What's new

IRIAF | News and Discussions

After the Iran 140 fiasco (An-140), hopefully Iran will find better, reliable partners, like Russia or China, to either purchase high quality parts from (preferably with TOT) or to co-produce.

I'm not sure if Ukraine ever compensated Iran, but In my opinion Iran should have sued Ukraine for selling them faulty junk planes.
Looks like Ukraine is now doing its main "cooperation" with Saudi in Middle East instead of Iran...not a big loss for Iran imo..Iran is probably close to Ukraine in military tech and with the UN arms embargo about to end, Iran can go straight to the source of Ukraine's military tech - Russia.

one of the their military product which is at the same level as world top players products, is the AI-222 engine. Chinese advanced trainers use that engine.
Yeah,thats probably about the last remaining part of the ukrainian military industrial complex left that can actually produce something......unfortunately without the russians buying those engines anymore they`re pretty much stuck producing something that they cant really use themselves and that very few other nations want.
Rather ironic really.
Sadly for the ukrainians they made a literal sh!tload of very poor decisions thru out the last almost 30 years.
Ah well......:meeting:

Iran got ripped off, plain and simple. I wouldn't be surprised if the Zionists had something to do with this and if it weren't a case of pure sabotage.

Like I said Iran needs to initiate a lawsuit in international court. Especially since now the Ukrainians are trying to take Iran to court over the shoot down of 752. But what about all the civilians that were lost due to Iran purchasing this junk that they can't even use anymore.

Of course some would argue that Iran should have conducted its own extensive testing on the vital parts of the planes before flying them, but when nations purchase such products they expect them to be safe and functional, certified, etc

Ukraine isn't exactly on par with nations like the USA, France, Germany, Russia or even China when it comes to production quality, but still planes should not be certified to fly unless they are 100% safe.

Recently the US army asked the Ukrainians for one quantity of the BM Oplot tank for evaluation purposes however they could not even produce one single tank.

Of course because of the recent situation with Crimea and eastern Ukraine, you could argue that the country is in a dire situation but still, 1 tank ?

Instead of purchasing these junk Ukrainian planes, Iran should have purchased reliable Russian military planes like the IL-76 for example and converted them to civilian use. In the future if the sanctions are not lifted and Iran cannot build its own, purchase civilian transport planes from the west or even Russia or China, this will probably be the most viable option. However if Iran does this, they have to go with planes which have a superb proven track record.

Some of the crashes were Iranian negligently using the aircraft in scenarios it shouldn’t be used. I think one where the plane crashed the plane was loaded with more baggage than acceptable putting further stress on engines.

Beautiful systems and good level of manufacturing equipment...

Iran should invest on manufacturing technology development and machinery design...

They progressed...

Last edited:
Built with mostly foreign parts (US/EU) using imported machines. How admirable.
Oh, u must admire them as they succeed to setup such manufacturing cycles...may be in future they have their own engine and other stuff...

I'm referring to the refinement of assembly process and good level manufacturing environment..just look at those airframes

And Which country such such machinery for aerospace and aircraft manufacturing?? Can iran have access to em??

Oh, u must admire them as they succeed to setup such manufacturing cycles...may be in future they have their own engine and other stuff...

I'm referring to the refinement of assembly process and good level manufacturing environment..just look at those airframes

And Which country such such machinery for aerospace and aircraft manufacturing?? Can iran have access to em??

If Iran was not under sanctions it too would have experts from all around the world helping build the project. It too would have access to latest machinery that international companies offer.

South Korea is certainly ahead of Iran in electronics and techonologies. But it’s naive to think they would be able to build a 5th gen fighter all by themself without foreign contractors/advisors/and technology sharing.

But I give them credit, their product is more domestic than let’s say Pakistan/Turkey/Japan’s future fighter projects that are heavily based on foreign technology and tech.

If Iran was not under sanctions it too would have experts from all around the world helping build the project. It too would have access to latest machinery that international companies offer.

South Korea is certainly ahead of Iran in electronics and techonologies. But it’s naive to think they would be able to build a 5th gen fighter all by themself without foreign contractors/advisors/and technology sharing.

But I give them credit, their product is more domestic than let’s say Pakistan/Turkey/Japan’s future fighter projects that are heavily based on foreign technology and tech.

Saying that south korea is more domestic then Turkey's future fighter is a joke and shows that you know nothing about both projects.

Iran showed a honeycomb structure as DIO//AIO achievement in materials Its likely to be a radar absorbing structure for low-observable/stealth aerospace applications

1599260379964.png

1599260598150.png

Saying that south korea is more domestic then Turkey's future fighter is a joke and shows that you know nothing about both projects.

You’re a joke. Turkey’s tank is a South Korean tank! What happened to your attack helicopter?

It is well known Turkey uses foreign parts in many of its weapons. Arguing that is simply shows your biased ignorance.

South Korea has already manufactured a successful fighter jet (T-50) and is way ahead of Turkey in that field.

But if you ask Turks they also claim they first found America not the Europeans/Vikings! So I shouldn’t spend my time debating such nonsense.

shouldn't a modern airliner made in the 2000's be able to warn the pilots about excess baggage weight ? especially when it's enough weight to be a detriment to the lives of all on board ?

It seems as if most of the An-140 planes that were ever built are now in storage.

The Russians are actually the ones ones still flying them since they ended up making their own variant with more reliable Russian parts.

Iran should look into working with Russia to perhaps procure some parts and possibly resurrect the ones stuck in storage. But they should only be allowed to fly after extensive testing and being fully certified safe.

Some of the crashes were Iranian negligently using the aircraft in scenarios it shouldn’t be used. I think one where the plane crashed the plane was loaded with more baggage than acceptable putting further stress on engines.

You’re a joke. Turkey’s tank is a South Korean tank! What happened to your attack helicopter?

It is well known Turkey uses foreign parts in many of its weapons. Arguing that is simply shows your biased ignorance.

South Korea has already manufactured a successful fighter jet (T-50) and is way ahead of Turkey in that field.

But if you ask Turks they also claim they first found America not the Europeans/Vikings! So I shouldn’t spend my time debating such nonsense.

Well, i don't know how that is an answer to my question so i will answer it for you. The KF-X is less domestic then TF-X is due to the reason that they have no chance of embargo so they can use foreign systems and foreign engine. While, TF-X has to be all domestic so that we can't be blocked by the embargo.

The Tank was made with help with Korea, there is nothing wrong with that we got their technical help, while Armour was by roketsan, electronics by ASELSAN and Weapon by MKEK.

The Atak helicopter was produced with help from Agusta in 2009, and it has been updated since 2009 so all of its modern, and the domestic engine will enter serial production late this year or early next year as soon as its done is tests and gets its certificate.

Like in T-50, Koreans again got help from the American's for their KF-X. Korea built the T-50 with the help of America. That shows that they will succeed in KF-X, good luck for them. I still wish they would work on domestic engines tho, no matter its not good to be relying on other countries for engine like they do in T-50 and their upcoming KF-X, relationships can always change.

So thats it, i don't know why u replied like this to a question that i asked, when you could have just wrote my first paragraph and be done with it, but you had to attack turkey for some reason.

Edit:
Wow i just checked the T-50 wiki page but damn most of is american or Israeli.

i'm wondering how long we should wait to see this fly...

So what is going to be Iran's first big acquisition when the arms embargo ends soon? Are we going to see the long-awaited large order of Su-30s or will it be something else?

Back
Top Bottom