What's new

IRIAF | News and Discussions

Can someone please find photos from the small engine models displayed at the Iranian MAKS-2019 stand?
I would like to analyse them, there is more than just Tolue series, possibly J90.

is that what you seek?

EDE9fxmWkAY9rOR.jpg:large

KOWSAR-88 is marketed under the name "KOSAR"
From a user with whom I have news exchanges, I received an e-mail with a leaflet attached about the jet trainer that we know as Kowsar-88 recovered at the Iranian stand at MAKS-2019, (I state that I am not authorized to publish it )
But however, from this brochure in English it can be noted that the aircraft is advertised as "KOSAR", so I think this is the name we should use in the future.

Some features listed in the brochure
is equiped wits six internal fuel tanks and one external fuel tank under the fuselage centerline
Kosar:
Legth 12,25 m
Wing span 10,04 m
Heigth 4,5 m
Wing area 24 m2
Empy weight 3900 kg
Take-of weight (clean) 5500 kg
Max take-off weigth 6600 kg

Last edited:
Some features listed in the brochure
is equiped wits six internal fuel tanks and one external fuel tank under the fuselage centerline
Kosar:
Legth 12,25 m
Wing span 10,04 m
Heigth 4,5 m
Wing area 24 m2
Empy weight 3900 kg
Take-of weight (clean) 5500 kg
Max take-off weigth 6600 kg
shorter than f-5 but wider and having a higher height
being lighter of f-5 y one ton these are are noy important but what worry me is that f-5 maximum take of weight is more than 11t and this one is 6.6t

being lighter of f-5 y one ton these are are noy important but what worry me is that f-5 maximum take of weight is more than 11t and this one is 6.6t

Therefore 1100 kg of war loads suspended externally including possibly the additional tank
Example
4 x 250 kg bombs and an additional tank

It's probably that the structure of the kowsar 88 cant carry more than that, which isnt surprising at all, as it's intended for advanced training and light air to ground roles, so it doesnt have to carry that much stuff.

It's probably that the structure of the kowsar 88 cant carry more than that, which isnt surprising at all, as it's intended for advanced training and light air to ground roles, so it doesnt have to carry that much stuff.
Well I wonder what will this offer more than an f5 or something base on that.

Well I wonder what will this offer more than an f5 or something base on that.
they increased wingspan (saving fuel in high altitude), decrease the empty weight (also saving fuel) and removed the after burner. if i was to make a trainer out of what we have, the result would be the same as this kosar.

they increased wingspan (saving fuel in high altitude), decrease the empty weight (also saving fuel) and removed the after burner. if i was to make a trainer out of what we have, the result would be the same as this kosar.
they also decreased the payload

This is the 2017 brochure,
0_15fcb3_a5a671a0_orig.jpg

as you can see some data has changed.
The wings were slightly shortened but always kept the same surface, so they should have made changes, and the weights of the aircraft have changed, the data suggests that Iranian technicians have done a slimming cure to the aircraft
2017 - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - 2019
Legth 12.25 m. - - - - - - - Unchanged
Wing span 11.00 m. - - - - - now 10.04 m.
Heigth 4.7 m.- - - - - now 4, 5 m
Wing area 24 m2- - - - - Unchanged
Empy weight 4600 kg. - - - - now 3900 kg
Take-of weight (clean) ?? Kg. - - - - now 5500 kg
Max take-off weigth 6180 kg - - - - now 6600 kg
Who knows maybe the standard aircraft will be even more efficient

Last edited:
This is the 2017 brochure,
0_15fcb3_a5a671a0_orig.jpg

as you can see some data has changed.
The wings were slightly shortened but always kept the same surface, so they should have made changes, and the weights of the aircraft have changed, the data suggests that Iranian technicians have done a slimming cure to the aircraft
2017 - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - 2019
Legth 12.25 m. - - - - - - - Unchanged
Wing span 11.00 m. - - - - - now 10.04 m.
Heigth 4.7 m.- - - - - now 4, 5 m
Wing area 24 m2- - - - - Unchanged
Empy weight 4600 kg. - - - - now 3900 kg
Take-of weight (clean) ?? Kg. - - - - now 5500 kg
Max take-off weigth 6180 kg - - - - now 6600 kg
Who knows maybe the standard aircraft will be even more efficient
i wonder if the airplane can carry 1100kg of ordnance and use two owj engine while f-5 can carry 4ton of ordnance with that engine. also while the plane is lighter ,it fly 4km lower than F-5 with the same engine .

well i see why Army prefer to tinker with F-5 design

i wonder if the airplane can carry 1100kg of ordnance and use two owj engine while f-5 can carry 4ton of ordnance with that engine. also while the plane is lighter ,it fly 4km lower than F-5 with the same engine .

well i see why Army prefer to tinker with F-5 design

You are making a major mistake the J85 installed on the F-5s are equipped with afterburning, the Kosar does not have it.
If you want to make a comparison, there is the Saab 105Ö in the Austrian version and the Cesena A-37 light attack aircraft.

Back
Top Bottom