What's new

Iraq's reconstruction and development

Iraq is a cradle of civilization and I wish they will cut down the crap of shia sunni rift and get back to business fast! Iraq has a potential to develop into a model democratic state of Gulf!

And keep a check on negative influence from neighboring sheikdoms!

Mod Can you please change the title of this thread to "Iraq development"

Alshwi- great job of you in posting these pictures.. just a question- how do you see american role in devlopment in Iraque.. I know many US firms are investing there.. can you share your opinion?

Iraq was such an important part of Islamic civilization. I don't like to see another U.S looking country in making. i.e. malls, skyscrapers etc. Globalization has already created a big mess in this world. I hope they rebuild the historic areas and have a style of development somewhat like Morocco.

There are actually many large scale projects which have traditional designs. But most of these projects involve the buying property before starting the project. The land is ridiculously expensive in Iraq and in the old neighborhoods especially. It goes well over $2000/M2, so they need hundreds of millions of dollars just to acquire the land, and it is not easy thing to do. So until they manage to buy all the land I guess these projects need a couple more years to get started.

Alshwi- great job of you in posting these pictures.. just a question- how do you see american role in devlopment in Iraque.. I know many US firms are investing there.. can you share your opinion?

Ironically the US does not have as much investments and influence as most people imagine. The majority of American businessmen are scared to even invest in Iraq. The biggest investors in Iraq are the Turks, Chinese, South Korea, and Russian. The majority of the oil contracts ended up going to the Chinese and Russian companies. The Chinese are taking their profit in oil shipment rather than cash. But the good thing is Iraq managed to get the lowest production rates per barrel in the world.

Many of the American firms are involved in design, but not actual construction. The majority of Iraqis actually hope the US invests more in the Iraqi economy. It would a nice thing to see.

Oh!! this is beautiful!!

Thanks for sharing, I didn't know anything about Iraq development, since the media always focuses on the negatives...

keep them coming!

Your welcome, Inshallah Syria gets out of its misery soon and we see similar projects all over Syria as well.

Iraq Gate project in Baghdad, Construction set to start at the end of this year.

Iraq gate project, Baghdad-

223716_339711756126960_58579653_n.jpg

filemanager.php

Great posts alshawi :)

I just posted basra sports city and baghdad mall and realised you already posed them.

A day in Baghdad, shows the brighter side, and a bit of the dark side. I recommend to everyone that wants to be familiar with life in Baghdad.

Jadria Towers, Conctruction starts in April,

xiz5w.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Grand mosque of Kufa
imamhussain.org___%203126.jpg

masjed_alkufa_5_13_t2.jpg

Najaf-Imam Ali mosque
56491237206002621015720.jpg

Imam Hussien mosque-Karbala
536265_368024593287460_223119614_n.jpg

Khazimyah mosque- Baghdad
10133924_398[1].jpg

saydat al-najat church in Baghdad.
najat_zpsfdb7160d.png

Iraqi national Museum. Over 100,000 pieces not on display because the museum is not large enough
baghdadmuseum.jpg

Cuniform writing, The first known writing in history, you can also see the planets, sun and moon. The Sumerians are also known to be the first to study astronomy. King Hammurabi of Babylon is the first to use code of Laws in history.
8d983618-eecf-4fe4-bbc6-f478f9c3fb4c.jpg

Sumerian reed houses.
reed_house1349121505942.png

Imagery of sumerian life
e4d51691c8074389ffff8336ffffe417.jpg

building reed houses-2012
Mudhief-construction-001.jpg

The city walls of Nineveh- Nineveh province

Nineveh1.jpg

Ziggurat of UR, Dhi Qar province
ur_sumer_iraq_3055_jpg_600x.jpg

Mar Mattai Monastery or Church of Saint Matthew, built in the 4th century
4856352218_8ccd04629c_b.jpg

The Malwiya in Sammara
iraq-great-mosque-650_416.jpg

Hatrah- Nineveh
hatra.jpg

statue_of_abbu.jpg

90_iq_v1_11_22.jpg

Iraq-hatra_iraq.jpg

The Ancient city of Babylon - Babel province
Ancient-City-of-Babylon-85-Kilometers-South-of-Baghdad.jpg

33801724.jpg

Basrah- Oil and Gas free trade zone. The Largest to be implemented in Iraq.

The Basra Oil and Gas Free Zone is close to Basra International Airport adjacent to port Khor Al Zubair. Extending to 11 square kilometres (11 million square metres), the Zone will comprise mixed-use industrial, logistics, oil and gas storage, commercial and residential accommodation, a variety of ancillary uses, alongside customs and air strip.
With state-of-the-art security, BIOGH is located within the major oil and gas production area of Southern Iraq, adjacent to the port of Khor Al Zubair, and is being undertaken in joint venture with the Free Zone Authority – an independent authority under the Ministry of Finance.

Located within 125km of over 70% of Iraq’s proven oil and gas reserves
Excellent air, rail and road access
Adjacent to the port of Khor Al Zubair, Iraq’s designated strategic oil and gas port
35km from Basra city centre
30km from Basra International Airport
15km from Umm Qasr port
30km from Kuwaiti border crossing

the_site.jpg
the_site_key.jpg

(Green is oil, Red is Gas fields, BIOGH is project location)
strat.jpg

Back
Top Bottom