order to make pretty decent CGI fakes at home granted you have the time and talent.

But the Qaher-313 will forever be a stain on Iran's legitimacy.

Seems Russians are confirming Bagheri statement from Moscov
Igor Janvarov, researcher at the Russian Presidential Academy of Public Administration: "Bagheri's visit to Russia determined the fate of the two countries' arms deals. The agreements were signed between the two countries after the lifting of international arms embargoes on Iran. "
FCD9vqLWYAEVtWg.jpg
FCD9vr4XsAgbLlb.jpg
FCIYTBHX0AAeN-n.jpg
FCJOmMPXMAE_o3U.jpg
FCNFsNoWYAQZvhp.jpg
FCNFsNTXsAICeOk.jpg
FCNFsNUXoAElDM0.jpg
FCNFsNUXsAEhBCg.jpg

Last edited:
Seems Russians are confirming Bagheri statement from Moscov
Igor Janvarov, researcher at the Russian Presidential Academy of Public Administration: "Bagheri's visit to Russia determined the fate of the two countries' arms deals. The agreements were signed between the two countries after the lifting of international arms embargoes on Iran. "View attachment 789183View attachment 789184View attachment 789185View attachment 789186View attachment 789187View attachment 789188View attachment 789189View attachment 789190

Link please?

@QWECXZ @aryobarzan

I hope they do it. This multiple exchange rate has been the source of corruption and previous no spine government of Rouhani did not have the balls to fix it...Raisi has promised to take the hit and do the thing which are right for Iran but possibly will not make him popular ( a sign of a good leader)..The man is a true Patriot if he means that..:cheers:

I hope they do it. This multiple exchange rate has been the source of corruption and previous no spine government of Rouhani did not have the balls to fix it...Raisi has promised to take the hit and do the thing which are right for Iran but possibly will not make him popular ( a sign of a good leader)..The man is a true Patriot if he means that..:cheers:

It was unrealistic rate not in line with reality that only further contributed to inflation and deletion of reserve currency of central bank of Iran.

While the 17.5 rate is much more realistic, I would set it at 200,000 and drop the zeros. So Iran adopts toman and official rate becomes $1USD equals 20 Toman

Interesting video clip,it is about IRIAF mig 29 upgrade,but no audio unfortunately ..any way,there is little longer section(longer than I saw till now) where MIG 29UB with refueling probe is tested
EDIT: There is audio..my YT was muted :)

Interesting video clip,it is about IRIAF mig 29 upgrade,but no audio unfortunately ..any way,there is little longer section(longer than I saw till now) where MIG 29UB with refueling probe is tested
EDIT: There is audio..my YT was muted :)

The MiG-29 inflight refueling capability was designed and tested in the early 1990s. Never saw it implemented on the rest of the fleet after that unfortunately most probably due to financial restrictions.

Iran's economy is now growing ever so slightly and Iran is selling a decent amount of crude.

Basically at the moment Iran's economy is in recovery mode. I would not cut subsidies for staple foods such as wheat, barley, rice, etc. The lower exchange rate for such essential commodities pretty much act as a subsidy. Getting rid of the lower exchange rate rather than tackling corruption in the system would lead to massive inflation allm across the board.

If the government wants to get rid of the lower exchange rate then they should do so gradually over a long period of time, maybe even over a decade, not at once. We saw what happened when they increased the gasoline price abruptly. This will be 10x worse. Not a good idea right now and not abruptly.

In terms of introducing a new currency, slashing 4 zeros, that is not a bad idea. Also floating both currencies at once is a good idea as well so people don't get confused and understand the difference.

Right now 1 USD = 270,000 Rial so with the new currency 1 USD = 27 Toman and 1 Toman = 100 gherun. Much more convenient and efficient.

Anything is possible as long as they do it gradually. To bring down inflation digitizing the currency and boosting interest rates is a good idea.The current interest rate is what 12 percent ? 15 might be good for Iran.

Turkey really needs an interest rate boost their economy is crashing and burning their currency is in freefall. Unfortunately Erdogan keeps lowering it

It was unrealistic rate not in line with reality that only further contributed to inflation and deletion of reserve currency of central bank of Iran.

While the 17.5 rate is much more realistic, I would set it at 200,000 and drop the zeros. So Iran adopts toman and official rate becomes $1USD equals 20 Toman

Realistically I dont see Iran successfully producing its own fighter jet platform without a network of communication satellites. It's pretty much necessary for a modern, world class platform.

Iran more or less requires an injection of foreign technology to keep it's airforce capable and competitive in the region. With the current budget that's just the reality of the situation.

Qaher 313 will never fly. It's a flawed prototype at best. It's simply too small for a stealth fighter to carry a serious payload. Just compare the size of Qaher to checkmate which is a small stealth fighter. Checkmate is gigantic in comparison

Not only is F-313 video a hoax, that whole program was a hoax by the fraudulent Ahmadinejad regime.

I will never forget the DMs face being asked questions about the plane, he was supremely embarrassed answering that during the unveiling.

10+ years later and nothing to show for the program besides a taxi run with a glorified frankstein F-5 with a body kit on it.

I gave Iran the benefit of the doubt on that program for years and in the end, I was right. It was a crude joke.

Project is shelved people need to move on. The design needs massive modifications to be a viable fighter ever worth producing.

In terms of introducing a new currency, slashing 4 zeros, that is not a bad idea. Also floating both currencies at once is a good idea as well so people don't get confused and understand the difference.

Anything is possible as long as they do it gradually. To bring down inflation digitizing the currency and boosting interest rates is a good idea.The current interest rate is what 12 percent ? 15 might be good for Iran.
They have done it already. If you see recent banknotes in Iran, you'll notice that it says 10 instead of 100,000 IRR almost everywhere, except for the top-right corner where it displays 4 slashed zeroes in a lighter color.

1636067895884.png

Interest rate is 18% for loans and 16% for depositing your money in banks for long term. I think it should increase by 6 percent at least (over a span of 3 years). The problem is that if they do that, people will probably pull their money out of Tehran Stock Exchange and deposit it in banks (which is a risk-averse option) and that can make a lot of investors unhappy with the new government, particularly after the April crash. I think the central bank should prioritize controlling liquidity to bowing to public pressure or inflation will continue to remain above 20% for a long time (which will have worse side effects). If it were me, I would raise interest rates to 26% for loans and 25% for deposits over a span of 4 years.

As for the IRIAF, this could be my unpopular opinion, but I think our only viable chance of modernizing the IRIAF is to hire senior Chinese, Russian, Ukrainian, Italian and Brazilian scientists with high salaries (over $200K annually), provide them with what they need, and ask them to transfer the know-how to us; particularly in areas like metallurgy and engine design. We have maintained good relations with these countries and the people of these countries have a history of helping us in other areas.

Russia may finally deliver Su-30 or Su-35 to us, but only when it can't change the balance of power in the region significantly. So, even if the deal goes through, I wouldn't count on receiving anything game changing from Russia before 2030. By then, our major regional rivals like Israel and Saudi Arabia will be operating hundreds of F35's and tens of F22's.

As for the IRIAF, this could be my unpopular opinion, but I think our only viable chance of modernizing the IRIAF is to hire senior Chinese, Russian, Ukrainian, Italian and Brazilian scientists with high salaries (over $200K annually), provide them with what they need, and ask them to transfer the know-how to us; particularly in areas like metallurgy and engine design.
As per @EvilWesteners posts..those people already are in Iran...just use them if not already we just do not know.

As for Interest rate..do not increase that...why..Interest money given to a deposit is like creating money without any work (labour) behind it and that will add to huge liquidity in Iran which is a problem

Money should be created by work (production) not borne in a bank ..

Realistically I dont see Iran successfully producing its own fighter jet platform without a network of communication satellites. It's pretty much necessary for a modern, world class platform.

No, it’s not needed for interceptors defending Iranian territory and staying in “home field advantage”. Future quantum information exchange systems will make satellites for military grade communication obsolete.

Iran doesn’t need fighters that travel across the Middle East, it just needs fast (very fast) interceptors that can stay in the air a long time and who are equipped with BVR missiles equipped with an AESA radar. Thus local stations can provide the interceptors with update information.

One other thing about a complex satellite constellation...costs are dropping. You have private (and publicly traded) companies that in the next decade will have capability to put up constellations for themselves and clients at very affordable price.

So for Iran it should be feasible in future, much like MALE drone tech was exclusively in the hands of the West till late 2000’s. Now pretty much every major military in the world has Heavy drones and stealth drones.

However, over reliance on sats during war time is a grave mistake as US cyber command will do their best to hack/disable/jam Iranian sats and may even use space based weaponry (Aurora project) to disable Iranian satellites permanently.

Thus frequency hopping on GLONASS/BEIDOU is a better option in case of conflict.

As per @EvilWesteners posts..those people already are in Iran...just use them if not already we just do not know.

As for Interest rate..do not increase that...why..Interest money given to a deposit is like creating money without any work (labour) behind it and that will add to huge liquidity in Iran which is a problem

Money should be created by work (production) not borne in a bank ..
Well, I'm keeping my fingers crossed but I don't expect much from the IRIAF. At least not any time soon (before 2035). I mean look at our progress for the sake of God. It took us 21 years (1997-2018) to move from Azarakhsh to Kowsar. Do you see why I'm skeptical about our technology?

Now @EvilWesteners is a good poster on the forum. He certainly knows what he talks about and he understands this subject a lot better than me. But seriously, does anyone think that Iran can produce turbofan engines with +100kN thrust any time soon? And by soon I mean less than 5 years because we will certainly need time to mass-produce our final product as well.

I'm not saying that we can't eventually crack the problem. But it seems that our progress is extremely slow and we need foreign expertise to speed things up. We need to speed up things to remain as the main regional power.

About interest rate, if you do not increase the interest rate, people will refrain from depositing their money in banks and the government will lose control over markets and the economy fast. Look at the last 10 years of our economy. A 34% inflation of goods with respect to our currency per each year (in average) is not something that convinces people to keep their money in banks where the interest rate for their deposits is only 16%.
In other words, if you keep a 1,000,000 IRR in your bank account, next year it will be worth about 746,000 IRR in today's value! No sane person would do that to his assets. But we're off-topic. I will mention you in the Iranian Chill Thread to explain why it's absolutely necessary to keep the interest rate within a close range of inflation and depreciation of assets.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom